IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

32 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I hope City destroy UEFA over this tbh. They've bigged on a big boy in City, they've got bottomless pockets and they'll fight them all the way on this.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope City destroy UEFA over this tbh. They've bigged on a big boy in City, they've got bottomless pockets and they'll fight them all the way on this.

Think it'll be overturned, only thing will be the timing, if United finish 5th it won't be overturned in time I'd bet, but if it's us...

Tin foil hats at the ready but this could be another Manchester City sponsorship model in the sense that (if rumours are to be believed) they announce a £100 million shirt sponsorship deal with the sponsor actually paying around £2,000,000 with the other £98,000,000 being "gifted" to the sponsor through family friends of the owners to be pumped back into the club, it's a way of funding the club without it being seen by FFP as it's part of the club's genuine income stream - Manchester City and PSG are the known two that do it although I'm sure there will be more.

Odd time for me to say this I know with the recent City/FFP story breaking but you never know, I wouldn't be surprised to see USM/Megafon announced in a record breaking deal that's funded by Usmanov, Moshiri and whoever else already at the club recycling cash. 

I'm happy about the news too, I wasn't that bothered about SportPesa in truth but given the option I'd steer clear of gambling companies, I'm part of the lucky group that can gamble and walk away as and when whoever there's the unfortunate percentage of folk that let it take a hold of their life. It won't happen, but I'd love it if there was a rule where the chest sponsor could be whoever each club wanted but the sleeve has to be a registered charity (i.e. - EITC, a hospice, mental health awareness) would allow 20 charities to get exposure each weekend without paying a penny. 

8 hours ago, Cisk said:

Angry birds was always a weird one - thoughts of attracting young fans? Doesn't quite work for football I don't think

Think of the amount of people who go the game with a phone in their pocket (pretty much 100%). If even 10% install the app after seeing the adverts they're making some nice money - especially when said people get hooked and tell their mates. 

45 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We have had very odd sponsors.... 

Hafnia

NEC

Danka

One 2 one

Kejian 

Chang Beer

Sportpesa 

We need to get a sponsor that is acceptable to go on the shirts of kids, my grandchildren that wear the shirt don’t like it when it’s not exactly like the players shirt, and I can understand why. 

6 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Tin foil hats at the ready but this could be another Manchester City sponsorship model in the sense that (if rumours are to be believed) they announce a £100 million shirt sponsorship deal with the sponsor actually paying around £2,000,000 with the other £98,000,000 being "gifted" to the sponsor through family friends of the owners to be pumped back into the club, it's a way of funding the club without it being seen by FFP as it's part of the club's genuine income stream - Manchester City and PSG are the known two that do it although I'm sure there will be more.

Odd time for me to say this I know with the recent City/FFP story breaking but you never know, I wouldn't be surprised to see USM/Megafon announced in a record breaking deal that's funded by Usmanov, Moshiri and whoever else already at the club recycling cash. 

I'm happy about the news too, I wasn't that bothered about SportPesa in truth but given the option I'd steer clear of gambling companies, I'm part of the lucky group that can gamble and walk away as and when whoever there's the unfortunate percentage of folk that let it take a hold of their life. It won't happen, but I'd love it if there was a rule where the chest sponsor could be whoever each club wanted but the sleeve has to be a registered charity (i.e. - EITC, a hospice, mental health awareness) would allow 20 charities to get exposure each weekend without paying a penny. 

Think of the amount of people who go the game with a phone in their pocket (pretty much 100%). If even 10% install the app after seeing the adverts they're making some nice money - especially when said people get hooked and tell their mates. 

When I heard the news I immediately thought about this too. 

Hopefully it gets overturned as if it doesn't it will only hamper us in the long term.