IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

22 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Had an email from Everton today confirming that I’ll be able to get a refund on the remaining home games for my season ticket. Or you can have it as credit or donate some or all to EITC. 

Our club showing, once again, the right way of going about things. 

Was sent out to all members apparently because I got one as well. Nice touch.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Was sent out to all members apparently because I got one as well. Nice touch.

And me yesterday, I may email her back thanking her and asking if there’s any further news on my season ticket, this will be the third year coming up that I’ve heard nothing. 
I’m beginning to feel unloved and forgotten about😭😉

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Necro-ing this post but the reason people are discouraged from the political threads is because there is a far left lunatic in their accusing anyone and everyone of being a fascist. It's utterly exhausting and everyone is tired of it. I had to apologise to Palfy for mistaking him as this user. There's one bad egg but because this board generally leans left it gets tolerated. It just disintegrates into a slanting match because of the attitude of this poster. Sure people could and should handle it better but in the heat of the moment you engage and fall into the trap.

It's no surprise that the board has gone quiet in general though. Football has stopped for a while and coronavirus takes up something like 95% of all news reporting

Calm down Karen :afro2: I'm sorry you can't hold a discussion without having to start a slanging match but that's on you. Go check who threw the first stone.

As for the far left looney comment. The main thing I've asked is what policies do the tory party have to justify voting for them, when you know doing so will be at the cost of the NHS and people's lives. Don't see how that isnt a fair question? 

3 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Necro-ing this post but the reason people are discouraged from the political threads is because there is a far left lunatic in their accusing anyone and everyone of being a fascist. It's utterly exhausting and everyone is tired of it. I had to apologise to Palfy for mistaking him as this user. There's one bad egg but because this board generally leans left it gets tolerated. It just disintegrates into a slanting match because of the attitude of this poster. Sure people could and should handle it better but in the heat of the moment you engage and fall into the trap.

It's no surprise that the board has gone quiet in general though. Football has stopped for a while and coronavirus takes up something like 95% of all news reporting

42 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Calm down Karen :afro2: I'm sorry you can't hold a discussion without having to start a slanging match but that's on you. Go check who threw the first stone.

As for the far left looney comment. The main thing I've asked is what policies do the tory party have to justify voting for them, when you know doing so will be at the cost of the NHS and people's lives. Don't see how that isnt a fair question? 

Keep it off topic guys, any more solely political posts in this thread will be deleted.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Our new sponsor

Wow.... Very, very underwhelming from a perspective of international exposure for the club. 

An aspect I believe the club continues to not be successful in and represents the largest gap between the top European clubs and where we want to be.

Financials aside, this is hardly a step forward from the club from a branding perspective.

8 minutes ago, DavisJD said:

Wow.... Very, very underwhelming from a perspective of international exposure for the club. 

An aspect I believe the club continues to not be successful in and represents the largest gap between the top European clubs and where we want to be.

Financials aside, this is hardly a step forward from the club from a branding perspective.

Totally understand that perspective but what is the solution? Why would a huge international brand want to spend 10m a year on Everton kit? They could headline a pro golf tournament or F1 race for that kind of money and get 10x the return on their investment they would from us. Our place in the table is in direct correlation to the brands we are able to attract. 

Also I wouldn't say the top 6 have these super attractive names on their shirts: Utd/City/Arsenal are huge brands sure, Spurs/Liverpool are financial services (had to google as the states are totally unfamiliar with AIA and StandardChartered), Chelsea is yokohama tyres. 

I'm not being a wise guy, can you name a few companies/brands you would like to see?

53 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Over the moon with this. The 10m a year is just icing on the cake. Call me naive or stupid I don't care I support this club because of its values. This is Everton I'd rather have Cazoo for half the revenue of a SportPesa all day (in this case we don't have to worry about that). The kids can finally have the sponsor on the shirt. It's a British-owned business, and the only one to appear on the front of PL shirt as well. That says a lot about the club. They recognized they made a mistake and have done a fantastic job securing this deal. 

Exactly this for me. It’s a bonus that we’re the only club with a UK company being the sponsor too if I read the link correctly. 

i do hope it’s only the name and not their slogan as well though. It sounds a bit naff as a name but I’d love to see Everton branded kazoos now too making a racket at kickoff etc  :D 

Had to google them, don't like the fact that you don't get more than a thumbnail of the car you're interested before you have to enter your name, address, mobile and email. @StevO is probably the man to ask about them.

Other than that, as said above, at least it's not gambling.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Had to google them, don't like the fact that you don't get more than a thumbnail of the car you're interested before you have to enter your name, address, mobile and email. @StevO is probably the man to ask about them.

Other than that, as said above, at least it's not gambling.

Take that back, it's not true.

I’m happy we have a sponsor that can now be put on the kids shirts, I don’t know if anyone else had the same reaction, but my grandchildren who were Everton supporters, didn’t like the fact that there shirts were different from mine and the players. 
So it should please them that they will look the same as their heroes, and that is important for youngsters to feel the same as the rest of us. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m happy we have a sponsor that can now be put on the kids shirts, I don’t know if anyone else had the same reaction, but my grandchildren who were Everton supporters, didn’t like the fact that there shirts were different from mine and the players. 
So it should please them that they will look the same as their heroes, and that is important for youngsters to feel the same as the rest of us. 

Absolutely, but I’d rather they kept their hope for a bit longer. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

i do hope it’s only the name and not their slogan as well though. It sounds a bit naff as a name but I’d love to see Everton branded kazoos now too making a racket at kickoff etc  :D 

Kazoos please no I can’t stand them!!!!!!!