IGNORED

Martinez won't last the season

Yeah was about to post the independent one.

Haf film anology time...

Anyone seen forest Gump???

Forest couldn't walk properly (Everton in 2004) ... He had these braces (Moyes) fitted to his legs to help them walk. Whilst he could walk he could never run and he was picked on by the college jocks (top 4), he couldn't escape them.

He never realised that his legs were actually far better than when the braces had been put on... But he still had to walk restricted. One day it all changed (Martinez), the braces were ripped off, he outran the jocks, became a wide receiver and ran every day...

If we still had Moyes we would still be walking but getting picked on by college jocks. Now we haven't we are representing all state in football. ...

Edited by Hafnia

Moyes taught Everton to walk again after a seriuos accident -

Martinez however taught them how to run (with the big dogs) again -

Moyes did something but Martinez is doing what Moyes could not -

Martinez is also attracting top players on loan which Moyes could not -

who is the better coach ?

Maybe Moyes if you are about to be relegated but maybe Martinez if you want to take on the top 5

in most instances the truth hurts - just ignore it if you are sick of it - or contradict it

just read the thread properly and you will notice that there is nothing that every Evertonian knows -

crux of the matter is that some are defending Moyes while others are defending Martinez -

The truth hurts? I'm glad Moyes has gone ffs, I'd wanted him gone for ages. I'm just sick of the analogies; they were funny at first and now they're boring. Say. What. You. Mean.

Surely I can't be the only one who's sick of these analogies?

Yep!

We've had the lot, cars, Forrest Gump, Big dogs, Chris woods lovely brown legs.......all for he same reason, a bitterness and hatred of Moyes.Like Duncs has said, fuc%s sake let it go.We appear to have with us now an excellent manager, just enjoy it while it lasts.

surely the Moyes haters are forgetting a couple of things.Martinez walked away from Wigan for a bigger challange, he didn't stay and try and help them back into the prem! He doesn't/didn't love Wigan, he just did what he felt was right for him, probably just the same as Moyes has done.

Moyes came back to his old club for a couple of players, Martinez went back to Wigan for who he thought were two of their best players, it seems it's ok when Martinez does it but not Moyes.Don't use the bullshit Moyes tried to get them on the cheap, it's what any business man would do.

Get over it Moyes doesn't love Everton, neither does Martinez.He (Martinez), unless we are lucky will move on one day, and don't cry into your beer if he comes back for our best players, it's just how it works.

What's exciting about Martinez is, he has a philosophy, if he can build a team, a squad, a club around this, then with the bit of luck that's always needed, that club will go places.

The better he does, I'm afraid the more chance we have of a spanish giant, or a major champions league team coming for him.He's probably the spark this club needed, even without the rich Russian or Arab you feel he can move us forward.

Martinez turned down the rs, he could have turned us down......but he didn't !

I think everything about this club struck a cord, the chairman, the existing squad, the fans, the history.....the state of the club!

The state/the standing of this club is in part down to Moyes, like it or not.

I still feel without Moyes there wouldn't have been a Martinez.Moyes came to this club at the right time, hopefully Martinez can now bring that philosophy and make us even better.

I understand the love for Martinez, but not the hate for Moyes.

Am not bitter but don't ya just hate that moyes fella!

No not in the slightest. He irritates me at the moment but he was a good manager for us. In fact there is only one Everton manager I would speak disparagingly of ... Mike "Trenchcoat" Walker. But I assume you Moyes baiters are too young to remember him.

Moyes did well for us, give the lad a break. Martinez is doing well for us, give him a chance. Fair is fair after all. Nobody forces you to go to the games and spend your money do they?

Edited by Rubecula

Yep!

We've had the lot, cars, Forrest Gump, Big dogs, Chris woods lovely brown legs.......all for he same reason, a bitterness and hatred of Moyes.Like Duncs has said, fuc%s sake let it go.We appear to have with us now an excellent manager, just enjoy it while it lasts.

surely the Moyes haters are forgetting a couple of things.Martinez walked away from Wigan for a bigger challange, he didn't stay and try and help them back into the prem! He doesn't/didn't love Wigan, he just did what he felt was right for him, probably just the same as Moyes has done.

Moyes came back to his old club for a couple of players, Martinez went back to Wigan for who he thought were two of their best players, it seems it's ok when Martinez does it but not Moyes.Don't use the bullshit Moyes tried to get them on the cheap, it's what any business man would do.

Get over it Moyes doesn't love Everton, neither does Martinez.He (Martinez), unless we are lucky will move on one day, and don't cry into your beer if he comes back for our best players, it's just how it works.

What's exciting about Martinez is, he has a philosophy, if he can build a team, a squad, a club around this, then with the bit of luck that's always needed, that club will go places.

The better he does, I'm afraid the more chance we have of a spanish giant, or a major champions league team coming for him.He's probably the spark this club needed, even without the rich Russian or Arab you feel he can move us forward.

Martinez turned down the rs, he could have turned us down......but he didn't !

I think everything about this club struck a cord, the chairman, the existing squad, the fans, the history.....the state of the club!

The state/the standing of this club is in part down to Moyes, like it or not.

I still feel without Moyes there wouldn't have been a Martinez.Moyes came to this club at the right time, hopefully Martinez can now bring that philosophy and make us even better.

I understand the love for Martinez, but not the hate for Moyes.

Hallelujah!!!

Important thing to remember: Martinez's wife is Scottish. She just had their first child. Her family is here. I don't see Roberto going to Barca any time soon. As for other clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Spurs) tying to recruit him, he does, despite what others wrote above, have a sense of loyalty to his club. My guess is that he'll stay at least until he's established a proven legacy.

No not in the slightest. He irritates me at the moment but he was a good manager for us. In fact there is only one Everton manager I would speak disparagingly of ... Mike "Trenchcoat" Walker. But I assume you Moyes baiters are too young to remember him.

Moyes did well for us, give the lad a break. Martinez is doing well for us, give him a chance. Fair is fair after all. Nobody forces you to go to the games and spend your money do they?

Playing the old age card eh? Always the last refuge of the inferior. I'm 31 and I remember him - and I don't even support your club.

And Moyes is fucking clueless. He has zero idea about football in the 21st century, and is ignorant of most football outside of Britain. He's a typical 'safe', pragmatic, defensive coach and rather than being lauded for that, he should be criticised, because he embodies much of what is wrong with British football and its lack of development. His ego is far bigger than his actual ability and you need to accept that.

I swear some of you guys on here have Stockholm syndrome; for years Moyes lowered your expectations and tricked you into believing that he had saved Everton and was doing you all a favour - in reality he was a very highly paid mercenary who was only interested in his own career. He did well to start with but he effectively held you hostage for the last five years - half of his tenure approximately - and here you are expressing your gratitude for it.

The Liverpool fans are spot on about him - he's an utter embarrassment to football and no better than the much maligned Hodgson - he's getting a free pass because he's one of Fergie's cronies. And speaking of Liverpool, it's no wonder they look down on some Everton fans when some of you are so accepting of mediocrity. In fact, not accepting of it - in awe of it.

Hafnia is bang on with everything he says and I salute him.

Edited by Nikica

Playing the old age card eh? Always the last refuge of the inferior. I'm 31 and I remember him - and I don't even support your club.

And Moyes is fucking clueless. He has zero idea about football in the 21st century, and is ignorant of most football outside of Britain. He's a typical 'safe', pragmatic, defensive coach and rather than being lauded for that, he should be criticised, because he embodies much of what is wrong with British football and its lack of development. His ego is far bigger than his actual ability and you need to accept that.

I swear some of you guys on here have Stockholm syndrome; for years Moyes lowered your expectations and tricked you into believing that he had saved Everton and was doing you all a favour - in reality he was a very highly paid mercenary who was only interested in his own career. He did well to start with but he effectively held you hostage for the last five years - half of his tenure approximately - and here you are expressing your gratitude for it.

The Liverpool fans are spot on about him - he's an utter embarrassment to football and no better than the much maligned Hodgson - he's getting a free pass because he's one of Fergie's cronies. And speaking of Liverpool, it's no wonder they look down on some Everton fans when some of you are so accepting of mediocrity. In fact, not accepting of it - in awe of it.

You make it all sound like a conspiracy, lad. Honestly, I wish all of you would shut the heck up about Moyes for one second, good or bad. I was worried about Martinez at first, but he seems to have shown that he can at least match Moyes' results if not take us places that Moyes could never get us (right now it's appearing to be the latter), assuming he's able to buy well on our limited budget (to keep us successful, any manager here would have to know a value in the transfer market)...Please, for our 2014 new year's resolution, can we all talk about what a good manager we have brought in, instead of focusing attention to ex-players and Moyes.

You make it all sound like a conspiracy, lad. Honestly, I wish all of you would shut the heck up about Moyes for one second, good or bad. I was worried about Martinez at first, but he seems to have shown that he can at least match Moyes' results if not take us places that Moyes could never get us (right now it's appearing to be the latter), assuming he's able to buy well on our limited budget (to keep us successful, any manager here would have to know a value in the transfer market)...Please, for our 2014 new year's resolution, can we all talk about what a good manager we have brought in, instead of focusing attention to ex-players and Moyes.

First off, don't call me 'lad'. And it is a conspiracy - Ferguson had his band of little followers with Moyes being the general.

Second, the reason people (Hafnia) mentions Moyes is because you have people here slavishly defending him, when he doesn't deserve it. He's a shite manager who disrespected your club. Fives years from now the chances are he will be a laughing stick having been exposed for what he is at Man U. Far more important than that, though, are his disrespectful comments and implications that he did you all a favour by permitting you to experience his managerial genius. He's a tit who represents everything that is wrong with football. Conversely, Martinez represents everything that is right about football.

Go abroad and ask anyone if they think Moyes is half the manager that Martinez is - the only people who will say yes are the glory-hunting Man United fans.

Edited by Nikica

First off, don't call me 'lad'. And it is a conspiracy - Ferguson had his band of little followers with Moyes being the general.

Second, the reason people (Hafnia) mentions Moyes is because you have people here slavishly defending him, when he doesn't deserve it. He's a shite manager who disrespected your club. Fives years from now the chances are he will be a laughing stick having been exposed for what he is at Man U. Far more important than that, though, are his disrespectful comments and implications that he did you all a favour by permitting you to experience his managerial genius. He's a tit who represents everything that is wrong with football. Conversely, Martinez represents everything that is right about football.

Go abroad and ask anyone if they think Moyes is half the manager that Martinez is - the only people who will say yes are the glory-hunting Man United fans.

Yawn.

By the way I agree so much of that

*sigh*

So much hatred from the youngsters. There really is no need for it you know. Moyes is a professional football manager and he did his job with us and is now doing his job with Man U. Maybe he is good maybe not, but conspiracy? Please wake up and stop having nightmares.

You really are a condescending, ageist dick. Despite the fact I am more than two decades younger than you, I would be very confident that I know more about the history of the game than you - not difficult given you've probably never watched a foreign game of football in your life. So less of the superiority complex, Andy Gray.

'Wake up'? Perhaps you are the guy who should wake up. Corruption - implied or outright - is prevalent at all levels of the game, in many countries. If you don't think Ferguson had an old boys network consisting of the likes of Allardyce, Pulis, Bruce, his son, Moyes etc then it says more about you than it does I. This clearly helped him when it came to loans, public favour, transfers etc - see Sunderland buying all of United's dross and getting nowhere as a result.

You received an angry response because of the air of your original post. You suffer from that which many men your age do - an unwarranted belief in your mythical 'wisdom'.

Edited by Nikica

Rubecula, you keep on with this 'youngsters' strawman (giving the not so subtle implication that anyone who disagrees with you must be a kid who's been watching football for five minutes). The guy who's most on your side in this debate was born in 1993 - 7 years after I began following football.

Cut the ageism and stop debating like a coward.

You've been a good poster up to now but when a non-Evertonian starts personally abusing any Evertonian on an Everton forum it just dosen't sit well with me so either wind it in or hop it.

That's fair - when I first joined I made the same point: that I realised I am a guest here and shouldn't take liberties.

However, this is something different entirely - I'm not attacking his views, I'm attacking his put-downs of other people. In that sens, it's not non-Evertonian versus Evertonian, but human against human. So I felt my reaction was entirely justified.

By the way I have been abused by both a Celtic fan and a Hibs fan on a Rangers forum before - it didn't bother me.

Edited by Nikica