IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Reading a few stories....

Rom extended leave.... Niasse saying that he doesn't think Koeman likes Rom.... Deulofeu up front....

I don't think we will see Rom play in an Everton shirt again. Once this £100m Pogba money goes through the wheels will click into gear - Juve will buy Higuain with the money leaving Napoli cash rich and maybe they will go in for Rom and they give us the centre half plus £25m.

Having Deulofeu as a central player negates his awesome crossing ability - but playing him central is certainly not going to do him any harm in terms of development.

Except Niasse didn't say that. He said he thinks Lukaku will be staying.

Except Niasse didn't say that. He said he thinks Lukaku will be staying.

but also says he thinks Koeman doesn't like him. So all things being correct - the only thing to deduce from that is that he doesn't think we will get the offer we want for Rom.

Playing Deulofeu up front shows that he is thinking alternatively to Martinez which was that "lukaku plays as a striker no matter what" - when you have a supposed £60m player who is to do that role then it does raise suspicions - especially when he was given extended time away after a world cup when other players had returned.

Am I right? not necessarily but things aren't adding up are they.

Deulofeu I think is a pretty plausible option as a central forward - his pace and skill will be a nightmare against some slower cumbersome defenders. He could rotate with mirallas in such a system.

but also says he thinks Koeman doesn't like him. So all things being correct - the only thing to deduce from that is that he doesn't think we will get the offer we want for Rom.

Playing Deulofeu up front shows that he is thinking alternatively to Martinez which was that "lukaku plays as a striker no matter what" - when you have a supposed £60m player who is to do that role then it does raise suspicions - especially when he was given extended time away after a world cup when other players had returned.

Am I right? not necessarily but things aren't adding up are they.

Deulofeu I think is a pretty plausible option as a central forward - his pace and skill will be a nightmare against some slower cumbersome defenders. He could rotate with mirallas in such a system.

No, as Finn has gone on to clarify, Niasse was saying he didn't think Koeman liked him (Niasse).

niasse said something? who cares.

back to the magic man!

really hoping he matures with age and works on his fitness. granted it was a pre-season game, but he still didn't make the full 90. last season it seemed he lost steam before the end of games as well. what are your thoughts?

to be honest i'd prefer we had a solid striker on the bench to come in every match for 20 minutes. i'd like whomever our 9 is to only play 70 so they are fresh all season. i think a solid impact striker could really influence games too and they would feel useful since they know they are getting steady minutes.

I'd quite like us to fuck rom off and play with no striker and play 4-3-3 it works for barca why not us?

that's what we did today and were very tidy. Mirallas, Tarashaj, and Gerry the 3. They all interchanged and it looked pretty nice honestly. Ross in the middle bossing things and Clev and Davies doing the defensive work.

I've said it that many times I've done my own nut in.... we need forward players who can look after the ball.

Naismith was great off the ball and not bad at give and go's - ultimately just not good enough. Kone is a walking knee injury who is picking up his retirement wages. Rom wants the ball supplying to him so he can just finish.

Ball retention with our attacking midfield talent is key. The red shite looked awesome with suarez and sturridge... they even made sterling look good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to see Deulefeu starting in at least 5 matches in a row -

He needs match practice/fitness - to show his true ability -

I still believe he has the potential to be a much better player than he is at the moment -

Same but to a lesser extent applies for Mirallas

But when you think about why you said that is it because you have witnessed them playing a lot better than they have been of late, so you know they can do a job, that's how I feel and I include Barkley in that as well.

Now are we all to believe that in six months they have all become shit at the same time due to there own deficiencies, or could it be the fault of clueless management.

Forms been shit since he got pulled from the starting 11 last season, he was second leading assist maker in European football at that stage behind Ozil. Needs to find his form, can't fault his attitude though.

Every time he trys to beat a man I wonder why he hasn't just taken a touch and whipped it in, he's one of the best in the league for it.

MILAN EYE DEULOFEU LOAN

AC Milan are keen on negotiating a loan deal with Everton for winger Gerard Deulofeu, Sky sources understand.

Any discussions are thought to be at an early stage and Everton may not be willing to do business as they are without the injured Yannick Bolasie and have limited options in wide positions.

Deulofeu has made 11 appearances in the Premier League so far this season but just four of them have come from the start.

Reports in Spain have also linked the 22-year old with a move to Marseille and Deportivo La Coruna.

-SSN

Looks like there could be some substance. Would a loan move be the best option sp we could assess where he is at in 6 months time?

Seemed to have all the potential in the world a couple of seasons ago, we were even worried Barca might want him back!