IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Every time he trys to beat a man I wonder why he hasn't just taken a touch and whipped it in, he's one of the best in the league for it.

Great point know your capabilities and play to your strengths, your right he can whip in a great ball, maybe some one should give him a few hours of Beckham's crosses, he very rarely took a defender on to get to the goal line to put a across in, in fact taking players on was probably the worst part of his game.

Now I'm not trying to say Delli is a Beckham, but has the ability to whip in a great cross twenty yards from the goal line, without needing to take on the defender.

I'd like to keep him, he might not be a Barcelona level player but we're not a Barcelona level club (at the moment).

Be sad to see him go on a permanent basis, but wouldn't mind a loan so he could show what he is capable of to RK.

Even if it was one within the EPL. Hull, or Burnely or someone like that.

Great point know your capabilities and play to your strengths, your right he can whip in a great ball, maybe some one should give him a few hours of Beckham's crosses, he very rarely took a defender on to get to the goal line to put a across in, in fact taking players on was probably the worst part of his game.

Now I'm not trying to say Delli is a Beckham, but has the ability to whip in a great cross twenty yards from the goal line, without needing to take on the defender.

His first season here he was on fire, just from his no nonsense tap the ball to make half a yard and cross mentality.

Alexis Sanchez, Bellerin, Yaya Toure, Arteta, Ibra, it goes on and on. Just like Madrid they let awesome players go alll the time because they don't have the time to give them to blossom into a star. It's make or break.

A lot of those players were already established and were simply moved on. They can't have all of them.

He is clearly a lad that needs games and I don't think he has let us down when he has played so that respect he has been unlucky.

He is a frustrating player because you can imagine him skinning every opposition player only to miss the shot.

If he played every game in a season I would put a pretty big bet on him being the assist and chances created leader.

A bit like Barkley and Lukaku though, there is a downside in respect of what else he brings to the side on a bad day.

Odd situation, Bolassie played every game and our game was set up to involve him first (even knocking him headers towin in midfield FFS) so with a tricky direct speedster the focal point of the side when he got the ACL injury Deulofeu seemed something like a player to involve to at least try to carry on the method of play that had been built.

I wonder if Deulofeu is seen as a luxury player that we simply cant afford to play as we are struggling to carry Barkley and Lukaku in the same eleven, that Barry doesn't have the mobility he once did is severely hampering the midfield, cute and smart as he is with his play oppositions are singling him out to run at.

We are a patchwork side, and because so many areas need cover it is reducing opportunities for trying new tactics, setups and fresh legs.

Depressing.

I miss Deulofeu a lot, but we will miss him more once he moves on. Is he the new Mirallas of this season? Nobody knows why he is not playing - certainly not because he is not good enough. Two acadamy players gets the nod ahead of him these days. At least he is not humiliated like Mirallas was last season by warming him up and then sending on Osman, or sending him on for the last 2 or 3 minutes of a game.

I can understand it not working at Barcelona as you need to be exceptional to break into that front line.

Sevilla didnt trust him in big games and their manager was critical of him too and decided not to keep him on.

Something is stopping him from doing well, he has natural ability which is plain to see but he is very inconsistent and never seems fit. He does seem a luxury player, someone to come on the last 20 mins and whip some crosses in. I think his level is lower down the league, Middlesborough are interested in a loan and i think he would be a good fit there but they have Traore who is very similar and they seem to be frustrated with him.

Seems odd that we've frozen out a quite excellent player on his day, a winger with loads of pace and a good bit of skill, we're looking to sign a younger winger today (Lookman) we haven't dealt with the Bolassie injury, and who's the forward player that our raft of wingers is aiming crosses at?

Deulofeu is however light weight, and has a tendancy to easily be levered off the ball which leads to him finding the ground with his ass with his arms extended towards the referee in expectation of god-only-knows-what. The shirt on your back aint a barca shirt, and this aint the Spanish league.

Why persist with him in pre season as a forward only to ignore him during the season when the bench is so light on experienced forward players (Kone and Niasse not involved, Bolassie injured meaning Mirallas rotated in in parts, and then suddenly Calvert-Lewis thrown into the breach)

When clown-shoes moved in I understand he brought dross like Alcaraz, Kone and Robles along with him with a decent signing in McCarthy, so he had faces in the dressing room that could be relied upon and utilise that working relationship on the pitch following the all new tiki-taka crab ball football style. Comparing, Koeman hadn't relegated his former side and so crowbarring players out from there wasn't on the cards even if it had been allowed between the clubs. So Koeman has had to adjust to the players and their respective characters, impact with the initial signings he could make and bide his time until players that simply won't do his bidding can be shuffled on.

Preseason and our league squads don't marry up.

League squads and the sudden inclusion of youth players don't marry up.

We're all hoping for a signing or two, but I wonder, if a poll were to be made for this January do supporters expect a net gain in players, a net loss, or for business in terms of signings and sales to break even in terms of the numbers of players (not the associated fees).

Gerry was played in pre season so the manager could get a good look and see what he offered.

Lukaku was away on international duty and had an extended break.

The manager then gave Gerry a chance at the start of the season and he slowly dwindled out.

I'm afraid it's his own doing. Let's face it, for such an explosive type player he didn't even do it in his sub appearances.

He's not a koeman type player apparently. Doesn't track back can't tackle doesn't want to press, can't score goals really just a cross machine and pace merchant. Very one dimensional, bolasie does those as well but he works hard on defense, tracks back, is a little bigger and more physical (doesn't get pushed off the ball), and can score (a little better than Gerry there not much).

Just think he's not good enough. Mid table or lower la liga side would be best.

2 minutes research done.

Belgium were knocked out of euro 2016 by Wales on the 1st of July, Lukaku played, Mirallas didn't.

Belgium hammered Hungary on the 26th of June, Lukaku played, Mirallas didn't.

Belgium beat Sweden on the 22nd of June, Lukaku played, Mirallas didn't.

Belgium beat rep of Ireland on 18th of June, Lukaku played, Mirallas didn't.

Italy beat Belgium, 13th June. Lukaku played, no Mirallas.

This is becoming annoying, so it shows Mirallas wasn't used because he never went to the tournament. So Koeman fit Deulofeu in up front in pre season and at the beginning of the season proper then fell out withhim, yet didn't utilize Mirallas who'd had the summer off.

So of late Mirallas has had much more game time yet Deulofeu can't even get a slot on the bench yet Calvert-Lewin who signed on August 31st has been getting game time.

I wonder if Koeman has had a call from an old barca buddy regards Deulofeu's attitude, we've not heard any reports of misbehaviour, no injury news, or personal difficulties, it's all speculation and I suppose we might have to get our heads around that Deulofeu might get frozen out similar to Niasse because Koeman just doesn't like him.

Barkley being dropped and critiqued seems to have jump started his season (dear lord I hope so) yet the silence in respect to Deulofeu is totally at odds with how every other players form and chances have been approached.

I miss Deulofeu a lot, but we will miss him more once he moves on. Is he the new Mirallas of this season? Nobody knows why he is not playing - certainly not because he is not good enough. Two acadamy players gets the nod ahead of him these days. At least he is not humiliated like Mirallas was last season by warming him up and then sending on Osman, or sending him on for the last 2 or 3 minutes of a game.

Is he actually good enough though? Is he very good at a particular type of flat whipped cross, yes, one of the best. Is he good at anything else that we need...? Remember those stories about Fellaini having off the charts VO2 max? I'd wager Gerry is at the exact opposite end of that spectrum. He's simply unable to run for more than 5 minutes at a time.

As for pace, I'm not even sure he has it in a genuine sense. Yes he's lightning over 5 yards, but over longer distances I struggle to remember him pulling away from or overtaking defenders.

He's got a skill set, I'm not sure he or the coaching staff know exactly what it is and how to use it though. If he's not going to learn to defend then there's no point in keeping him around because he won't be playing for Koeman. Best to cash in quickly.

Is he actually good enough though? Is he very good at a particular type of flat whipped cross, yes, one of the best. Is he good at anything else that we need...? Remember those stories about Fellaini having off the charts VO2 max? I'd wager Gerry is at the exact opposite end of that spectrum. He's simply unable to run for more than 5 minutes at a time.

As for pace, I'm not even sure he has it in a genuine sense. Yes he's lightning over 5 yards, but over longer distances I struggle to remember him pulling away from or overtaking defenders.

He's got a skill set, I'm not sure he or the coaching staff know exactly what it is and how to use it though. If he's not going to learn to defend then there's no point in keeping him around because he won't be playing for Koeman. Best to cash in quickly.

He is I have seen him rip past defenders, in the early games of the season he was putting good cross's in. The trouble is he is so inconsistent, whether this is due to poor fitness or some mental block I don't know.

also Gerry posted for new years/Christmas that he and his girlfriend are having a baby, maybe that has taken his focus off and made him not train well.

I was wondering whether he's dealing with a personal issue of some sort, maybe related to this. In that scenario, I could understand why he's absent and everyone is quiet for a week or two: It would be doing the right thing for him and not inviting the press to invade his life.

Personally, I hope he stays. He brings a level of trickery and dangerous crossing that, quite frankly, we've been missing.

Edited: kant spill.

Edited by Cornish Steve