IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Really one I didn't expect or want to lose, ability wise the lad has the world at his feet he just needs a good run of games

The only reasoning I can see is he's been told he won't feature as much as he'd like at a pretty crucial time in his career and they've decided its the best move for him

I know the likes of Lennon won't have much residual value but I'd much rather throw Geri on and lose Lennon

Edited by EFC-Paul

It's odd. How can someone who has played footy all his life... 9 st soaking wet struggle to run?

He makes explosive sprints when getting forward. Unless you're naturally a beast you won't recover quicker enough to press as well. I'd look to bring him on for the last half hour of most games as he's definitely got that something special that can win you games. Blackburn used to do similar with David Dunn, but sub him off.

He makes explosive sprints when getting forward. Unless you're naturally a beast you won't recover quicker enough to press as well. I'd look to bring him on for the last half hour of most games as he's definitely got that something special that can win you games. Blackburn used to do similar with David Dunn, but sub him off.

He's not different in what he's expected to do than Leighton baines. Baines needs to match the wingers who bomb past and also to join in attacks.... no excuse no difference.

I thought he said 433 Mark? Being Dutch, 433 is in there blood.

I can't think of any other reason to let Geri go though.

Trying to go back and find it Steve but can't. Looked and at soton he played 4231 442 352 so I guess I was wrong he doesn't have a preferred formation.

I would think 433 Dutch as well but I don't think he's used that yet? Could be wrong againz

I'd love to keep him he can be a real game changer him and Lukaku were unstoppable at one point. Sad to see he's not even on the bench these days.

I remember him being brilliant second half versus Barnsley in the League Cup. Then for maybe 3 or 4 games every cross he made seemed to fall at Rom's feet. I thought the same - his crossing and Rom's left peg were gonna win us the league. But it was literally 3 or 4 games. Deulofeu has done fuck all in well over a year, he's lightweight, seemingly unable to complete 90 minutes, and largely ineffective. Like I said, I had huge hopes for him too, but he isn't that good.

Sent from my Fusion5 using Tapatalk

I remember him being brilliant second half versus Barnsley in the League Cup. Then for maybe 3 or 4 games every cross he made seemed to fall at Rom's feet. I thought the same - his crossing and Rom's left peg were gonna win us the league. But it was literally 3 or 4 games. Deulofeu has done fuck all in well over a year, he's lightweight, seemingly unable to complete 90 minutes, and largely ineffective. Like I said, I had huge hopes for him too, but he isn't that good.

Sent from my Fusion5 using Tapatalk

add to that he doesn't like to track back, press, or throw a tackle and its very easy to see why he won't be around.

Trying to go back and find it Steve but can't. Looked and at soton he played 4231 442 352 so I guess I was wrong he doesn't have a preferred formation.

I would think 433 Dutch as well but I don't think he's used that yet? Could be wrong againz

He considers 4231 as 433. You can often hear him refer to his wingers as forwards.

All these different formations are just how the media and computer games label them.

I would imagine the current formation being labelled 343 with the wing backs making up the 4 with the two deepest midfielders.

He considers 4231 as 433. You can often hear him refer to his wingers as forwards.

All these different formations are just how the media and computer games label them.

I would imagine the current formation being labelled 343 with the wing backs making up the 4 with the two deepest midfielders.

ah thanks steve now it makes sense.

He blew us away in his first season here, I think we cling onto this a bit. Because since then he has been more miss than hit.

In the Premiership you can't afford the luxury of giving someone a run of games in the hope they might get up to speed. You have to hit the ground running, so to speak. With Geri, I just don't think he could do it for 90 minutes, never mind week after week.

With Koeman, unless you are Niasse, you have had a chance to show yourself. Not just in games, but everyday in training. Note McCarthy...he has impressed Koeman despite being one of the possible players to be released.

This is a good move for Geri. It's easier to play in Serie A these days. Less physical. He'll not be expected to track back as much either.

Good luck to him.