IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

I can see Baxendale going, wouldn't be surprised if Sharp is removed too. I'd be absolutely amazed if Kenwright went though as he seems to have his claws deep in the club. 

Amazes me how someone can be so hated and just sit on it. If I were in his position I'd be off sharpish, I don't know why he puts himself through it.

20 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I can see Baxendale going, wouldn't be surprised if Sharp is removed too. I'd be absolutely amazed if Kenwright went though as he seems to have his claws deep in the club. 

Amazes me how someone can be so hated and just sit on it. If I were in his position I'd be off sharpish, I don't know why he puts himself through it.

Agree. I think he realises he now can't leave on the terms he wanted - white horse, off into the sunset with a new stadium. Now all he is going to be remembered for is all this horrible stuff. He's done it to himself but I think that's the phase of denial he is in.

Kenwright is going through the extinction burst of realising things aren’t going his way. A bit like a child who has their last kick and scream when they realise they ain’t getting their attention. 

toys getting flogged out the pram the lot. Just hurry up and get lost. Stay in London. 

9 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Where did you get that number? I read the highest paid Director was on 870k and it was DBB. 

Not disagreeing with you that they are all overpaid, piss takers.

It's the TT Yx£ Factor; if the person posting has a long standing grudge against the subject, then its years of ranting multiplied by a tabloids wage estimate at time of the subject taking the position. He's actually only on £66k a year.

The variation to that rule is if the subject is world class, in which case its Mx£. See James as example. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

It's the TT Yx£ Factor; if the person posting has a long standing grudge against the subject, then its years of ranting multiplied by a tabloids wage estimate at time of the subject taking the position. He's actually only on £66k a year.

The variation to that rule is if the subject is world class, in which case its Mx£. See James as example. 

Apologies it’s £800k…. 

protest at liver buildings 11am Saturday. I’ll be there. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/31/treasurys-sanctions-police-reviewing-finances-of-everton-fc-owner-guardian-understands

The Treasury’s sanctions police have been reviewing the finances of the Everton Football Club owner, Farhad Moshiri, the Guardian understands.

Moshiri appears to have become a person of interest to the Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation (OFSI) because of his links to Alisher Usmanov, the Russian-Uzbek billionaire who was sanctioned by the UK, the EU and the US after last year’s invasion of Ukraine.

3 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

That makes me nervous but also very optimistic! 

I'm very much supportive of change but I'm so worried about another big money investment after Moshiri. Those initial transfer windows, the dross we threw money at... We won't survive that again.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm very much supportive of change but I'm so worried about another big money investment after Moshiri. Those initial transfer windows, the dross we threw money at... We won't survive that again.

Hopefully with Moshiri out of the way (and potentially Kenwright) we can let our DOF do his job. The second sentence of the tweet gives me joy for now. 

I don't think this changes as much as people hope....at least in the short term.

I think it gives us new board (excellent, this is the main thing), cash flow for stadium (which Moshri didn't want to/couldn't afford to provide) and possibly less debt.

But in terms of FFP or Summer Budget, I'm not sure it changes that much. 

6 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I don't think this changes as much as people hope....at least in the short term.

I think it gives us new board (excellent, this is the main thing), cash flow for stadium (which Moshri didn't want to/couldn't afford to provide) and possibly less debt.

TBH, my expectation going into the summer was that we wouldn't have a lot to spend on transfers any way, so if the above changes you mention come to fruition then I'll be ecstatic. We desperately need a change of leadership at the top. 

16 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Be sure, it changes nothing on that score. 

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Have to wonder if the, hopefully, imminent change is why Coady buy clause hasn't been triggered. 

I think it’s because we were waiting on the 1.7 million to come through for Niels, then we low ball Wolves with that money for Coady & can play Keane uptop. 2 birds 1 stone, Everton that.

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh that's very sad really 

In which way?

I think it’s sad in the sense that thousands of fans were losing sleep and feeling very angry that the people running our club had us without key players for the majority of the season.  Now gaff we are safe for another year the urge to drive change has dropped.

no doubt bills bots will be claiming a moral victory on twitter. 

43 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

In which way?

I think it’s sad in the sense that thousands of fans were losing sleep and feeling very angry that the people running our club had us without key players for the majority of the season.  Now gaff we are safe for another year the urge to drive change has dropped.

no doubt bills bots will be claiming a moral victory on twitter. 

In that so few are there. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

My brother was there, seen some say 200-300. I’m not sure based on that clip, will ask him. 

If change isn’t forthcoming I think it will gather momentum. Many fans are literally burnt out with it. 

I think the low(ish) numbers are that most fans believe change is imminent based on the rumours and fact the board have put themselves in an untenable position. Also, some others don’t live close and others are finally getting a Saturday football break they and their families deserve. 

Interesting YouTube vid I saw with @TheEsk being interviewed on a range of topics.

some of this may already be known/assumed by others but seems our issue is cash flow. Moshri can't get financing from US Banks because he is a "person of interest" in connection with Usmanov (so not sanctioned himself but under investigation). Same goes for UK banks. Cash flow is an issue for stadium payments but also running the club in the summer (wages without income). Transfers will be difficult not just due to FFP but cash flow depending on how the payments are structured - so we might need to be selective in who we buy (same as last year).

the deal with MSP have is pivoting to Moshri having his shares diluted to 49% or less, so that in the rare event that he is also subject to sanctions then it doesn't impact the club. 

who knows how much of that is true but food for thought for sure.