IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

OK Palfy. Let's assign the executive roles.

Nominal chairman of the board: Louis

CEO: Prediction game winner (new appointment each year)

COO: Prediction game runner-up (new appointment each year)

CFO: Newty

CMO: Matt

Public relations: MikeO

Head of HR: SteveO

Head of strategy: c1982

Hobnobbing with "in the knows": Hafnia

International relations: Boston Toffee

Wizened head of reason: Palfy

Executive without portfolio: Cornish Steve

Now there's a winning team

I'd have Romey as public relations and HR to save money.

20 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Surely MikeO has to be in legal...dotting the I's, crossing the T's and correcting the.....well everything 😂

@Hafnia for legal for me. If I ever needed to pick someone on here to argue on behalf he’s the first guy I’m calling! (This is meant as compliment Haf)

On 11/05/2024 at 18:37, Cornish Steve said:

What should be your role, then? Executive wielding a big pointy stick?

I make some really nice spreadsheets. So find me a role to do with that. The staff who work for me think I’m a good boss, I suspect it’s because I always buy the drinks when we go out. 
So I’ll be chief drinks buyer and spreadsheet maker. 

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

I make some really nice spreadsheets. So find me a role to do with that. The staff who work for me think I’m a good boss, I suspect it’s because I always buy the drinks when we go out. 
So I’ll be chief drinks buyer and spreadsheet maker. 

Put the kettle on white and one sugar please coffee no tea.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

True story. Decades ago, I attended a meeting with a company founded by an entrepreneur named Andrew Ory. His company was based on an operating system he'd named Oryx (an alternative to Unix). We were meeting with four VPs of the company, and we were all wearing suits. During the meeting, in walked a scruffy individual, in jeans and T-shirt, with a tray with teapot, cups, and saucers. He poured us all tea but, to my surprise, stayed in the room. At the next break, since I try never to overlook anyone, I went up to him, introduced myself, and thanked him for the tea. He shook my hand and introduced himself as Andrew Ory, founder and owner of the company - and principal tea maker. You're never too important to make tea - as Earl Grey proved.

That’s a cool story.  But I’m still not making you a brew, Steve. 😂

21 hours ago, StevO said:

Oh no, I’ve been way too important to make the tea for a long time now.

You’re never to important mate you know that better than anyone, I make tea and coffee at work mostly as an excuse to have one myself. I even made the VAT inspector one today and I bought him an egg sausage and bacon roll from the cafe next to our office. He still walked out by given us bill for £1300 and something, I’m happy with that and he feels like he’s done his job good result all round. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

You’re never to important mate you know that better than anyone, I make tea and coffee at work mostly as an excuse to have one myself. I even made the VAT inspector one today and I bought him an egg sausage and bacon roll from the cafe next to our office. He still walked out by given us bill for £1300 and something, I’m happy with that and he feels like he’s done his job good result all round. 

I make tea and coffee at work now. But I mostly work from home, if I don’t do it I’ll be thirsty. 

Until two years ago I had apprentices in my teams for the previous 13 years. Tea is their job. 

When I ran the family business, I made the tea for everyone on site. 

But fuck me, a tongue in cheek comment. Now I’m explaining the gag. 

FFS Moshiri, just sell the damn club to people with actual money, who will run us properly.

777 are like a team of hustlers playing the "Three Cup and ball" game, here's  the takeover money, Opps now its gone. Standard here's the money for wages Opps its gone. 

Premier League washing their hands of the whole affair, sooner they have a proper commission to replace them the better.

So there's still time for 777 to borrow money they don't have, get the shares, put the club into administration, sell every asset that can be sold, and spend the rest of their lives peacefully on a sunny island. Sounds great.