IGNORED

Gareth Barry

Awww. Sad to see his name moved to the 'General....' list.

Good luck to him. Served us well. Came on strong last season when needed. Proper pro...lives the long life and keeps out the spotlight.

He did give too many free kicks away around the penalty box though!

We've moved on. He wasn't going to get much game time. He'll do a good at WBA.

Why's he going after the season starts and no replacement brought in already. Fletcher would have been a perfect stop gap on a free. The feck is Walsh getting paid for?

Gana, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Davies, Klaassen, Besic. I also suspect someone like Baningime may be around the squad at some point this season.

Now I'm a big fan of Barry but I think we've got adequate cover there. I suspect the move was as much about Koeman's respect for Barry as much as anything else. I don't actually think we need further cover in the deeper midfield role. Fletcher is an excellent signing for Stoke - I don't think he would have added anything here on the pitch.

Gana, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Davies, Klaassen, Besic. I also suspect someone like Baningime may be around the squad at some point this season.

Now I'm a big fan of Barry but I think we've got adequate cover there. I suspect the move was as much about Koeman's respect for Barry as much as anything else. I don't actually think we need further cover in the deeper midfield role. Fletcher is an excellent signing for Stoke - I don't think he would have added anything here on the pitch.

Only Schneiderlin plays in the sitting role, and for me Barry should start over him unless the opposition is full of pacey players.

Best preformed last season was with Barry and Davies in the middle against City. Koeman's midfielder preferences worry me. Doesn't seem to value intelligence. Romeu, Wanyama, and Gueye lack football brains.

Fletcher was head and shoulders above our two last week. Breaks up play and gets the ball forward. On top of that he's a leader/winner. I'm not looking forward to watching Schneiderlin and Gana all season.

Only Schneiderlin plays in the sitting role, and for me Barry should start over him unless the opposition is full of pacey players.

Best preformed last season was with Barry and Davies in the middle against City. Koeman's midfielder preferences worry me. Doesn't seem to value intelligence. Romeu, Wanyama, and Gueye lack football brains.

Fletcher was head and shoulders above our two last week. Breaks up play and gets the ball forward. On top of that he's a leader/winner. I'm not looking forward to watching Schneiderlin and Gana all season.

what drugs are you on? .....can I have some.....

I'm not impressed with Koeman. Barry had Schneiderlin beat for everything bar pace. Big loss on and off the pitch.

Why's he going after the season starts and no replacement brought in already. Fletcher would have been a perfect stop gap on a free. The feck is Walsh getting paid for?

He was offered a new contract and wanted to go. Out of respect for who he is and what he's done for us we granted his wish. You're creating a problem out of nothing.

Its the perfect time for Barry to say goodbye - he probably has one last season in him as a regular and that wasn't going to be with us given our squad.

Schneiderlin is a better option without doubt - that is not to say Barry isn't worth a place in our squad, he is but he deserves to play football and we are strong enough to let him go.

simple as that really.

I'm not impressed with Koeman. Barry had Schneiderlin beat for everything bar pace. Big loss on and off the pitch.

You daft sausage.

He was offered a new contract and wanted to go. Out of respect for who he is and what he's done for us we granted his wish. You're creating a problem out of nothing.

I understand why the club let him go, but don't see why the manager didn't make me out an effort and reassure him he'd be more than a back up. You only have to look at Schneiderlin's performance last week to see there is still a place for Barry.

I understand why the club let him go, but don't see why the manager didn't make me out an effort and reassure him he'd be more than a back up. You only have to look at Schneiderlin's performance last week to see there is still a place for Barry.

It's not all about you Pete.

Never had a problem with you before pete0 but for fucks sake why would Koeman offer you more than the dog shit off his brother's shoes?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, rubecula said:

If a player with his experience leaves the club in that fashion it indicates there is something about the set up that smells to high heaven.

Yeah, it has absolutely nothing to do with older players naturally playing less games as younger players come in. It definitely means that training at Finch Farm is more akin to being in a concentration camp. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah, it has absolutely nothing to do with older players naturally playing less games as younger players come in. It definitely means that training at Finch Farm is more akin to being in a concentration camp. 

More to do with the manager picking lesser players in front of him.