IGNORED

Gareth Barry

With all of the new players coming in they need to keep people like him for the consistency. It's players like Barry that keep squads together. Any transfer fee or wages saved isn't worth it for me.

completely agree Ste, i think he is great in the dressing room and will be a solid rotation player. you know what you're going to get from him.

• 1 month later...

Absent injuries to at least a couple of our DCMs, Barry will play only occasionally, mostly as late sub when we are protecting lead. So he will understandably be tempted to move elsewhere on, say, a 2-year contract. I think he would still help us win a few matches, so I hope he stays. I wouldn't criticize if he looks elsewhere for one last opportunity at first-team football.

Why are people talking as if he has gone already? :lol: He might want to stay, but wouldn't be grudge him wanting to move, hope he goes on to break the premier league record appearances, whether it be here or else where.

At least if he goes the average age of our squad will drop dramatically!

If he moves, very appreciative of his four years at the club. Class professional and player, and I would love to see him stay as a squad player, but no fan can ever blame a player for leaving in order to get weekly football.

this but I really wanted him to stay

He has a lot of links still in the Midlands area - friends, business interests, no doubt he already has a property, always plays at the Belfry...

Makes sense for him to get the appearance record and no one, including Koeman, will begrudge him that opportunity.

Shouldn't be selling him. Nobody to back up Morgan in that role in the squad and a lot of games to play this year.

Unless he wanted to leave, then fair play to him he will smash the record appearances at wbu

Edited by AidanLewis

Would have loved to see him take the record in a Everton shirt, it would have been posted round the world great kudos for us but sadly doesn't look like it will happen.

He has been a rock for us a true hero, sad to see him go, but it's credit to him that he wouldn't want to sit on the bench and pick his wages up he'd rather earn them.