IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

No chance for footballing reasons but if Mirallas' motivation is money and the bright lights of London then it's possible.

I personally think he'll move abroad unless Chelsea/Man U/Arse come in for him as a cheapish back up option.

His ego alone will stop him going to West Ham, even if they offer him good money. There's no way he'd lower himself to sign for them.

No chance for footballing reasons but if Mirallas' motivation is money and the bright lights of London then it's possible.

I personally think he'll move abroad unless Chelsea/Man U/Arse come in for him as a cheapish back up option.

yeah maybe a German team perhaps, I could only see him going to arsenal or spurs in the prem!

It's not about having favourites it's about identifying talents that can take us to the next level & compete there and wanting to keep them at the club.

Lennon for example is no longer a top 4 player and for me is a down grade on Mirallas. That's a backward step for me.

And you're spot on but the bit you keep missing out is does he want to be here?

If he doesn't want to play for us he can be better than Messi but we have to cut our losses and get rid.

It's pointless keeping an unhappy player and I think he just wants away anyway, he want cl footy and we can't give it him. You can't blame Martinez for that , at least not yet, not like we've qualified every season until he became manager is it..

He wants away MC and while 99% of the board agree with you that we need to keep him if he doesn't want to stay what can you do.

His ego alone will stop him going to West Ham, even if they offer him good money. There's no way he'd lower himself to sign for them.

This.

He want champs league football, no way is he getting it at West Ham. They could double his wages and he'd turn them down. It's crystal clear the lads egotistical.

He needs to be careful though as Wedt Ham may be the only decent offer he gets the way he's carrying on .

It is clear he has derailed - once that happens there is only one outcome, the player needs to go. Players and agents use this as a very cynical way of getting a move, they know managers can not keep an unhappy player. We have seen this before:- Barmby, Lescott, Rooney, All very good players but the club moves on.

We lost a talent like Rooney and brought in a journeyman like bent who did a great job for us in a very united team, that says alot. Not all the time does talent get you everything, you can't win trophies without it but you can destroy a team with a bad attitude

It is clear he has derailed - once that happens there is only one outcome, the player needs to go. Players and agents use this as a very cynical way of getting a move, they know managers can not keep an unhappy player. We have seen this before:- Barmby, Lescott, Rooney, All very good players but the club moves on.

We lost a talent like Rooney and brought in a journeyman like bent who did a great job for us in a very united team, that says alot. Not all the time does talent get you everything, you can't win trophies without it but you can destroy a team with a bad attitude

Yes and it's clear with him healthy and riding the pine week in and out he had a falling out and RM is teaching him a lesson. He can go pair up with eto'o in Europe, be pals again.

yeah not to mention there are 11 on the pitch, he's just one of many. if leo messi played for a league 2 side they would still suck, this isn't basketball, one man can't carry the team.

Everton without Mirallas aren't a better side

Everton should move heaven & earth to keep Mirallas. He is not a lost cause. Good investment in the summer and a change of manger (won't hold my breath) would get him back on our side.

Everton without Mirallas aren't a better side

If they bought Yarmalenko or about 50 other wide players they are.

Get over it MC, the fact you think the club should let a player dictate to them and basically do what he wants absolutely astounds me. He's our most talented player but much MUCH better than him have come and gone.

He's a good winger but noway is he irreplacable. So if the club does do what you say what do we do when Barkley or Lukaku et al do the same? Do we just start letting players run the club?

Seriously stupid statement to make.

Edited by Paddock

If they bought Yarmalenko or about 50 other wide players they are.

Get over it MC, the fact you think the club should let a player dictate to them and basically do what he wants absolutely astounds me. He's our most talented player but much MUCH better than him have come and gone.

He's a good winger but noway is he irreplacable. So if the club does do what you say what do we do when Barkley or Lukaku et al do the same? Do we just start letting players run the club?

Seriously stupid statement to make.

At this point in time Everton are not a better side without Mirallas and until he's replaced like for like that won't change.

At this point in time Everton are not a better side without Mirallas and until he's replaced like for like that won't change.

At this time he doesn't want to play for us, at this time the transfer window is closed so at this time none of it is relevant.

If you seriously think it's acceptable to let players dictate and run the club you've got absolutely no idea how football works.

At this time he doesn't want to play for us, at this time the transfer window is closed so at this time none of it is relevant.

If you seriously think it's acceptable to let players dictate and run the club you've got absolutely no idea how football works.

You're trying to put those words in my mouth. When I haven't said that. What I've said is I can see why he's pissed off and I'd rather Mirallas stayed and if that means Martinez going good riddance. Mirallas will be hard to replace.

We got the points to avoid relegation without Mirallas. He's disposable just like any chairman, manager, player or whoever who think they are above Everton.

We've had players like Dixie Dean, Tommy Lawton, Alex Young, Alan Ball, Neville Southall all come and go but we are expected to bow down to this prick of a player???

Astounding. Threads like this reinforces the need to read a book on the history of Everton Football Club.

Let's get it right, he's not there to challenge the manager, if he was managed by Harry Bassett it's his job to fucking play for the shirt.

Edited by Hafnia

Mirallas out, and use the funds to buy Deulofeu. Younger player, knows the team, respects the manager, and even MC said earlier in this thread he can be better than Mirallas. A win-win all round, I'd say.

I would NOT argue against that. My stance on Deulofeu is he's as good with the potential to be better than Mirallas

Mirallas out, and use the funds to buy Deulofeu. Younger player, knows the team, respects the manager, and even MC said earlier in this thread he can be better than Mirallas. A win-win all round, I'd say.

Had the same thoughts myself. Also lowers the average age of the team and adds another to our pool of young talents that can hopefully grow together.

I find it hard it hard to take how its ended with kev. I do feel it has been poorly managed. I think the best way to take the club forward now is to lose the Belgium connection. Kev an Rom go. If we get between 50-60 mil and reinvest, I can see this being a positive step. Along with getting rid if some other dead wood.

Ronald koeman had no choice at saints but to sell top players, top players who no longer wanted to wear the shirt. They didn't end up too bad.

Edited by Brett Angel

To be fair at this point in time we a more effective team without him.

We have picked up nine points from three matches.

I am in no way saying it's because he is not playing, but it could be because there is more unity without him.

Would still like him to turn it around but I don't think it would be a massive loss if he left.

Is there any credible information that Mirallas has actually challenged Martinez? Or is this just speculation? Not even media driven though? I've yet to read one article saying Mirallas and Martinez have fell out.

Is there any credible information theu have fell out or that the manager is mismanaging him?

There is visible evidence that millions saw of him going against the manager and teammates and messing it up.

This is where it's now up to the man to stand up and take responsibility and prove himself.

I think the best way to take the club forward now is to lose the Belgium connection. Kev an Rom go. If we get between 50-60 mil and reinvest, I can see this being a positive step. Along with getting rid if some other dead wood.

Ronald koeman had no choice at saints but to sell top players, top players who no longer wanted to wear the shirt. They didn't end up too bad.

We'd be lucky to get £10m for Mirallas.

The credibility of Mirallas fall out is in line with that of the fallout with Eto... was there officially a fallout? No. Does this mean there wasn't a fallout? No. Does the sequence of events point to a fallout? Absolutely.

Everything "heard" about Eto was certainly backed by the following actions - we got rid of a very capable player at an expense - thats says he was trouble. The other things that were said was that Mirallas was his little puppy dog, he did what his master told him.. The master went and Mirallas tried a little bit of rebellion and it bit him - with no master left he is an isolated figure who will be on his way out the club IMO.

A pity - a very good player when he decides to be. Unfortunately "decide" is not acceptable.