IGNORED

A Champions League spot is still a real possibility

Scrub most of what I said above...I thought Newcastle were at home. Cant see Newcastle beating Arsenal at The Emirates.

So, I am getting my head into 5th and the Europa.

5th still isn't certain I think we will finish there but we still need at least 3 points from the next two games to guarantee it because Tottenham are only three points behind us and they have two easier games but they have a worse goal difference. I think we should finish 5th but if we do an Everton in our last two games and only get a point and tottenham win both of their games again West Ham and Villa does 6th still qualify for europa?

was a great run for 4th, best points total ever, i can't complain one bit. made up for 5th and europa, very excited and feel it's where we belong. if we win we get champs league, and i think it's a great route to go.

now we just need to hold off spurs and man u.

:rofl:

We have 2 matches left, one against man city which might be a loss. Hull is a tough side and jela will want revenge.

Man U have 4 matches left and are winning 1 of them right now. If we lose one draw one and they win 4, were out.

Not so funny, we need to draw man city and beat hull.

Im only having banter! I feel like we will finish ahead on them

We have 2 matches left, one against man city which might be a loss. Hull is a tough side and jela will want revenge.

Man U have 4 matches left and are winning 1 of them right now. If we lose one draw one and they win 4, were out.

Not so funny, we need to draw man city and beat hull.

Actually all we need is a point and we'll finish ahead of Man U :)

Quite worried about where the goals are going to come from next season tbh.

In what way? We have 57 league goals, lukaku only has 13 of them. The rest are quite well spread out.

I'd be confident that whoever spearheads the attack will bang in goals, because the chances are being created. And will be created more so next season.

In what way? We have 57 league goals, lukaku only has 13 of them. The rest are quite well spread out.

I'd be confident that whoever spearheads the attack will bang in goals, because the chances are being created. And will be created more so next season.

I'm just not confident in our striking options for next season. I understand what you're saying about us spreading the goals around the team but you need your strikers to get the bulk of your goals if you want to achieve things. Not having a 20+ goal striker has been something we've craved for a long time because we know that's what's needed to push us on.

I'm just not confident in our striking options for next season. I understand what you're saying about us spreading the goals around the team but you need your strikers to get the bulk of your goals if you want to achieve things. Not having a 20+ goal striker has been something we've craved for a long time because we know that's what's needed to push us on.

Yeah, I agree. A 20 goal a season striker would make a big difference. Not sure Lukaku can give us that.

But I guess if we keep it tight at the back, with goals coming from various positions, we could push on? It's as useful having a goalscoring team as it is a single goalscoring player?

Yeah, I agree. A 20 goal a season striker would make a big difference. Not sure Lukaku can give us that.

But I guess if we keep it tight at the back, with goals coming from various positions, we could push on? It's as useful having a goalscoring team as it is a single goalscoring player?

I'm not sure Lukaku can either, but we do need a striker who will do that, IMO.

We've been in that situation before though and fell short, and it pretty much everyone agreed that the missing piece is a striker capable of scoring 20+ goals. The problem has always been having the money to go and buy that striker.

Martinez says he wants four strikers next season - Kone and Naismith and two definites, Traore is looking like being the third. Being generous those three are average strikers, so I hope Martinez has someone very good lined up as the fourth. I don't rate Kone in the slightest, Traore doesn't fill me with hope and Naismith I'd say is the best of the three. That's why I'm worried.

To be honest I'd sooner have Kone than lukaku, I'm not joking either.

I said it from the start that his touch and control looked suspect, throw into the mix that he disengages when things aren't going his way and you have a £20m Victor anichebe. Yeah he throws in the odd performance where you sit up and think "potentially brilliant", but didn't we think that about Vic?

Mourinho isn't an idiot, he knew lukaku wasn't going to be the striker he needs, and he knows he needs a big signing. Let arsenal blow millions on lukaku, if we could get demba ba for £6m I'd be happier.

I'm not sure Lukaku can either, but we do need a striker who will do that, IMO.

We've been in that situation before though and fell short, and it pretty much everyone agreed that the missing piece is a striker capable of scoring 20+ goals. The problem has always been having the money to go and buy that striker.

Martinez says he wants four strikers next season - Kone and Naismith and two definites, Traore is looking like being the third. Being generous those three are average strikers, so I hope Martinez has someone very good lined up as the fourth. I don't rate Kone in the slightest, Traore doesn't fill me with hope and Naismith I'd say is the best of the three. That's why I'm worried.

Just gonna throw this out there and see where it goes...

I previously have agreed that a 20 goal a season striker will whack us into the top 4. However, I am changing my view a little!

Only one team so far this season has 20+goal strikers...Liverpool (suarez & sturridge). That may change and Utd with Rooney and city with Aguero may join. So 3 teams.

Last season, only 3 teams had a 20+goal striker,utd (van persie) city (aguero) and pool (suarez).

Season before...3 teams...city (aguero), arsenal (van persie), utd (rooney).

So these 20+ goal strikers are rare...The same few names crop up.

So I'm thinking that the way football is played now, with 1 main striker and 3 mids just behind...is it not more important to get those mids right? Maybe we over emphasise the importance of that striker, hence they cost so much. Spain won the euros without a striker? The game has changed???

I previously have agreed that a 20 goal a season striker will whack us into the top 4. However, I am changing my view a little!

Only one team so far this season has 20+goal strikers...Liverpool (suarez & sturridge). That may change and Utd with Rooney and city with Aguero may join. So 3 teams.

Last season, only 3 teams had a 20+goal striker,utd (van persie) city (aguero) and pool (suarez).

So I'm thinking that the way football is played now, with 1 main striker and 3 mids just behind...is it not more important to get those mids right? Maybe we over emphasise the importance of that striker, hence they cost so much. Spain won the euros without a striker? The game has changed???

I hope you're right because we could really do with spreading our signings around the side rather than make one big signing!

I hope you're right because we could really do with spreading our signings around the side rather than make one big signing!

That's my favoured option the more I think about it. Put more emphasis on the midfield. It's our majority position. I don't want us to see 15-20mill whacked on one player.

Plus, like half said, I still think Kone can do a job. I reckon he will get 10-15 a season for us...so another one to match that maybe?

That's my favoured option the more I think about it. Put more emphasis on the midfield. It's our majority position. I don't want us to see 15-20mill whacked on one player.

Plus, like half said, I still think Kone can do a job. I reckon he will get 10-15 a season for us...so another one to match that maybe?

We need creativity and speed in the centre of the park. We've got it out wide in abundance now but nothing to speak of in the centre.

I'll be very surprised if Kone gets that amount after another serious knee injury, coupled with him more than likely going to the ACON next season, and then only having another year on his contract after that and him already being in his 30's. A young striker is a must this summer I reckon, but not so young that they can't come in and grab a few goals. It's a delicate situation up front for us this summer, I don't envy Martinez one bit.

They are rare but the 3 teams who qualified for the champions league had those 20+ strikers. If you've got one of them in your teams You're going to be there or there about. If we had one this season. We'd be comfortably in the top 4 now. Lukaku is not a 20 goal a season striker.

We need to spend big up front and wisely. Either two £10-£15m strikers or one £25m striker.

Edited by MiguelCotto

The most annoying thing is the work permit issue here. Top class South American strikers end up on the hands of Portuguese and a like clubs because of it. They then go for big money!

Jackson Martinez cost Porto 5m euro

Falcao cost Porto 6m euro

Edited by MiguelCotto

So the shite have lost to Chelsea and City are on to beat palace.

If Arsenal lose tomorrow to keep us in contention, would you rather we beat City next week and Liverpool win the league, or lose and City win it?

Not a nice question but be honest here!