IGNORED

A Champions League spot is still a real possibility

I think if we deserved fourth we would have put palace to the sword.

I agree but we can still do it. Watching the shite and they way have improved over 12 months I think we can challenge next season. If its champs league bring it on if its the Europa play the kids.

How can anyone give up now?

We're fighting for fourth against Arsenal.

Man City are coming here to be involved in a real battle, they should be fearing us as we're gonna end their season.

Let see if Arsenal have the stomach for a fight, because you can be Damn sure we do!

Can't see arsenal slipping up at Newcastle they are truly shite at the moment, west Brom at home should be fine for them, Norwich could quite possibly be fighting for survival on the last day, that's the one we've got to pin our hopes on them losing and with the FA cup as well?! Just got to win all ours and hope someone does us a favour.

Can't see arsenal slipping up at Newcastle they are truly shite at the moment, west Brom at home should be fine for them, Norwich could quite possibly be fighting for survival on the last day, that's the one we've got to pin our hopes on them losing and with the FA cup as well?! Just got to win all ours and hope someone does us a favour.

I agree that Newcastle have been useless over the last few weeks, but they have their moments. There's a chance they could pull off a surprise.

I keep coming on this thread for reassurance that we will get 4th... Can't believe how worried I am about it. Would have never thought at the start of the season that is how I would feel.

If you really think about it, we have already pretty much secured European football which is already above out expectations earlier.

All I want now is for our team to give Arsenal a run for their money and that will make me even prouder to be a blue.

So excited for this summer and next season, should be very exciting

If Liverpool beat Chelsea this weekend then the title is pretty much theirs, so we could face a very dejected Man City with nothing left to play for. So for me, strangely, i'll be hoping the shite can beat Chelsea.

We have to win our three games, then hope for a slip up from Arsenal. Its not over just yet.

If Liverpool beat Chelsea this weekend then the title is pretty much theirs, so we could face a very dejected Man City with nothing left to play for. So for me, strangely, i'll be hoping the shite can beat Chelsea.

We have to win our three games, then hope for a slip up from Arsenal. Its not over just yet.

Ive already accepted that Liverpool will win, so will be routing for them too. If City and Chelsea do sulk, might be able to catch them too ;)

Guest rusty747

I think it does as Man City will qualify for Champions League via their league place and the Europa Cup as Capital Cup winners. They can't play in both so that means sixth gets Europa Cup .... I think.

Edited by rusty747

That would put us on 70. Tottenham could still get 72 if they win their last 3. Does 6th now qualify for Europa?

want to take this one mike? ;)

I think it does as Man City will qualify for Champions League via their league place and the Europa Cup as Capital Cup winners. They can't play in both so that means sixth gets Europa Cup .... I think.

Good lord.

I'm not too arsed about europa really... I think it will be valuable for RM to field the fringe players, the league and top 4 has to be priority.

I dare say Liverpool would be not be running for the league if they were in Europa.

I'm inclined to agree, besides the fact that I'm actually excited about Europe. I with you in thinking that fringe players should be given opportunites in Europa. I believe our fringe players are still just as good as most teams that will be competing.

If we make further in the competition --when games are more spaced out -- we could start fielding more reliable players.

I also think Liverpool wouldn't be where they are now if they had been in the Europa League. They are similar to us in that they don't have a lot of squad depth to depend on.

I really don't understand how people can be so blasé about the Europa League. It doesn't bring in the money the Champions League does, but it's still a major honour that could raise the club's profile worldwide a lot more than an FA Cup win would and the travelling can be a lot of fun for the fans.

Hallelujah!

I'm inclined to agree, besides the fact that I'm actually excited about Europe. I with you in thinking that fringe players should be given opportunites in Europa. I believe our fringe players are still just as good as most teams that will be competing.

If we make further in the competition --when games are more spaced out -- we could start fielding more reliable players.

I also think Liverpool wouldn't be where they are now if they had been in the Europa League. They are similar to us in that they don't have a lot of squad depth to depend on.

I think you are underestimating how important it is to have a squad that plays together all the time, like most of the teams that compete in the Europa do. We stress how important it is to have a constant CB pair, now imagine having 8-9 new players playing. Look at what happened to us against Fulham in the League Cup. Couple changes can unsettle a squad.

Having said that, I don't know what the answer is. We don't have enough squad depth for a solid Europa run, but that can change over the summer :)

Having said that, I don't know what the answer is. We don't have enough squad depth for a solid Europa run, but that can change over the summer :)

This is going to be very evident in our upcoming game against city. Distin and Jagielka will be out, leaving us Alcaraz and Stones as centre backs. Mirallas is now out, so McGeady or Deulofeu will need to step in. The real problem, though, will be filling the gap caused by Barry's absence.

This is going to be very evident in our upcoming game against city. Distin and Jagielka will be out, leaving us Alcaraz and Stones as centre backs. Mirallas is now out, so McGeady or Deulofeu will need to step in. The real problem, though, will be filling the gap caused by Barry's absence.

What's the status on Pienaar, is he going to play again before the season's over? Looks like Osman will have to step in and Barkley's going to have to shake off that bad game and step up against Southampton to gain some confidence. We're going to need him.

So...

So, the question was answered.

What's the status on Pienaar, is he going to play again before the season's over? Looks like Osman will have to step in and Barkley's going to have to shake off that bad game and step up against Southampton to gain some confidence. We're going to need him.

He's unlikely to play again this season.