IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

I don't agree with haf's opinions on Lukaku but there's no need for that.

You actually said you hope cleverly gets booed every time he touches the ball against Norwich. I'm sorry but that's a comment that deserves the phrase "dick head".

Maybe you should try structuring posts....

Not once have I ever said boo an Everton player nor do I condone it. You will struggle to find anyone on here that will support that view.

Edited by Hafnia

A good all rounder, or just not that good at anything in particular?

A bit like a John oshea maybe.... the type of player who is focused on the team who will come in and cover any one of 3 positions.

The type of player all teams need on the bench.

People have short memories... Anyone recall his performances up till Eric dier crocking him?

Edited by Hafnia

A bit like a John oshea maybe.... the type of player who is focused on the team who will come in and cover any one of 3 positions.

The type of player all teams need on the bench.

People have short memories... Anyone recall his performances up till Eric dier crocking him?

Exactly the 7/10 players who will come in and do a job for the team.

If we would have started two out and out wingers so would they. The difference is were at home, they're not. Cleverly, for me, isn't a premier league player, certainly not an everton player and should be moved on.

Oviedo is a defender, trust in to defend and instruct your wingers to track back and help him, he's a big boy and should be accomplished in the league after being in it for so long, if he isn't then why hasn't he been replaced?

Koeman is starting to look less up to the job as the games go by. 2 losses and a draw against lesser opponents consecutively is piss poor and the line up today showed he'd be happy with a point.

More to the point the sooner Barkley and Cleverly get the drop the better.

He slows everything down. Doesn't matter where on the field he receives it, or how close an opposition player is, he will slow the play right down.

I don't think he played badly really, but he's such a nothing player. He's not particularly good at anything. He's a decent squad player but he shouldn't be starting games.

Whats Koeman doing playing Barry Gana and Cleverley together it doesn't work none of them are game changing midfielders with tricks or vision there just ball winners who at best lay it off the problem is there's nobody around them who they can give it to so we end up with all this square or back passing which then results in negative football I personally don't blame Cleverley it lies solely with the manager he needs to go with 2 out of the 3 and stop pissing about with the line up every game

He slows everything down. Doesn't matter where on the field he receives it, or how close an opposition player is, he will slow the play right down.

I don't think he played badly really, but he's such a nothing player. He's not particularly good at anything. He's a decent squad player but he shouldn't be starting games.

Hadn't even read this when I posted in the match thread but this is what I was trying to get at.

• 2 months later...

I don't dislike the lad and I do think he's better (when fit) then some make him out to be, but at this level or for us to push on he's simply not good enough

The Newcastle move would be great for him, less spotlight less expectation and he would likely tick over well in the middle for them

Definitely one of many that needs upgrading

I have been quite disappointed with Cleverley. I though he was a shrewd signing having played so well under Martinez earlier but he has never really kicked off. He seems to have goals in him but still he never produces. And he has good technical ability, but he never seems to do anything productive with it.

Absolutely shite.

Who said football fans were fickle?

He was absolutely brilliant. What stuck out for me was his tackling he made some brilliant interceptions.

Hes Osmans replacement for me. Except much better at that age. Osman became a better player around 28/29. I rate this lad highly now. Does his job quietly.