IGNORED

Lukaku

You know that feeling you get when you have been away for a while and return home. The warm glow you get when you drive up your street and see all the familiar signs and everything is right with the world. Well I felt like that when I logged in this morning and saw that Haf had posted on the Lukaku thread. :rofl:

what will we do if he does move? can we at least keep one of the threads open?

Wow this all happened very fast. Very astute Haf I have to give you props, when he wasn't let back to training you knew he was off, and so he is.

To be honest I'm a bit sad, I really liked romelu and hope we'd get another season with him. I really hope we get quality replacements.

Nothing's happened Mark.

Nothing's happened Mark.

Yes you're right. I meant the rumoured came out of nowhere. He was saying I want off, euros came and no rumour, training starts no rumours, then it's no training for you and all of a sudden it's Chelsea or atletico. Coincidence? I think there's something brewing hence leaving him out of training.

• 2 weeks later...

If they are adding a player to make up £10m we should be demanding Begovic.

Remy excites me as much as Kone - would have liked him in the past but he's been bit part for too long. There's better and 'hungrier' out there. If we were to have an attacking player then I'd have Traore - top prospect who could actually improve us.

If Lukaku leaves we will need to strikers and Remy is at least good enough for one of those two.

He's more prolific than Kone, who gets a lot of stick but I think could have been a decent signing if he didn't get injured so soon into his Everton career.

It will give us some time to find the Lukaku replacement, ideally someone that can hold the ball up and bring others into play more.

65 mil is a good offer for Lukaku. 65 mil plus Remy is an excellent offer.

If Chelsea are seriously offering 65 million straight up then what an offer! You look at Suarez to Barcelona, that was 75 million and Suarez was consistent the whole time. Lukaku has his off days and can be brilliant one day then rubbish another, this could be down to age but if Chelsea are seriously offering that much then YES! Even without Remy - YES!

£65m for a player who can't be bothered quite often - and in all seriousness fluffs his lines when the stakes are high? let alone the fact that he is a technically poor player.... make this happen. I'm surprised clubs are interested in him after the high profile Euros and the FA Cup semi.....

If we get Remy on top of that? wow!

£65m is a good deal, but it adds a chunk onto whoever we go for after that. Get a decent player thrown into the mix (I'd go for Begovic over Remy) and that deal becomes almost impossible to turn down... As long as that is obviously what is offered and not some more fiction from the papers.

£55/60m and throw Begovic and Traore into the mix and I'd snap their hands off

Both need first team football and are very unlikely to get it at that graveyard especially Traore who as C says is a great prospect and could do a job for us from the off and Begovic is a no brainier

Edited by EFC-Paul

I've got a feeling he won't go.

Lukaku touts for a transfer all the time but if we say no then he'll get on with it.

I think 60m is very tempting and a great deal for us in terms of profit on the purchase but would we get someone who could do as good a job and hit the ground running?

Sure there's lots of players around who have been bought for much less who have scored plenty for various teams but it's often a bit of a punt.

Depending on how much he wants to leave I'd still be keen to to keep him as I think he will fit into Koeman's style well.

^^ I was shot down on here for suggesting it earlier, but I'd love to see a Zouma/Mangala centre back pairing. I think together, with the right coaching (which Koeman could give them) they would be a formidable centre back pair for a decade at least.

Edited by Isaiah