IGNORED

Kieran Dowell

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The lad is inconsistent and isn’t ready. If I’d been bigging up Sigurdsson then I’d get you throwing his name about, but I haven’t so it’s irrelevant. 

If he’d stayed here he wouldn’t have even played. He’d have been stuck in the U23s and he’d not be developing at all. 

Apart from two long-range goals there was nothing in his general play during pre-season to suggest he was anywhere near ready to play PL football week in, week out. And week in, week out is what he needs right now and what he’s getting. He looked every inch a boy but he’ll come back a little closer to being a man. 

I'm quite happy he's playing week in, week out for Forest this season. But my opinion is that 9 goals and 4 assists in 27 games for a struggling side is enough to have earned him a chance to prove if he can do it in a blue shirt or not. He's stepped up to first team football in the Championship, after this season why not see if he can do it in the Prem? 

I also have to say I think those Hitc articles are complete bullshit. We all know from this forum how certain fans develop an agenda with certain players. Where are the stories about fans' taking to Twitter after he's scored a screamer?

And Shukes - since when can we not refer to or make comparisons to different players in a particular thread? You know the point I'm making, if Dowell is inconsistent then so is the rest of our first team squad, it's hardly a strong argument to say he's not ready to play for Everton right now. 

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'm quite happy he's playing week in, week out for Forest this season. But my opinion is that 9 goals and 4 assists in 27 games for a struggling side is enough to have earned him a chance to prove if he can do it in a blue shirt or not. He's stepped up to first team football in the Championship, after this season why not see if he can do it in the Prem? 

I also have to say I think those Hitc articles are complete bullshit. We all know from this forum how certain fans develop an agenda with certain players. Where are the stories about fans' taking to Twitter after he's scored a screamer?

And Shukes - since when can we not refer to or make comparisons to different players in a particular thread? You know the point I'm making, if Dowell is inconsistent then so is the rest of our first team squad, it's hardly a strong argument to say he's not ready to play for Everton right now. 

I’m sure he’ll be given his chance during pre-season (and maybe until January) to stake his claim here. He’s earned that due to this loan move. I hope he does enough to stay here and plays but I’m not convinced he’d offer enough yet to play for us regularly, and that another loan move would be more beneficial to him to iron out the kinks in his game. 

No your right Nogs. It’s ok to make comparisons. 

My point is more that I made my call by watching the player and not the stats. Look back through the thread and you’ll see I mentioned several times that he makes too many mistakes, and that while he can run forward and knock in a screamer, he struggles with simple ten yard passes. 

Even when some on here said he had a good game, I mentioned the mistakes.

Dont think I’m saying he is t good enough, because I’m not. I think he has a good future ahead of him. I just feel he needs one more season at a decent standard to really knuckle down and learn. Even if it’s here next year, I’m fine with that. Just feel he would benefit more somewhere else.

except dowell hasn't been that bad, he's been a worldie sometimes for them and then they get pissed when he's not.  he's on loan to them for a reason they need to get off their high horse and enjoy him because he could be at one of the top championship lower prem sides next year while they pine away mid/lower table.  what next they expecting neymar to come in?  FFS

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Karanka is an extremely negative manager, so if Dowell is viewed as a luxury player by him he’ll not see much playing time between now and the end of the season. Which would be bad for us. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Had some alarms raised reading an article on Dowell.

Maybe the reason our youth players are not making the step up is the coaching there receiving on lack thereof on the tactical side of the game.

We did see Unsworth get found out tactically when stepping up to the PL. Perhaps his lack of knowledge is showing in what’s is been imparted on the young players as well?

Speaking to Everton TV Dowell said

“That was the plan when I went out on loan – to get that experience under my belt and bring that back to Everton and use it to push into the first team.

“It was my first experience of proper football. I played 40-odd games last season and off the pitch I grew up a lot living on my own. Every week, I had that need to win.

“I learned about changing the way you play depending on how the game is going. If you are winning 1-0, you are less likely to try stuff – you try to keep hold of the ball instead.”

8 hours ago, DavisJD said:

Had some alarms raised reading an article on Dowell.

Maybe the reason our youth players are not making the step up is the coaching there receiving on lack thereof on the tactical side of the game.

We did see Unsworth get found out tactically when stepping up to the PL. Perhaps his lack of knowledge is showing in what’s is been imparted on the young players as well?

Speaking to Everton TV Dowell said

“That was the plan when I went out on loan – to get that experience under my belt and bring that back to Everton and use it to push into the first team.

“It was my first experience of proper football. I played 40-odd games last season and off the pitch I grew up a lot living on my own. Every week, I had that need to win.

“I learned about changing the way you play depending on how the game is going. If you are winning 1-0, you are less likely to try stuff – you try to keep hold of the ball instead.”

Don’t worry.

Thats just standard fo any youth player for any team in the world. There’s a huge difference to playing professional football than reserve football. 

39 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Don’t worry.

Thats just standard fo any youth player for any team in the world. There’s a huge difference to playing professional football than reserve football. 

Exactly. At that level players come and go on loan and first teamers drop in and out of games so you dont even know you will play against each week so its hard to be too tactical. Unsy sets his team to play his way and to not fear the opposition. Which is a good attitude to have... when its working!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-must-find-solution-kieran-15231422

As I've said all along, it was a huge mistake not getting him a loan move.

According to some being around the squad and having Premier League coaches around them then the odd cameo appearance is more beneficial than a loan..... 🤯

The same goes for DCL neither are ready for this level 

Dowell has to show he is good enough to get more minutes. He went on loan and did well but if he wants to play with the big boys he needs to put the work in on the training ground and force his way into the side. Otherwise he will forever be on the loan merry go round until he inevitably gets released. 

As with DCL he is our top scoring striker and he started the last 2 league games and will probably do the same at the weekend.