IGNORED

Kieran Dowell

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Dowell has to show he is good enough to get more minutes. He went on loan and did well but if he wants to play with the big boys he needs to put the work in on the training ground and force his way into the side. Otherwise he will forever be on the loan merry go round until he inevitably gets released. 

As with DCL he is our top scoring striker and he started the last 2 league games and will probably do the same at the weekend. 

How can he show he's currently good enough if he simply isn'tt ...

He will only get marginally better here through training he needs competitive minutes under his belt it's how every footballer develops even the manager has just stated he needs to play 

I'm not bashing DCL he has some decent attributes but the key ones he lacks in and one goal in the Prem and two against a side tipped for relegation in the Championship is hardly anything to counter with 

On 04/10/2018 at 18:38, EFC-Paul said:

How can he show he's currently good enough if he simply isn'ttt ...

He will only get marginally better here through training he needs competitive minutes under his belt it's how every footballer develops even the manager has just stated he needs to play 

I'm not bashing DCL he has some decent attributes but the key ones he lacks in and one goal in the Prem and two against a side tipped for relegation in the Championship is hardly anything to counter with 

Dont get me wrong, I definitely think all kids should go out and get game time in mens football but you arent going to learn if that kid is good enough in the Premiership if he is playing for middling Championship sides which appeared as good as it was going to get for him. If a Premiership side or top international league side had wanted him then I expect he would have gone. 

He had a full season of mens football last season and that is exactly what he would have needed coming out of the academy. Now he has to make that breakthrough into the first team. He has to shine in those games where he does get a start or minutes off the bench to show Marco and the coaches he is at this level. 

Maybe it is a year too early like you say, maybe it wont ever happen for him but I can assure you that he is learning more on the training ground by staying here from the players he is working with to learning and understanding Silva's tactics than he would on loan. He might not learn as much 'game craft' but he had that last year and either route will have a negative.

RE DCL - it might not be much to shout about but its more than our other 2 strikers. Silva clearly sees something in him that he wants in the side at the moment. There was a strong runour that Bournemouth wanted him on loan but if he had gone there I doubt he would have been better off given he probably has stiffer competition there than he does here!

• 2 weeks later...

with the likes of bernard and gylfi and gomes in the midfield, and the transfer want list with players even better than that i think the realistic thing is to sell him.  Leeds plays nice football with Biesla, do the kid a favor and sell him there.  not to mention we can turn a profit on the kid, he's gotta at least be worth a couple mil in this market.

I really don't get people wanting to sell a kid with the left foot he has. He scores worldies on a consistent basis. Yes you need more to your game, but he has time, plenty of time, to get better. He was very, very fucking good for half a season at Forest last year. Mason Mount has done it for a shorter period of time and gets a fucking senior England call up. Loan him to Leeds (not Pulis, please) let him get stuck in in a side chasing promotion and see what he can do. 

29 minutes ago, nogs said:

I really don't get people wanting to sell a kid with the left foot he has. He scores worldies on a consistent basis. Yes you need more to your game, but he has time, plenty of time, to get better. He was very, very fucking good for half a season at Forest last year. Mason Mount has done it for a shorter period of time and gets a fucking senior England call up. Loan him to Leeds (not Pulis, please) let him get stuck in in a side chasing promotion and see what he can do. 

Mason Mount has actually done it for over a season now. England isn’t the only footballing country after all. 

Loan him out again and hope something clicks in his all-round game, because it’s something he needs to show he has. I’ve never been convinced of that myself. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mason Mount has actually done it for over a season now. England isn’t the only footballing country after all. 

Loan him out again and hope something clicks in his all-round game, because it’s something he needs to show he has. I’ve never been convinced of that myself. 

I'm all for loaning him out again. And I'm not convinced the Dutch league is as good as the Championship. There are four or five decent sides and the you are playing utter shite every week. 

8 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'm all for loaning him out again. And I'm not convinced the Dutch league is as good as the Championship. There are four or five decent sides and the you are playing utter shite every week. 

If Dowell had had the kind of season Mount had for Vitesse we’d all be screaming for him to be playing for us this season. 

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If Dowell had had the kind of season Mount had for Vitesse we’d all be screaming for him to be playing for us this season. 

Would they? Not many seemed that arsed when Dowell was banging in goals for Forest, but there were a fair few told-you-so's when he fell out of favour with Karankor and started getting stick from Forest fans when his form dipped. Is scoring 14 goals that much better than 9? Mount happened to finish the season very strongly, that's what people remember. 

Anyway, Dowell needs to play football and he has things to prove, but no way I'd be considering selling him, and I reckon that's how the club see it too. 

16 minutes ago, nogs said:

Would they? Not many seemed that arsed when Dowell was banging in goals for Forest, but there were a fair few told-you-so's when he fell out of favour with Karankor and started getting stick from Forest fans when his form dipped. Is scoring 14 goals that much better than 9? Mount happened to finish the season very strongly, that's what people remember. 

Anyway, Dowell needs to play football and he has things to prove, but no way I'd be considering selling him, and I reckon that's how the club see it too. 

I know you would. Our academy lads need only show they can breathe and run at the same time and you want them given a chance in the first team 😛. I’m only joking, so don’t take that in the wrong way!

As soon as they hired Karanka Dowell was fucked and it was always going to go downhill from there, because he’s a negative, defensive coach. And by us not loaning him out so far this season he’s ended up wasting a season altogether. Like I’ve said before, I’m not sold on him at all, but I’ve only had small glimpses of him. So get him another loan at a decent club, playing at as high a level as we can find, and let’s see what the lad can do. 

• 1 month later...

He did well enough, first go round, in the championship, he's better than rangers/spl.  Time to really challenge him. 

Lower prem and Huddersfield I reckon, let him fight off relegation.  They're down their creative mid, in Mooy until at least the end of Jan, and short in that area regardless.  Wagner likes possession based football as well.