IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

The only players I see with little/nothing to offer are Distin, Alcaraz, McGeady and Kone. Add Atsu to this as a wasted loan. I would be happy to see all of the above go.

Players like Osman, Pienaar, Barry and Howard are still important SQUAD players and will be next season (??? over Pienaar's fitness though).

I would say Osman, Hibbert, Jagielka and Baines' importance goes beyond the pitch - to me, as local lads they are needed throughout different stages of the club - the role-models/ambassadors for youngsters, the local community link.

We're quick to write off players after a poor season. Too many wholesale changes (which gladly won't happen) can ruin previous hard-work and foundations.

I feel as though this has been lost under Martinez.

You think that Roberto is buying into the club less that Moyes?

Disagree.

Certainly do. Actions speak louder than words.... He can say as much as he likes about this phenomenal football club but since he's been here it has a completely different feel to it. Team doesn't look bonded at all.

Certainly do. Actions speak louder than words.... He can say as much as he likes about this phenomenal football club but since he's been here it has a completely different feel to it. Team doesn't look bonded at all.

Since he's been here but excluding last year, right?

In the past I have been a big fan of Osman and Hibbert, but now they are past their best and will be no good to the team next year.

There is no sentiment in business and it would be bad business if they are kept on in the belief that they may become role models or ambassadors.

At the moment they are payed as players and therefore should be replaced, as should all the others i mentioned.

Edited by Bill

In the past I have been a big fan of Osman and Hibbert, but now they are past their best and will be no good to the team next year.

There is no sentiment in business and it would be bad business if they are kept on in the belief that they may become role models or ambassadors.

At the moment they are payed as players and therefore should be replaced, as should all the others i mentioned.

Osman has been hugely missed this season.

Garbutt, who you mentioned on your previous list, is huge potential. I'll be very disappointed to see him leave should he choose to.

Tielemans would be a great signing. Interchangeable with Ross (on field), bags of potential (but already showing his class). If he wants a small step before bigger things.

For a cheaper option Ozyakup at Besiktas could be a great signing. Can also play on the wing. Was an Arsenal academy product so is used to the pace, but has honed his skills in Turkey.

Can anyone tell how well Sinkgraven is doing at the minute? Not watched the Eredivisie for a while.

Dont keep any player who doesnt want to play for the club. {Garbutt}

I think the problem is more likely to be that he does want to play for us but can't see the prospect of it happening any time soon. Understand his hesitancy to sign personally; he's twenty-two in a couple of weeks and wants to be playing regularly. Hope he stays but won't hold it against him if he doesn't.

I think the problem is more likely to be that he does want to play for us but can't see the prospect of it happening any time soon. Understand his hesitancy to sign personally; he's twenty-two in a couple of weeks and wants to be playing regularly. Hope he stays but won't hold it against him if he doesn't.

I think that applies to all the players, they all want to play but dont Fook off because they cant get into the team,

if you put that forward as an argument we would only have 11 players in the squad. Most decide to stay and work at getting into the team, he decides he doesnt want to, if he is as good as he thinks he is he would be 1st choice and Baines would be in the reserves.

Edited by Bill

I think that applies to all the players, they all want to play but dont Fook off because they cant get into the team,

if you put that forward as an argument we would only have 11 players in the squad. Most decide to stay and work at getting into the team, he decides he doesnt want to, if he is as good as he thinks he is he would be 1st choice and Baines would be in the reserves.

To some degree yes, but 99% don't have Leighton Baines (or equivalent) as well as (possibly) Oviedo to displace; and strikers/midfield players are far more likely to be given opportunities from the bench than defenders. Any team that has a first choice back four as set in stone as we do would be incredibly hard to break into now matter how good you look in training; you're waiting for an injury or serious loss of form, potentially for years.