IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

That's the kicker Matt. If we had to settle for him to get Gerry, I'd take it. But then I like all four of them players, to some extent anyway.

We need Evans to get Gerry? :huh: Surely not spending money on Evans would give us a better chance?

I'm not against Evans, I just don't think 5m is the right sum and not convinced he would come to be 3rd fiddle anyway. I won't be angry or sad if he comes though, and if we pull the 4 off you mentioned, I'd be very happy.

If we get Cleverley for free, Evans for £5m, Lennon for £6m, and manage to sign Gerry on a permanent deal, will people be happy with that?

Not for me. Cleverley, Evans and even Lennon aren't going to vastly improve us.

If we get Cleverley for free, Evans for £5m, Lennon for £6m, and manage to sign Gerry on a permanent deal, will people be happy with that?

No.

I don't think Cleverley is a bad player. He's just a nothing player for me. Evans is just garbage. Lennon I'm in the same frame of mind as I was about Barry last summer; if we could get someone better and a few years younger then I'd prefer them and Lennon was a fall back option. Gerry is the only one I'd really like.

We'd definitely need some inspiring signings to go with. Those signings (for the most part) would be squad fillers and not first team starters IMO.

Ever with Gerry, we'd need a top drawer Playmaker, another Winger and Defensive Mid. Evans could be back-up CB, Lennon and Gerry interchangeable RW's, Tom for his versatility.

Like we have a transfer kitty. This isn't FM2015, where you get given a budget at each transfer window.

This is Everton. They make it up as they go along.

RM "Bill, I want to sign Lennon."

BK "how much is he?"

RM "about £6m"

BK "Robert, it's Bill here, we need £6m for Lennon"

RE "Bill, John Lennon was shot a long time ago"

BK "Aaron Lennon, get off the sun bed"

RE "oh, you better call someone to check the accounts"

BK "Barclays? Yes it's Bill Kenwright here, do we have £6m available on the overdraft today?"

Bank "no, and why haven't you returned our calls since January 31st"

We'd definitely need some inspiring signings to go with. Those signings (for the most part) would be squad fillers and not first team starters IMO.

Ever with Gerry, we'd need a top drawer Playmaker, another Winger and Defensive Mid. Evans could be back-up CB, Lennon and Gerry interchangeable RW's, Tom for his versatility.

defensive mid? what you smoking J. we have mccarthy, besic, barry, gibson. no need mate, that's the one position we are well stocked at. Playmaker, winger i'm with, and a centre back, but no defensive mid man.

defensive mid? what you smoking J. we have mccarthy, besic, barry, gibson. no need mate, that's the one position we are well stocked at. Playmaker, winger i'm with, and a centre back, but no defensive mid man.

Smoking a nice dose of reality my friend.

McCarthy is more of a CM but get your point.

Besic - still unproven unfortunately.

Barry - legs have gone, quicker opposition he's shot.

Gibson - 1 in 10 games. No reliability.

We need someone to replace Barry. Fernando would have been perfect at the time.

Edited by tenaciousj

Smoking a nice dose of reality my friend.

McCarthy is more of a CM but get your point.

Besic - still unproven unfortunately.

Barry - legs have gone, quicker opposition he's shot.

Gibson - 1 in 10 games. No reliability.

We need someone to replace Barry. Fernando would have been perfect at the time.

you're crazy man. this is everton not chelsea. we have WAY more pressing needs, sure i'd love yaya toure in there as well, but we can't afford him.

Winger, Creative, and CB are WAY more needed than a DCM. MCcarthy and Besic do a job, Barry when not playing every match will do a job as well. Not sure why you'd want 5 DCM when we only have 1 RB? makes no sense

you're crazy man. this is everton not chelsea. we have WAY more pressing needs, sure i'd love yaya toure in there as well, but we can't afford him.

Winger, Creative, and CB are WAY more needed than a DCM. MCcarthy and Besic do a job, Barry when not playing every match will do a job as well. Not sure why you'd want 5 DCM when we only have 1 RB? makes no sense

I concure for the most part but I did say it in response to another post (StevO's) which listed our potential incomings and then I noted the positions that need addressing additionally. So not that crazy.

Can anyone else confirm that what I'm sayings makes sense and I haven't hit the twilight zone in the middle of the thread?

Edited by tenaciousj

I concure for the most part but I did say it in response to another post (StevO's) which listed our potential incomings and then I noted the positions that need addressing additionally. So not that crazy.

Can anyone else confirm that what I'm sayings makes sense and I haven't hit the twilight zone in the middle of the thread?

Your main error was an oversight....

Link. Going to be a star next season.

:67:

lol is he still on the payroll? when is that contract up?

I can't find that info, he signed in 2012 and I can't imagine it'll have been for anything other than three or four years, so it may well be up in four weeks.

Shame really because he had a decent pre-season with the first team that summer and looked a prospect. Not sure why it's all gone wrong.

I would be happy with our window if this was the business done.

So would I mate chances are that won't happen but Cleverly on a free could turn out to be a good bit of business depending on how much Martinez gets out of him

Guidetti and Konoplyanka both free agents and I very much doubt they are or where on very high wages and both better than what we currently have in Kone McGeady and potentially Mirallas if the "talk" of Monaco is true

I'm not sure how much Dann would cost £5m ish? Much better option than Evans player of the year for Palace and from the area and again if rumours are true seems keen on the move.

Delafaou £8/10m? Who we all know already and have the potential if coached right to be a world beater

Not much initial outlay there for a handful of very good or potentially great players

So would I mate chances are that won't happen but Cleverly on a free could turn out to be a good bit of business depending on how much Martinez gets out of him

Guidetti and Konoplyanka both free agents and I very much doubt they are or where on very high wages and both better than what we currently have in Kone McGeady and potentially Mirallas if the "talk" of Monaco is true

I'm not sure how much Dann would cost £5m ish? Much better option than Evans player of the year for Palace and from the area and again if rumours are true seems keen on the move.

Delafaou £8/10m? Who we all know already and have the potential if coached right to be a world beater

Not much initial outlay there for a handful of very good or potentially great players

Konoplyanka is reported to wank 100k a week and 3-4mil sign on - granted 3-4 mil is a steal for a player of his quality but in no way a free transfer. Id be very happy if our wingers were Mirrallas, Konoplyanka, Gerry and McGeady, all 4 are game changers when they are on, only problem will be getting consistency.

Konoplyanka is reported to wank 100k a week and 3-4mil sign on - granted 3-4 mil is a steal for a player of his quality but in no way a free transfer. Id be very happy if our wingers were Mirrallas, Konoplyanka, Gerry and McGeady, all 4 are game changers when they are on, only problem will be getting consistency.

That's a lot of wanking.

Must have strong wrists!

Just looked it up your right if the media reports are true, I didn't think he'd be on anywhere near that tbh.... Shame

How did you find his wanking habits online :huh:? Must be a new site....overly social media.

And Btay I worry about your autocorrect, "t" is too far from "k" for it to be a typo :lol:.