IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

realistically after hearing RM speak, i think we'll get either a winger or creative mid and a veteran centre back. osman will be on the wing or central with pienaar rotating and mcgeady as back up for the wingers.

if ossie looks as good as he is now, i'm fine with that. pienaar i am worried about.

also i'm bored at work

Edited by markjazzbassist

Micah Richards

Van Dijk

Firminio

Deulofeu

Lennon

Konoplyanka

Lacazette

Inigo Martinez

Cheers Roberto.

We've missed the train on Lacazette and Firmino. Unless we sell Barkley for £50m, we aren't going to be able to afford even one of them and add anyone else to the squad.

Well, we probably could find the £20m Firmino will cost in the couch cushions, but he's probably going to be at Man City next season. I don't think we have the 50m that Lyon are babbling about for Lacazette though.

Besler went to shit after the world cup, he's not worth it, i'd honestly have more faith in galloway or browning than him at the moment. Moreno is a good shout and would be affordable. Hell no to amorebiata, was terrible for fulham.

Vermalaen's wages are probably too high.

Besler went to shit after the world cup, he's not worth it, i'd honestly have more faith in galloway or browning than him at the moment. Moreno is a good shout and would be affordable. Hell no to amorebiata, was terrible for fulham.

Vermalaen's wages are probably too high.

Agree with all of that however any of them would be a big improvement on Alcaraz!

Late to party here and didnt have time to read through whole thread so forgive me if im repeating others.

RM has said 3-4 additions. That also means 3-4 leaving.

Everton have "no" money, its a sell to buy summer for the most part.

RM also said GK and ST very unlikely to change. Whether you are on team Joel or team Howard the fact remains having both of them is a luxury. No way a GK is added with such limited funds. Same argument (sort of) for Lukaku. He struggles yes but he has to be the starter in 4231 formation so RM wont shell out $$$ for another ST.

So, in my opinion, and im trying to be realistic based off RM comments the summer will look like this:

OUT: Distin, Atsu, Lennon, Alcaraz, Garbutt

IN: CB, CAM, LM, RM

Dont think we agree a fee for Lennon and Garbutt off to promoted squad. Starting Galloway last two games tells me everything i need to know about that situation.

Removing Hibbert, Pienaar and Osman clears wages yes but there are no transfer funds to replace those players. Two very different pots of money. They stay and contribute as best they can.

I would like to see Mirallas and Barry sold. Mirallas' value will continue to decline unless he signs an extension. Barry can be valuable for recently promoted club. Similar to cambiasso at leicester. If they are sold i could see the number of new signings shift from 3/4 to 5/6 which would be great.

RM has said 3-4 additions. That also means 3-4 leaving.

Everton have "no" money, its a sell to buy summer for the most part.

How do you gather that Everton have "no" money? Where has this been quoted? Or, from what figures are you drawing this conclusion?

I've been under the assumption that we have a fairly decent kitty for the summer, since we have significantly paid down some of our debts and have the TV money coming in. I think the number thrown around has been somewhere in the £20-30m range. I can't be sure though. But, I certainly haven't read anything about this being a sell-to-buy summer. So, where are you getting this dire view of things from?

How do you gather that Everton have "no" money? Where has this been quoted? Or, from what figures are you drawing this conclusion?

I've been under the assumption that we have a fairly decent kitty for the summer, since we have significantly paid down some of our debts and have the TV money coming in. I think the number thrown around has been somewhere in the £20-30m range. I can't be sure though. But, I certainly haven't read anything about this being a sell-to-buy summer. So, where are you getting this dire view of things from?

Sorry nothing quoted and i dont mean to make it sound dire. I just laugh when i see Everton linked with players whose value is far too high for the club. By "sell to buy" what i really meant was to make a big splash (i.e. need to sell Mirallas). I see 3/4 signings in the 5-10mil range. If we want to replace some of our aging/poor players thats where it becomes sell to buy essentially.

In other words we have funds for 3/4 new players as is but if we want to replace some of Barry, McGeady, Pienaar, Osman then we have to sell Mirallas to get the funds.

Despite the perceived wisdom I still think Ossie/Pienaar have something to offer; age may be catching up but the brain is still there; see Leon v West Ham. Not ninety minute players any more maybe but still worth a place in the seventeen, Ossie more so because he's done more than most in the last few games, will be on less money than Pienaar and has been a (close to) legend for us for many years.

Comparison to Gerrard? Sadly not in the same league talent-wise but at least he never had his shirt burned. I'll be very sad if/when he goes but (as I said) he still has more to give imo.

Despite the perceived wisdom I still think Ossie/Pienaar have something to offer; age may be catching up but the brain is still there; see Leon v West Ham. Not ninety minute players any more maybe but still worth a place in the seventeen, Ossie more so because he's done more than most in the last few games, will be on less money than Pienaar and has been a (close to) legend for us for many years.

Comparison to Gerrard? Sadly not in the same league talent-wise but at least he never had his shirt burned. I'll be very sad if/when he goes but (as I said) he still has more to give imo.

Agree wholeheartedly about Ossie and Pienaar. A healthy Pienaar will still be Pienaar. He's not someone who has ever relied on his speed or physicality. The only issues are his endurance and whether or not he can avoid injury, at this point. Ossie is similar to Pienaar in that sense as well, and he has shown that he adds a dimension to the team that has been lacking when he isn't there.

Now, maybe if we bring in a similar type of player (a silky number 10 who can find pockets of space, exploit them, and pick a pass to unlock a defense), with less mileage on the old odometer, then one of them (likely Pienaar, because of the wage and durability issues) could become expendable. However, this could only be the case if we are certain that the said replacement would be a valuable contributor in their first season (this is unlikely, and if there is any certainty about buying a player it's that there is no certainty). So, basically, regardless of who we buy in the summer, I think we will need to have both Ossie and Pienaar here next year as an insurance policy at the very least.