IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

Let me suggest a shocker: I think that maybe Leighton Baines will go. Think about it logically: Beginning to get on in years, nowhere near the same impact this year, and two if not three viable contenders for his position.

If Baines was going then I'd think we'd have told Garbutt and he'd have been quick to sign a new contract with us. Instead it looks like he'll be playing elsewhere next season.

If Baines was going then I'd think we'd have told Garbutt and he'd have been quick to sign a new contract with us. Instead it looks like he'll be playing elsewhere next season.

Agree with this. Garbutt would have been kept no matter what if Baines was on his way.

Baines will finish his career here imo and he deserves to. It pisses me off a bit that some people are saying sell him now Garbutts here yet when United were in for him they were screaming for him to stay and show loyalty.

He signed and pledged his future here when he could have gone to a bigger club and played cl football

. He chose us, he is one of us. Long may that continue.

Agree with this. Garbutt would have been kept no matter what if Baines was on his way.

Baines will finish his career here imo and he deserves to. It pisses me off a bit that some people are saying sell him now Garbutts here yet when United were in for him they were screaming for him to stay and show loyalty.

He signed and pledged his future here when he could have gone to a bigger club and played cl football

. He chose us, he is one of us. Long may that continue.

Baines would have gone if United had coughed up enough money to make us play ball. He wasn't really loyal to us, he just didn't disrespect the club by rocking the boat. Fair play to him for that but let's not get carried away and say he turned down United and chose Everton over them, because he didn't.

Baines would have gone if United had coughed up enough money to make us play ball. He wasn't really loyal to us, he just didn't disrespect the club by rocking the boat. Fair play to him for that but let's not get carried away and say he turned down United and chose Everton over them, because he didn't.

He could have handed in a transfer request like Felliani did he could have also ran his contract down and went for nothing. He done neither and signed a new deal.

That's enough for me to think he chose us over anyone.

He's been loyal to us, he signed that deal knowing that was his last chance to move to a bigger club as this deal takes himto practically the end of his playing career.

He could have handed in a transfer request like Felliani did he could have also ran his contract down and went for nothing. He done neither and signed a new deal.

That's enough for me to think he chose us over anyone.

He's been loyal to us, he signed that deal knowing that was his last chance to move to a bigger club as this deal takes himto practically the end of his playing career.

He was respectful of his contract and of his employer. I'm sure he loves the club, too. But, it's not like he didn't have opportunities to say to the press that Everton is where he wants to be. He was silent and coy about it all. It was respectful of the club, but he also left it so he could move on elsewhere. Just because he didn't go and do the (perhaps) ultimate disrespect by handing in a transfer request, doesn't make him a loyal servant. He wasn't traitorous, sure. But, he hardly threw on his scarf and drove around Liverpool One with Z Cars blasting out of his car to allay any fears of him leaving. Edited by JoeQuince

He was respectful of his contract and of his employer. I'm sure he loves the club, too. But, it's not like he didn't have opportunities to say to the press that Everton is where he wants to be. He was silent and coy about it all. It was respectful of the club, but he also left it so he could move on elsewhere. Just because he didn't go and do the (perhaps) ultimate disrespect by handing in a transfer request, doesn't make him a loyal servant. He wasn't traitorous, sure. But, he hardly threw on his scarf and drove around Liverpool One with Z Cars blasting out of his car to allay any fears of him leaving.

I'm with Pad here. He would've opened up so many cans of worms if he spoken out, he did the right thing just getting his head down and letting the clubs sort it out. Had he said "I want to stay" he also puts his contract negotiations at risk.

Facts are, he didn't push for a move, he signed a new contract; he chose us.

I'm with Pad here. He would've opened up so many cans of worms if he spoken out, he did the right thing just getting his head down and letting the clubs sort it out. Had he said "I want to stay" he also puts his contract negotiations at risk.

Facts are, he didn't push for a move, he signed a new contract; he chose us.

Maybe it was a way of getting a better deal on his next contract. I'm not entirely sure that's Baines' style. I take him as likely to be more upfront about something like that. Anyhow, he was the consensus best LB in the PL and the ball was always going to be in his court. I'm not sure he would need to go about things in an underhanded manner to get a better deal. I'm sure all he needed to do was say, "Look, I know what I'm worth, and I can go elsewhere and make double what I make here. So, please improve your offer." If he publicly said anything about going somewhere else, it wouldn't have changed the fact that the club was going to try and pay him whatever they could afford. I'm happy he didn't push for a move. It's respectful. He honored his contract. Am I sure he didn't want to go on to Utd and that he "chose us?" No. But, the club wasn't going to sell him, anyhow. He didn't rock the boat, but he also didn't do anything to try and steady it.

Don't get me wrong. I harbor no ill feelings towards Baines. He was, at the end of the day, respectful. It doesn't matter whether he "chose us" or if we gave him the offer he needed to stay. He's never spoken badly about the club and never spoken of wanting to go anywhere else. He's a professional, and I'm happy to have someone like him at Everton. There aren't enough players with his moral constitution in the game today.

He was respectful of his contract and of his employer. I'm sure he loves the club, too. But, it's not like he didn't have opportunities to say to the press that Everton is where he wants to be. He was silent and coy about it all. It was respectful of the club, but he also left it so he could move on elsewhere. Just because he didn't go and do the (perhaps) ultimate disrespect by handing in a transfer request, doesn't make him a loyal servant. He wasn't traitorous, sure. But, he hardly threw on his scarf and drove around Liverpool One with Z Cars blasting out of his car to allay any fears of him leaving.

Why should he come out and say anything? He said fuck all signed the deal and stayed. What more do you want from the lad?

Fuck me, a player stays, signs a new deal and because he doesn't declare his undying love for the club via a bunch of lying vultures (the media) he hasn't showed enough loyalty.

He is one of ours, he showed what the club means to him by signing. Every week he applauds the fans every single time he takes a corner. He could have run his contract down and got a hefty signing on fee from United (or another top team) played cl football but he never. He pledged his future to us.

I don't know what some fans want I really don't .

He doesn't have to justify himself to anyone. His actions by signing the deal and staying speak more than a thousand words evsr could. He could have come out and said he loved it here and wans staying and Martinezcould of called him in the next day and said United had bid stupid money and we've accepted it, how would he of looked then.

He done the right thing all round. He kept silent and signed the deal, that way he respected everyone involved.

Model professional in my opinion.

Why should he come out and say anything? He said fuck all signed the deal and stayed. What more do you want from the lad?

Fuck me, a player stays, signs a new deal and because he doesn't declare his undying love for the club via a bunch of lying vultures (the media) he hasn't showed enough loyalty.

He is one of ours, he showed what the club means to him by signing. Every week he applauds the fans every single time he takes a corner. He could have run his contract down and got a hefty signing on fee from United (or another top team) played cl football but he never. He pledged his future to us.

He doesn't have to justify himself to anyone. His actions by signing the deal and staying speak more than a thousand words evsr could. He could have come out and said he loved it here and wans staying and Martinezcould of called him in the next day and said United had bid stupid money and we've accepted it, how would he of looked then.

He done the right thing all round. He kept silent and signed the deal, that way he respected everyone involved.

Spot on.

Paddock, I'm saying it doesn't matter whether he did it for love of the club or because it was just the right decision for him. He handled it as a professional, and that's what matters. I'm just saying that we shouldn't blow it all out of proportion, like he signed the contract in his blood, which came out royal blue. He's stayed, and it doesn't matter if he's got "EFC" tattooed on his ass, or if he was just making a career decision. He's with us now, and looks to be retiring a blue. He's been a professional throughout, and I think we can all respect that.

Paddock, I'm saying it doesn't matter whether he did it for love of the club or because it was just the right decision for him. He handled it as a professional, and that's what matters. I'm just saying that we shouldn't blow it all out of proportion, like he signed the contract in his blood, which came out royal blue. He's stayed, and it doesn't matter if he's got "EFC" tattooed on his ass, or if he was just making a career decision. He's with us now, and looks to be retiring a blue. He's been a professional throughout, and I think we can all respect that.

Of course it matters, the fact he has stayed with us for probably less money and he'll probably retire trophy-less instead of going to a bigger team where he could earn more and win stuff shows he loves Everton.

That matters(to me anyway) immensely.

Maybe it was a way of getting a better deal on his next contract. I'm not entirely sure that's Baines' style. I take him as likely to be more upfront about something like that. Anyhow, he was the consensus best LB in the PL and the ball was always going to be in his court. I'm not sure he would need to go about things in an underhanded manner to get a better deal. I'm sure all he needed to do was say, "Look, I know what I'm worth, and I can go elsewhere and make double what I make here. So, please improve your offer." If he publicly said anything about going somewhere else, it wouldn't have changed the fact that the club was going to try and pay him whatever they could afford. I'm happy he didn't push for a move. It's respectful. He honored his contract. Am I sure he didn't want to go on to Utd and that he "chose us?" No. But, the club wasn't going to sell him, anyhow. He didn't rock the boat, but he also didn't do anything to try and steady it.

Don't get me wrong. I harbor no ill feelings towards Baines. He was, at the end of the day, respectful. It doesn't matter whether he "chose us" or if we gave him the offer he needed to stay. He's never spoken badly about the club and never spoken of wanting to go anywhere else. He's a professional, and I'm happy to have someone like him at Everton. There aren't enough players with his moral constitution in the game today.

I meant the opposite. Had he come out and said he wants to stay, the club don't have to work as hard to and maybe given him a lesser offer. Not saying anything showed that he wasn't wanting to leave but that the club should show how much they wanted to keep them. Anyway, its all the agents and media men who "permit" this kind of interaction with the press, I'm sure he will have wanted to declare his future from the get-go :)

That I understand.

Baines has fell out of love with football. You can see that on the pitch and also his comments earlier in the year. When he finished playing he doesn't want anything to do with football. No point arguing.

I don't think he was ever in love with it tbh, he just happens to be very good at it so made sense for him to do it for a living. Most people don't love their job so nothing wrong with that. He has other priorities in life, he certainly could have moved on and earned more money and won trophies but maybe he just liked where he was, liked the people, his family were happy, he'll earn enough in his career to never have to work again if he's sensible (which he obviously is). Fair play to him.

Said it before but when I had a proper career I had chances to move to big companies and earn more money, but I enjoyed the place I worked and I liked the people I worked with and the ethos of the place so I stayed for seventeen years.

Anyway, model pro; he was when he stayed with Wigan when he could have left a year earlier and he showed the same for us, or for himself. Doesn't matter to me either way.

I don't think he was ever in love with it tbh, he just happens to be very good at it so made sense for him to do it for a living. Most people don't love their job so nothing wrong with that. He has other priorities in life, he certainly could have moved on and earned more money and won trophies but maybe he just liked where he was, liked the people, his family were happy, he'll earn enough in his career to never have to work again if he's sensible (which he obviously is). Fair play to him.

Said it before but when I had a proper career I had chances to move to big companies and earn more money, but I enjoyed the place I worked and I liked the people I worked with and the ethos of the place so I stayed for seventeen years.

Anyway, model pro; he was when he stayed with Wigan when he could have left a year earlier and he showed the same for us, or for himself. Doesn't matter to me either way.

Mike, you can always be counted on to be sensible.

Maybe you now have even more clarity of mind after your participation in that "research" earlier...

When is the usual time we release players? Is there a hard date for releAsing players from contracts or no?

Howard Robles

Coleman browning

Baines Oviedo

Jags stones NEW CB Galloway

McCarthy Barry besic Gibson

Barkley osman pienaar mcgeady mirallas? NEW MF NEW Winger

Lukaku Naismith Kone

If mirallas leaves I imagine he will be replaced but that looks like the lineup for next year.