IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

I'm quite pleased with our business so far. We're very rapidly building a solid young core. But there's still a lot to do.

Mirallas is as good as gone. If McGeady has requested a transfer, he's gone too. I don't see much point in keeping Naismith, actually. There's no reason to keep Pienaar. I'm in two minds about Gibson as well, although he may be useful as a backup. Howard is out as well.

That means another winger is needed, Lennon most likely. A #10 (where the big money will be spent somewhere in Europe) and a solid CB as backup. Finally, we need an experienced keeper to back up Robles.

was in an Echo article the other day, wasn't it? Can't find the link now though....

Echo one was specifically Everton, yeah, I read it too.

Loved the bit about Bill though, how his 'drama' adds to the negotiations (bloody not what you want to tell people).

Not sure i buy into all of this no. 10 talk. How in 365 days did we go from "Barkley England's greatest hope" to Everton "in desperate need of a no. 10".

Barkley needs to be first choice in that role August 8th. Period. If he gets hurt or truly isnt up to it Cleverley/Mirallas/Deulofeu can step in and do an ok job.

Few teams in the entire premier league have the midfield depth we have right now. DM Gibson, Barry, McCarthy, Besic AM Mirallas, Barkley, Osman, Pienaar, McGeady, Cleverley, Deulofeu.

Barkley's not a no 10 IMO, particularly in a 4-3-3 with 2 DM's. Just hasn't been enough quality to his passing to create opportunities.

I had completely forgotten we had Piennar. This is probably just off the back of 1 bad season for both, but don't think McGeady and Pienaar are good enough to help take Everton forward (up the table). Think we need to be sourcing other (young/younger) options and then getting what we can for them. Everton needs to keep building from the ground up until they find the quality they need.

(edit: sorry Cornish Steve, just saw your similar/same post)

Not sure i buy into all of this no. 10 talk. How in 365 days did we go from "Barkley England's greatest hope" to Everton "in desperate need of a no. 10".

Barkley needs to be first choice in that role August 8th. Period. If he gets hurt or truly isnt up to it Cleverley/Mirallas/Deulofeu can step in and do an ok job.

Few teams in the entire premier league have the midfield depth we have right now. DM Gibson, Barry, McCarthy, Besic AM Mirallas, Barkley, Osman, Pienaar, McGeady, Cleverley, Deulofeu.

Ross needs experience to learn how to pick a pass / know when to release the ball. IF he sorts that, he has all the tools to be a great #10

I don't think he'll be a number ten myself Matt. When he learns more of the game, how to use his body, how to control games and dominate areas of the field, I think he can be as good as anyone from a central position. He can tackle too, he just doesn't do it often.

Don't think we'll see much action for a while. Get a feeling we've identified the targets, now just playing hardball on price and willing to wait till the end of the window.

my thinking too. Got some decent early bird business done, board have earns a bit of patience in regards to transfers

Don't think we'll see much action for a while. Get a feeling we've identified the targets, now just playing hardball on price and willing to wait till the end of the window.

agreed. i'm still optimistic about our targets. we've been linked with quality players this summer (unlike so many other summers) and i have faith we'll be turning the corner and have a great campaign.

There'll be more to come and a couple leaving IMO. But in full agreement that we won't see anything until August now.

That would be shite, because it would mean they would not be with the team during pre-season. How do you train your attacking player without the number 10? Or how to defend when your new defensive recruit arrives just before the season starts?

That would be shite, because it would mean they would not be with the team during pre-season. How do you train your attacking player without the number 10? Or how to defend when your new defensive recruit arrives just before the season starts?

It happens every window at every club. Don't shoot the messenger.

Edited by StevO

apparebtlynour FB create enough chances, all we need is someone else to convert them...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-transfers-best-players-europe-9600257

Good players in there.

Matip - Would LOVE at Everton. Be an amazing partner to Stones.

Douglas - We've been after him before, could get him this time.

Sow - Just as an experienced backup. Good record.

N'Zonzi - Controversial nut, who's a much better player than I thought he was. Driving force in the Stoke team. Great Barry replacement.

Austin - More I thought about it, the more I think he'll be great for Everton. Interchangeable with Rom. Offers a more clinical record.

Edited by tenaciousj

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-transfers-best-players-europe-9600257

Good players in there.

Matip - Would LOVE at Everton. Be an amazing partner to Stones.

Douglas - We've been after him before, could get him this time.

Sow - Just as an experienced backup. Good record.

N'Zonzi - Controversial nut, who's a much better player than I thought he was. Driving force in the Stoke team. Great Barry replacement.

Austin - More I thought about it, the more I think he'll be great for Everton. Interchangeable with Rom. Offers a more clinical record.

I like Michu for 1million he's 29 so could easilly recapture his first season at Swansea form and Joel Campbell at 4million he's obviously a talent and could give good options up front.

I'd rather gamble on Campbell than take Michu. He was a great 1 season wonder and got a crippling injury, we don't need another sick note.

Not a goalscorer though and we need someone to come off the bench or support Rom and contribute with goals.

009–2011 Saprissa 3 (0)

2011Puntarenas (loan) 5 (0)

2011– Arsenal 4 (0)

2011–2012Lorient (loan) 25 (3)

2012–2013Betis (loan) 28 (2)

2013–2014Olympiacos (loan) 32 (8)

2015Villarreal (loan) 15 (1)

His record is pretty poor. Goals in brackets, next to games played.

18 goals in 142 appearances, is dreadful.

Edited by tenaciousj