IGNORED

Mason Holgate

c1982

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

To bring you all back up, I heard that Gbamin has basically refused to return.

Whether that's true or not is a different story but there you go!

Who cares he would have probably get injured on the way back anyway. If true he has hopefully breached his contract and we can just bin him because we were never going to get a bean for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Talk of a move to Southampton seems to be intensifying 🤞🏻

I like that move. After all the time he’s spent here I hope he goes somewhere and becomes a regular starter. He needs to be playing every week. 

On the other hand, how has a player who’s never been a starter amassed a wage above £70k per week (apparently)? Mental, and probably a big reason why he’s been happy to be on our bench for all of these years. 

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

I like that move. After all the time he’s spent here I hope he goes somewhere and becomes a regular starter. He needs to be playing every week. 

On the other hand, how has a player who’s never been a starter amassed a wage above £70k per week (apparently)? Mental, and probably a big reason why he’s been happy to be on our bench for all of these years. 

Can’t exactly remember when but he had a purple patch and Man City were mentioned (genuinely - sure I’m not imagining this!!!) and he/his agent struck when the iron was hot! We’ve made some poor decisions in recent years!

The purple patch…

On 18/01/2020 at 18:30, Matt said:

I expect very rich clubs to be coming in for him if he keeps this up. I mean Barca elk 

On 20/01/2020 at 18:06, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

On 21/01/2020 at 10:49, Bill said:

Newcastle and Bournemouth reported to have made offers for him.  ffs they're cheeky bastards if they think he would leave us to go there.

On 21/01/2020 at 13:15, Wiggytop said:

We need to sort his out quickly so we keep him, I rate him a lot.

On 04/02/2020 at 14:42, Matt said:

He’ll end up at Barcelona at this rate. Brilliant season so far, player of the season along with DCL, and will only get better. VVD move over, there’s a new kid in town

The Man City links…

On 28/02/2020 at 11:54, Matt said:

On 28/02/2020 at 17:20, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The big mistake…

On 03/03/2020 at 18:47, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Signed new 5 year contract 👍🏻

4 hours ago, RPG said:

I wouldn't argue too much with that. His main problems seems to be between his ears.

I would. He isn't quick, he isn't strong, he looks about 5ft 6 against proper defenders and he doesn't have a Tim Cahill style leap. His passing is shit. He doesn't read the game well enough.

There is nothing about him that marks him out to be a Premier League footballer. It's ludicrous that we are paying him as much as we are for someone who has effectively come through the academy.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I would. He isn't quick, he isn't strong, he looks about 5ft 6 against proper defenders and he doesn't have a Tim Cahill style leap. His passing is shit. He doesn't read the game well enough.

There is nothing about him that marks him out to be a Premier League footballer. It's ludicrous that we are paying him as much as we are for someone who has effectively come through the academy.

He is quick, he is strong and he’s 6 foot tall. 😂 As Matt said, physically fine. Doesn’t make him a stand out player, but he never said he was. 

3 hours ago, RPG said:

Somebody obviously thought he had enough ability and/or potential to put  him on 70k a week. I agree that apart from one short purple patch he has neither demonstrated enough ability to earn that wage nor lived up to his supposed potential. I think the main reason for that is between his ears. He seems to come across now as thinking he is far better than he is and I believe most of that is caused by giving him too much money, too soon, and it has badly affected his attitude.

To some extent I think his atttitude got him to where he is. That arrogance and aggression is what got him to this point but the bubble burst.

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

He is quick, he is strong and he’s 6 foot tall. 😂 As Matt said, physically fine. Doesn’t make him a stand out player, but he never said he was. 

He is no quicker than Keane, albeit he is more agile. 6ft still makes him our shortest CB and below average for the league. He isn't strong for the league either IMO. 

He is below PL average in most of those categories, maybe with speed and agility being average. 

Not a bad player. Not good enough for our first team, but nowhere near as bad as people make out. 
I wouldn’t mind if he stayed as a squad player to be honest. Can fill a couple of positions.

I expect him to do well if we do sell him as he does have the right attributes. Just needs to be managed correctly.

• 2 weeks later...