IGNORED

Manchester City (Home)

markjazzbassist

I'm sure the same old same will continue to say the same old same. Carry on.

For me, City look immense. The balance in that team, both at the back and in attack, is absolutely on point. If they can keep this team fit, they'll be the team to watch this season. The organisation at the back is bang on. They defended in solid lines and we couldn't get through. Going forward, their pace, movement and decisiveness will cause most teams a problem.

I think we gave it a real go. But anyone to beat them this season will also need to be perfectly balanced in all areas. We are not that at the moment. Left back was a problem. As was the wings.

Both goals were shite and were a downer on an otherwise decent effort. I don't think anybody played particularly poor. We certainly looked tired as the game wore on. Not surprising really as that lot are non stop.

I was a bit bemused with Naismith coming on. I think we needed some natural width. The only thing I can think is that bringing Gerry or Kev on would cost us defensively were as Naismith, while not as talented, will run and harass all over the park.

Think Barkley had a bit of a frustrating game. He needs to learn that opposition teams will try to crowd him out, so to buy some space he needs to release the ball earlier either through a shot or a quick pass. At the moment he seems to run into the opposition and run out of space.

Overall, can't be too harsh on the team. But I dont think that was us on full song.

What didn't help Galloway and Browning was having 2 on 1 as Kone was no help. Nothing to do with their pace.

And due to his experience Barry would've coped with that better than a pair of kids, one of which playing completely out of position.

Agree with you about Naismith though. Definitely the wrong substitution. As was Deulofeu. Mirallas was a must today.

And due to his experience Barry would've coped with that better than a pair of kids, one of which playing completely out of position.

Agree with you about Naismith though. Definitely the wrong substitution. As was Deulofeu. Mirallas was a must today.

Gerry was awful then again with no playing time and only 5 minutes to find touch you can't be too harsh.

Mirallas would have thrived out there today. So much space to run at them but that's gone now.

Will have to agree to disagree with the Barry left back thing.

Edited by milesey05

Mirallas was very unhappy when Deulofeu was chosen to go on. Raised his hands up in the air looking at Martinez,Took a good swipe at the floor and went and sat back down. The substituation came far too late anyway. Martinez is a clown

Edited by MC11

Gerry was awful then again with no playing time and only 5 minutes to find touch you can't be too harsh.

Mirallas would have thrived out there today. So much space to run at them but that's gone now.

Will have to agree to disagree with the Barry left back thing.

Barry has been comfortable at left back when he's gone there. Navas had a field day against Browning. Unfortunately he's not at our level yet.

Barry has been comfortable at left back when he's gone there. Navas had a field day against Browning. Unfortunately he's not at our level yet.

Browning or Galloway are nowhere near yet. Kone didn't help either of them today. I said this area needed work after the saints game

Infact said we would be punished against better teams.

I really don't think Barry would have made that much of a difference.

I

He's brilliant one week and stubborn playing favorites the next. If he could just loosen up he'd be a top manager for sure. Tactically he knows what to do, but his principles of possession cloud his judgement. Shame really.

I have to disagree, a great tactician knows when to change shape when necessary. What we did against Southampton worked first half, but when you go 1-0 down and are clearly being outplayed like we were first 15 of second half, you've got to change things. For me, the straight swap Kone for Naismith didn't work, we became too predictable. Id just like a bit more bravery from Martinez. At 1-0 down for me it's nothing to lose, so change shape, put on the widemen and see what happens.

Browning or Galloway are nowhere near yet. Kone didn't help either of them today. I said this area needed work after the saints game

Infact said we would be punished against better teams.

I really don't think Barry would have made that much of a difference.

I

We'd have been a lot more balanced with Barry at left back. Navas had far too much space every time he received the ball. I don't think he'd have made a difference to the scoreline - that would have been achieved further up the pitch if the right players had come on at the right time.

Lad sitting next to me said Mirallas signed the contract because he was promised game time. Something which he shouldn't even have to worry about. Unfortunately Martinez seems to just be taking the piss out of him.

We'd have been a lot more balanced with Barry at left back. Navas had far too much space every time he received the ball. I don't think he'd have made a difference to the scoreline - that would have been achieved further up the pitch if the right players had come on at the right time.

Lad sitting next to me said Mirallas signed the contract because he was promised game time. Something which he shouldn't even have to worry about. Unfortunately Martinez seems to just be taking the piss out of him.

I would be more than fucked off if I was Mirallas. I'm hoping that him and Gerry both start mid week in the cup. Could gain some vital match sharpness so could start against Spurs next Saturday evening.

You know Martinez will go with Ossie and Naismith now I've said that.

Me too, thought they were very smart taking two yellows as our players drove into thier area.

Cleverly was storming forward and probably one more step from shooting.

Lukaku had the ball in the net and also clipped the bar.

Jags had a header come might close, as did Barry.

Coleman came close too.

They were just too good for us, and our defence failed and we're punished.

Elston, Browning doesn't look a LB because he's a CB/RB.

When Galloway got injured we should've moved Barry to LB, put Cleverley CM and brought Mirallas on.

Agree with every word. I didn't say Browning "doesn't look a" LB. I said, "Browning is no left back." I too would have preferred to see Barry moved to LB. Come to think of it, going forward I'd prefer to see Oviedo and Barry share LB duties until Galloway returns, at which point let the better of Oviedo and Browning be first-choice LB until Dec-Jan. If RM insists on Barry playing 90+ minutes every match, then let him move to LB in second half, and bring on Besic or a winger, depending on score and circumstance. Edited by Elston Gunnn

I've not read any posts regarding the 90. I thought we were beaten by the champs by far. We had some decent chances which could have made the game different but. It's obvious Barkley is better getting the ball from deep and starting the attacks. Which means Barry should be no where the team. McCarthy was poor but they should be our holding midfielders. Our subs were awful as usual. What can Gerry do with 5 mins? Fuck me

Tbh mate Howard made some good stops today - swings and roundabouts

I can't believe out of everyone it was you who said that!! He let Kolorov beat him at his near post from an almost impossible angle and got lobbed in his own 6 yard box. Any keeper would have made those saves . There's no point in him making the saves if he is going to let 2 soft goals in. They were both Howards fault he should have come out and picked Nasri up with the ball. Shocking goalkeeping and the reason we didn't get a point.

I can't believe out of everyone it was you who said that!! He let Kolorov beat him at his near post from an almost impossible angle and got lobbed in his own 6 yard box. Any keeper would have made those saves . There's no point in him making the saves if he is going to let 2 soft goals in. They were both Howards fault he should have come out and picked Nasri up with the ball. Shocking goalkeeping and the reason we didn't get a point.

I agree with the first goal but the second was pure quality

First goal was piss poor keeping. He got beat on his near post. We need a top goalie

It was a disgusting goal to let in. I swear to god Kolarov would not of beat me from that angle at that near post. I almost screamed my fucking lungs up when it went in they were having one of those days in front of goal until Coco took centre stage. I'm still shaking with rage over it now.

Let's rewind back and ask why Kolorov and Nasri are able to shoot from such close proximity. He made some very very good saves today.

It doesn't matter why he should have saved the first one and he should not get lobbed at that range for the second. I guarantee a top class goalie would have been off his line and on top of Nasri before he has chance to do that.

He can make 10 worldies but they're useless if he is gonna let a shit goal in like that. They only get the second because we are pushing on for an equaliser. Howards fault and that will be repeated all season.