IGNORED

Leandro Rodriguez

• 3 months later...

Has anyone had the chance to see him play for the U21s or anything like that? And if so, any feedback? I've literally not seen the lad kick a football!

He hasn't played all that much because of injury. Don't even think he's managed many 90min appearances tbf.

This will be a good opportunity for him, whichever way you look at it.

He hasn't played all that much because of injury. Don't even think he's managed many 90min appearances tbf.

This will be a good opportunity for him, whichever way you look at it.

Upsetting, Martinez was adamant that he could more or less go into first team football.

Upsetting, Martinez was adamant that he could more or less go into first team football.

Which might have been true, but he wouldn't get ahead of Lukaku this season and Kone started the season quite well, although he trailed off. Makes sense to send him out and get him some minutes to me, especially considering he would likely be behind Naisse too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've never understood why managers would want to bring in a young overseas player like him.

Did they honestly think they'd found the new Aguero?? 9 times out of 10 these players all flop and our own academy products are usually much higher standard.

Hopefully, for his sake, he gets a move back to South America and he can crack on with his career

Because it's a matter of probabilities. This guy didn't work out, but Funes Mori did. I have no problem with what the club did in this case. It paid off.

Because it's a matter of probabilities. This guy didn't work out, but Funes Mori did. I have no problem with what the club did in this case. It paid off.

Funes Mori had just won the Copa Libertadores and was already in the Argentine national team. Completely different level of the spectrum to this lad.

Funes Mori had just won the Copa Libertadores and was already in the Argentine national team. Completely different level of the spectrum to this lad.

Do you remember how many comments there were on here about how stupid it was to bring over someone young from South America? Hindsight is 20:20, as they say.

On the other hand, to your credit, you got it right.

I've a good feeling about him.... But that's just a feeling I know nothing about him. Could be the latest Kroldrup.

Edited by Cornish Steve

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Never had any incline that he would make it. Another weird transfer.

Pretty sure Martinez never watched him.

Edit: Never buy into anything this guy says...

Now in charge of the Belgium national team, Martinez is believed to have influenced Waasland-Beveren in their decision to take Rodriguez on loan but despite the Jupiler League side having three fixtures remaining they have decided to call time on his disappointing spell with the club.
Edited by Lowensda