IGNORED

Leandro Rodriguez

Italian passport for Rodriguez. Mori is the one who we may have some trouble securing a work permit for. Honestly, there is no point in arguing about whether or not this kid is going to make an impact with us. Only time will tell. Give the lad a chance for fucks sake. I've only been an Everton supporter for a decade, and I'm already well aware of how disappointing transfer windows tend to be.

Going off his most recent season of 9 in 23 (as he was a full-time starter), that's 2.55 goals per game. Granted he's playing in a shite league against shite opposition. He also has fuck all for talent around him...as you can see with how this kid scores. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time to put away a deflected ball or mishandled cross (much like Lewandoski or Harry Kane). This is something Big Rom and Arouna Kone are not very adept at.

Recent past strikers (+ Cahill and Felli):

Yakubu 31 in 107 = 3.45 goals/game

Anichebe 26 in 168 = 6.46 goals/game

McFadden 19 in 139 = 7.32 goals/game

Rooney 15 in 67 = 4.47 goals/game

Cahill 65 in 242 = 3.72 goals/game

Fellaini 33 in 177 = 5.36 goals/game

Radzinski 28 in 102 = 3.64 goals/game

Campbell 51 in 163 = 3.20 goals/game

Ferguson 72 in 272 = 3.78 goals/game

looking at those numbers, if this kid manages to put up 1 in 4 off the bench or as back-up, that will be better than the average of the players listed above (~4.6 games/goal)

Could be the next Straq...could be the next Suarez. Who knows? Trust in the scouting team and the gaffer. Not like we could afford most other strikers we've been linked with in the past.

The difference is he is scoring at that rate in a lesser league. All those you quoted scored at that rate in the prem. the likes of Yakubu would score shedloads in that league.

Many players are late developers, someone obviously see's something in him to want to sign him. He's one for the future according to Roberto's interview so won't count has one of the 2 or 3 first team players needed.

Give the man a chance and make a judgement 6-12 months down the line to see if he's progressing or is as bad as some folk here think he is.

To be fair the scouts will look at his raw attributes, his stats, movement, athleticism and then they would expect top class coaches to get the best out of him over here with us. Phil Jagielka wasn't a top class defender when he signed for us, he wasn't even a good midfielder but the raw attributes were there.

Many players are late developers, someone obviously see's something in him to want to sign him. He's one for the future according to Roberto's interview so won't count has one of the 2 or 3 first team players needed.

Give the man a chance and make a judgement 6-12 months down the line to see if he's progressing or is as bad as some folk here think he is.

If he is one for the future and not one of the three I'm all for it but if he is the back up striker we want for the first team then no.

Great news that he isn't one of the 3 I'm delighted we're getting him, he could be the nee Suarez I reckon :P

In all seriousnes I am genuinally glad he is coming but was not happy at the thought of him being 1 of the 3 because atm he isn't good enough for that role yet.

Great news that he isn't one of the 3 I'm delighted we're getting him, he could be the nee Suarez I reckon :P

In all seriousnes I am genuinally glad he is coming but was not happy at the thought of him being 1 of the 3 because atm he isn't good enough for that role yet.

Sorry mate, but we won't be getting another 2 on top of this lad & mori

Guest rusty747

I'm not so sure. I think the feelgood factor from getting a last minute marquee signing could take us to the next level. I would be ready for a roller coaster of a Tuesday.

Sorry mate, but we won't be getting another 2 on top of this lad & mori

He has said today in his press conference the next 2 players in will be attackers. Mori is one this lad is for U21s and 2 more in.

I think we will get 2 more, of what quality they will be I have no idea. I think Lennon will be 1 of them as well.

Here we go... Thought he was "one for the future"

Direct quote from Martinez

"He probably wont [need time with the Under-21s] because he has played enough games with his first team in Uruguay in a really competitive league.

So I assume that's one then, I'll be fucking livid if it is.

Edited by Paddock

Here we go... Thought he was "one for the future"

Direct quote from Martinez

"He probably wont [need time with the Under-21s] because he has played enough games with his first team in Uruguay in a really competitive league.

So I assume that's one then, I'll be fucking livid if it is.

It's one of the four he mentioned today, not the original 3. Chillax, Pad.

It's one of the four he mentioned today, not the original 3. Chillax, Pad.

Hope you're right Romey mate, got a feeling it's him Mori and Lennon myself.

If he's going in the first team he's hardly "one for the future" is he.

Regardless, he's ours now so he has my backing million per cent.

Welcome you little Uruguayan fucker you're a blue now :D