IGNORED

Leandro Rodriguez

Give the lad a chance every player and league has its critics or pessimistic views

I'm sure Moyes had his critics for bringing in a lad that predominantly played Gealic football and then moved onto the very competitive and highly rated League of Ireland

I wouldn't be surprised if Vickery hasn't even seen the lad play he spends the majority of his time in Brazil either talking bollocks or stating the obvious and if he has seen him play I wouldn't take his word a gospel

This is the man that claimed Dos Santos was a big talent said that Lulinha was the next Ronaldinho who's now playing in Brazils B league and Lucas Leiva whose power and physical strength comes with attacking ability and blistering pace ok Tim

I'll back the lad a 100% and make my own judgement

Edited by EFC-Paul

Tim Vickery is Brazil based and focused, but he's a fair, balanced, excellent and knowledgeable pundit for the whole of south america. When he says something like this, you sit up and take notice. Well i do. Hes also down on Mori. Even in the worst case, Tim Vickery knows more than we do. Still, i'm hoping that he's shit wrong with these predictions.

Tim Vickery is Brazil based and focused, but he's a fair, balanced, excellent and knowledgeable pundit for the whole of south america. When he says something like this, you sit up and take notice. Well i do. Hes also down on Mori. Even in the worst case, Tim Vickery knows more than we do. Still, i'm hoping that he's shit wrong with these predictions.

Of course he does, but if he knew everything he'd be coaching rather than writing and earning ten times his salary. Time will tell.

Just watched the Aaron Lennon interview on the club website.... Said he'd trained with the new lads today and "Leandro looks a real talent" must have bagged a few goals. Fingers crossed lads

I like that he brings him up unprovoked, while answering a question about Cleverley and Deulofeu. That is, at least, encouraging.

I like that he brings him up unprovoked, while answering a question about Cleverley and Deulofeu. That is, at least, encouraging.

Very encouraging. I've seen a few clips of him on youtube and to be honest he looks a real goal threat. I know we can all bang on about the standard of the league but I'm really looking forward to seeing him. I think we could have a proper goal scorer on our hands.

Apparently he scored for the U21s but cant seem to find if its true, seen it posted on facebook

@Everton: 10' GOAL! #EFCU21 1-0 @pnefc. The young Blues take an early lead and its new boy Leandro Rodriquez who heads in at the back post.

Yup! Good start! However, this is Preston North End's U-21s, so... Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Edited by JoeQuince

I think we have unearthed a gem, and equally as important someone who will have Romelu looking over his shoulder. Listen time and time again and the likes of Lineker, Sheringham, Shearer spot players with intelligent movement in the box, they are the ones who score goals. The best one i've seen in recent years is Suarez - ridiculous how someone who is well marked manages to create pockets.

People mistake movement with making runs - two seperate entities. Its easy to make a run, movement is like playing chess "If I move here, here will move here - or he will have to leave my team mate isolated" - the best person we have in the team regards movement at the moment is Naismith by a country mile.

I think we have unearthed a gem, and equally as important someone who will have Romelu looking over his shoulder. Listen time and time again and the likes of Lineker, Sheringham, Shearer spot players with intelligent movement in the box, they are the ones who score goals. The best one i've seen in recent years is Suarez - ridiculous how someone who is well marked manages to create pockets.

People mistake movement with making runs - two seperate entities. Its easy to make a run, movement is like playing chess "If I move here, here will move here - or he will have to leave my team mate isolated" - the best person we have in the team regards movement at the moment is Naismith by a country mile.

On the counter Lukaku, Mirallas and Barkley all make space for each other reacting to where everyone is positioned. Naismith does it by the book.

On the counter Lukaku, Mirallas and Barkley all make space for each other reacting to where everyone is positioned. Naismith does it by the book.

To be honest movement on the counter is easy ....its school boy - the aim being to split the defence if you have the ball and you have 3 versus the player in possession commits a defender and either does a give and go or plays into the run of a team mate "who should have the run" on the defender who will be at the disadvantage of facing the player but moving backwards.

On the counter its the man who doesn't receive the ball that often makes the most important run.

To be honest movement on the counter is easy ....its school boy - the aim being to split the defence if you have the ball and you have 3 versus the player in possession commits a defender and either does a give and go or plays into the run of a team mate "who should have the run" on the defender who will be at the disadvantage of facing the player but moving backwards.

On the counter its the man who doesn't receive the ball that often makes the most important run.

I like Naismith but he isn't on the same wavelength. He gets in the way when the more natural players are on form. Naismith is perfect for statistical football, will be where and do as he is told. Doesn't have that bit of magic that other players have being able to see gaps differently.

Lukaku drags two defenders a lot the players around him need to use the space created quicker and we'd be fine, but Rm possession mind gets in the way. With injuries last season we never had all our best attackers on at the same time and I think it was only when osman was on that we took a advantage of the space created by Lukaku (and Barkley).

I like Naismith but he isn't on the same wavelength. He gets in the way when the more natural players are on form. Naismith is perfect for statistical football, will be where and do as he is told. Doesn't have that bit of magic that other players have being able to see gaps differently.

Lukaku drags two defenders a lot the players around him need to use the space created quicker and we'd be fine, but Rm possession mind gets in the way. With injuries last season we never had all our best attackers on at the same time and I think it was only when osman was on that we took a advantage of the space created by Lukaku (and Barkley).

I would argue that if other players were on the same wavelength as Naismith we wouldn't have any issue scoring - he lacks individual creativity, that I agree with - but in terms of brains and occupying the mind of a defender he is exceptional.

I don't really want to talk about Rom occupying two defenders, the last 2 games the opposition just needed one defender to be half awake to deal with him.

i would have taken it in a heartbeat. he's a squad player, to get that much for him we could have gotten an ample replacement that can actually pass and link up play.

Lukaku are Naismith are clear reasons why reputation vs ability really aren't in line.

Naismith does everything you want from a forward player in a team where you have to earn the right to play football.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-striker-steven-naismith-tells-9405139

That is his job

Saving shots is Howard's job, it's amazing how much scrutiny he gets for the saves he doesn't make. For some reason the same doesn't apply to Rom when he fucks up a simple touch that can lead to a goalscoring opportunity.

Maybe if we just focus on number of saves that Howard makes then he like Rom will be able to mask over any generally shit performances.

Saving shots is Howard's job, it's amazing how much scrutiny he gets for the saves he doesn't make. For some reason the same doesn't apply to Rom when he fucks up a simple touch that can lead to a goalscoring opportunity.

Maybe if we just focus on number of saves that Howard makes then he like Rom will be able to mask over any generally shit performances.

it is, doesn't mean it's right to jump on the errors though.