IGNORED

Michael Keane

The prem is just to much for him. For such a big guy he is not physical and he is not aware. For his own sake and most importantly ours he needs to go. I actually think he would be suited to Italy and could do quite well for the rest of his career there but he is a disaster for us here.

Keane is perfectly adequate in his skills and qualities.  The problem is that he can't cut out the errors and the second that something goes wrong with his game he goes to pieces.  Vicious circle.  His body language is terrifying - you can see on his face that his head's completely goneand it's evident that he doesn't want to be on the pitch.  I wonder if he even wants to pull on the shirt any more, the pressure and abuse he gets must feel horrible. 

I know he's had problems with mental health and I feel sorry for him for that but he's just got to go.  I'd be quite happy to see any other centre back have his place for the rest of the season. There's be plenty of takers at other clubs, fresh start.

One of the worst centre backs I've seen at the club; yet he's played getting on for 200 games for us.

7 minutes ago, Btay said:

The prem is just to much for him. For such a big guy he is not physical and he is not aware. For his own sake and most importantly ours he needs to go. I actually think he would be suited to Italy and could do quite well for the rest of his career there but he is a disaster for us here.

Psychologially I think he needs to be in a comfort zone, can be consistent but not a game changer.

He can’t defend running back to the goal when he’s in the area facing up the pitch he isn’t brilliant but he can hold his own, either Lampard play’s to his attributes which aren’t many or he stops selecting him, otherwise relegation could be a very big possibility. 

Wouldn’t have changed the game, but for Kanes first he clearly fouls Keane. He’s pretty much got him in a headlock and then runs away while Keane is getting up. 
The VAR didn’t even look at it, but Kane looks around to see where Keane is and then reaches behind and pulls him down under his arm. We’d have still been smashed to bits tonight, but I can’t believe it wasn’t even looked at. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Still fuming at jogging back twenty yards behind Kane. Nothing worse for me than just thinking…. Oh he’ll probably score so I won’t bother wasting energy.

The least you do is make the striker feel like there is a tackle coming in. Kane had time to settle. Unbelievable. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The least you do is make the striker feel like there is a tackle coming in. Kane had time to settle. Unbelievable. 

Haf, I make sure my U10s know not to wait for a refs whistle. I also tell them examples of players getting back just as a striker takes that one extra step.

I was fuming watching that! Feel like we should get rid of 90% of this team.

Think I need a few days to get over that embarrassment haha.

17 hours ago, StevO said:

Wouldn’t have changed the game, but for Kanes first he clearly fouls Keane. He’s pretty much got him in a headlock and then runs away while Keane is getting up. 
The VAR didn’t even look at it, but Kane looks around to see where Keane is and then reaches behind and pulls him down under his arm. We’d have still been smashed to bits tonight, but I can’t believe it wasn’t even looked at. 

Keane shouldn’t be getting bullied by someone who weighs half as much as him. This is just more of an indictment on him than anything else.

5 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Keane shouldn’t be getting bullied by someone who weighs half as much as him. This is just more of an indictment on him than anything else.

Not sure why you would think Harry Kane weighs half as much as him. Kane is a big lad, I agree he needs to be stronger in that situation. But if one of our players put his arm around a Spurs players head it’s a foul all day long. 

Lampard said he was taken off as he was feeling unwell, not injury or concussion didn’t he? I took that to be it was a mental health / heads gone issue. If so I think it’s best for him as much as anything that he’s taken out of the firing line for a bit. I feel sorry for him to be honest, but if we stay up it’ll be by slim margins and can’t be doing with having him in our defence scoring own goals and own assists.

1 hour ago, patto said:

Keane never trained all week before the city game he was ill but still played it we go with a new defence against Wolves it's suicide our last home performances have been decent we can win at home with just a couple of changes.

I agree wholesale changes of players isn’t the answer. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Keane never trained all week before the city game he was ill but still played it we go with a new defence against Wolves it's suicide our last home performances have been decent we can win at home with just a couple of changes.

Sorry mate but there’s been excuses like this pop up every time over the last 3/4 years. 

I wouldn’t and I don’t want to see any one suffer from mental health - I have no doubts he’s a good bloke, he comes across that way in every media commitment he does but he is not in a good way and if we keep putting him out there it’s only going to damage him more and definitely see us relegated. 

4 hours ago, badaids said:

Lampard said he was taken off as he was feeling unwell, not injury or concussion didn’t he? I took that to be it was a mental health / heads gone issue. If so I think it’s best for him as much as anything that he’s taken out of the firing line for a bit. I feel sorry for him to be honest, but if we stay up it’ll be by slim margins and can’t be doing with having him in our defence scoring own goals and own assists.

It pretty much summs up his mental fragility if he has to be taken off half way through a game, assuming it is to do with his mental health. Putting aside the possibility he has other things outside of football impacting it, he's far from mentally strong enough to play at the level we want to be at.

A girl who I work with who has been in contact with him mum since when he was at Burnley and she told me he really wasn't enjoying his football prior to Carlo coming to Everton. I'd guess he has gone back to not enjoying it again.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Normally that's my answer too. But I think this time it is the only answer. 

I meant this week and till the end of the the season, next season definitely look at wholesale changes, I worry that if we make to many changes now will they gel or be better in time to get us away from the drop, 2 or 3 now not a problem just to mix it up a bit, but 6, 7 or 8 now could be very counter productive, thank goodness at home we are more than holding our own, and away from home we need maybe to go into games with a different system especially against teams with pace up front, defend deeper to nullify their pace.