IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought DCL ran his arse off and challenged everything he could.  I dont think Niasse would have made much of an impact, it certainly wouldn' have changed the result!

I think Niasse will score the goals to keep us up and Hafnia, yes I agree we need to get as much support at the ground as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Both him and DCL did so little closing down today, I was really surprised. That's a part of today's tactic that I couldn't stand.

Niasse is no world beater but you can't judge many players based on today. 

I think it was so we would stay compact. There is no point the front two closing down when the rest of the team is sitting back. They were positioned to try and stop Liverpool going down the flanks which is where they are most dangerous.

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think it was so we would stay compact. There is no point the front two closing down when the rest of the team is sitting back. They were positioned to try and stop Liverpool going down the flanks which is where they are most dangerous.

Ai but what got me was that they both just stood like statues most of the time, allowing the centre backs to easily move forward into our first 3rd. They weren't really wide or picking anyone up.

One time DCL did close one down, the lad panicked, had to turn and almost lost the ball. I think we could have tried that a bit more. They're not the best CB's around.

6 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Ai but what got me was that they both just stood like statues most of the time, allowing the centre backs to easily move forward into our first 3rd. They weren't really wide or picking anyone up.

One time DCL did close one down, the lad panicked, had to turn and almost lost the ball. I think we could have tried that a bit more. They're not the best CB's around.

Yeh it was a surprise to me as well. I guess Allardyce thought the CBs were the least dangerous players to have the ball so we let them have it.

I think they are both a liability with the ball so I would have liked to have seen us be more aggressive but we got an unlikely point and reduced them to only a couple of decent attempts so I guess that' why me and you write on a forum and he is Everton manager 😄

Having watched the highlights on sky the following seems apparent to me:

1) Our midfield and defense was sat so deep that there was no point closing their back 4 as they always had an option to pass to, such was their dominance in midfield.

2) The pass's (and I use the world pass in the loosest possible term) up to them were more like mortar shells being launched, and gave our forwards little chance.

3) I thought DCL kept going right to the end.

On 11/12/2017 at 16:44, Bailey said:

Yeh it was a surprise to me as well. I guess Allardyce thought the CBs were the least dangerous players to have the ball so we let them have it.

I think they are both a liability with the ball so I would have liked to have seen us be more aggressive but we got an unlikely point and reduced them to only a couple of decent attempts so I guess that' why me and you write on a forum and he is Everton manager 😄

Haha!!! It's why none of us are allowed anywhere near the club other than to watch games!!!

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

He’s getting the koeman treatment from sam now too.  He should be the first sub every match.  Perfect impact player.  Not sure why sam doesn’t like him, he defends and does his fair share of pressing.

Maybe it’s just another manager realising he’s not very good?

52 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Maybe it’s just another manager realising he’s not very good?

And I get that but the guy scores goals.  Just like Naismith, technically not all there, but there’s tons of work rate and they actually score, they’re just unorthodox.  Maybe since sam has rooney and gylfi in form and DCL improving he figures he doesn’t need oumar anymore.  Still think 20 minutes a match he could score a couple more.

maybe we’ll see him for the Chelsea match.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

And I get that but the guy scores goals.  Just like Naismith, technically not all there, but there’s tons of work rate and they actually score, they’re just unorthodox.  Maybe since sam has rooney and gylfi in form and DCL improving he figures he doesn’t need oumar anymore.  Still think 20 minutes a match he could score a couple more.

maybe we’ll see him for the Chelsea match.

Please do not ever do Naismith the disservice of being compared to Niasse again.

Sam's been saying this a lot recently and I tend to forget this when analyzing the squad but we have a ton of players. Doesn't matter how you feel about a particluar individual, there are just a lot of players to utilize and try to keep happy. That's tough for everyone involved. I love Niasse's attitude, but personally I'd like to see someone like Sandro integrated into the squad and producing so we don't see him gone in January. I prefer that over accommodating Oumar who in my opinion isn'tt great at starting matches. It's tough because he does tend to score but his unorthodox style makes him sort of a luxury player. 

4 hours ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

Sam's been saying this a lot recently and I tend to forget this when analyzing the squad but we have a ton of players. Doesn't matter how you feel about a particluar individual, there are just a lot of players to utilize and try to keep happy. That's tough for everyone involved. I love Niasse's attitude, but personally I'd like to see someone like Sandro integrated into the squad and producing so we don't see him gone in January. I prefer that over accommodating Oumar who in my opinion isn'ttt great at starting matches. It's tough because he does tend to score but his unorthodox style makes him sort of a luxury player. 

I want strikers scoring goals, and he’s gotten a feeble crucial ones. That’s enough for me to warren to selection above others who have had chances and failed to take them. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I want strikers scoring goals, and he’s gotten a feeble crucial ones. That’s enough for me to warren to selection above others who have had chances and failed to take them. 

I do worry that he hasn't got a natural strikers finish. He had 4 or 5 shots last night and there was only 1 that I thought was well struck (from the left hand corner of the box that was blocked).

I think he is our best striker and he should be starting every game but it's a definite weakness at the moment. He must come out of every game feeling battered because he never shirks a challenge.

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I do worry that he hasn't got a natural strikers finish. He had 4 or 5 shots last night and there was only 1 that I thought was well struck (from the left hand corner of the box that was blocked).

I think he is our best striker and he should be starting every game but it's a definite weakness at the moment. He must come out of every game feeling battered because he never shirks a challenge.

Matt was talking about Niasse :lol: