IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I want strikers scoring goals, and he’s gotten a feeble crucial ones. That’s enough for me to warren to selection above others who have had chances and failed to take them. 

I fully agree with you. I like Niasse and for what he offers his attitude is top notch. I just think Allardyce, Koeman etc. have been tasked with the decision of playing him, who will score - eventually, erratically, unconventionally or with having someone like DCL, or whoever, that will allow the team to 'play'. Your logic is sound I just don't think Niasse always fits the puzzle. It's just his unique way of playing. It's not good or bad, but it is different from everyone else. It's less of a personal opinion and more of an assumption of what's going on with him. 

2 hours ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

I fully agree with you. I like Niasse and for what he offers his attitude is top notch. I just think Allardyce, Koeman etc. have been tasked with the decision of playing him, who will score - eventually, erratically, unconventionally or with having someone like DCL, or whoever, that will allow the team to 'play'. Your logic is sound I just don't think Niasse always fits the puzzle. It's just his unique way of playing. It's not good or bad, but it is different from everyone else. It's less of a personal opinion and more of an assumption of what's going on with him. 

He doesn’t fit, but that’s his biggest asset. No one knows what he will offer when they have to defend against him except work rate and goals, so far at least. That unpredictable nature is a strength, we’ve got a wildcard to throw on. Doesn’t need to be a flair player, or a dominating forward. He chips in with goals and harrassses defenders, and I don’t care if it’s not spectacular - goals win games and he has, and could still do that for us. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was expecting the Ashley Williams thread to be live and well to be perfectly honest with you. 

Far worse candidates than this lad. 

Williams was abysmal. Shite and not half the big man he thinks.

I guess if niasse had 12 major trophy medals he too would get away with passing the ball to United instead of shooting. 

On 12/19/2017 at 23:42, Matt said:

He doesn’t fit, but that’s his biggest asset. No one knows what he will offer when they have to defend against him except work rate and goals, so far at least. That unpredictable nature is a strength, we’ve got a wildcard to throw on. Doesn’t need to be a flair player, or a dominating forward. He chips in with goals and harrassses defenders, and I don’t care if it’s not spectacular - goals win games and he has, and could still do that for us. 

Sadly it has been proved that Niasse is lacking in anything like the quality we need. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Didn’t have a good game today at all. 

Nope he didn't but he wasnt the worst.

Ashley Williams for the umpteenth time is used as a human shield to enhance the opposition's ability to hide a shot. Twice in one game..... fucking clown. 

Niasse was at least unlucky with a header and showed willing. 

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I was expecting the Ashley Williams thread to be live and well to be perfectly honest with you. 

Far worse candidates than this lad. 

Williams was abysmal. Shite and not half the big man he thinks.

I guess if niasse had 12 major trophy medals he too would get away with passing the ball to United instead of shooting. 

Then say it in the Williams thread? Then the convo will start.

As it stands, Niasse doesn't give us what we need. Good lad and all that, but we need more up there.

Although I'd rather carry on with him than panic buy for the sake of it.

Just now, Newty82 said:

Then say it in the Williams thread? Then the convo will start.

As it stands, Niasse doesn't give us what we need. Good lad and all that, but we need more up there.

Although I'd rather carry on with him than panic buy for the sake of it.

I will. Allardyce more or less just alluded to it that we back off.

Williams has allowed goal after goal with his fucking "I'm gonna stand 5ft away from you.... go on... Can you bend it round me"

Niasse isn't the answer but he's far from the reason we lost today.far from the reason. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Williams has allowed goal after goal with his fucking "I'm gonna stand 5ft away from you.... go on... Can you bend it round me"

Niasse isn'tt the answer but he's far from the reason we lost today.far from the reason. 

The 2 chances we had he fluffed his lines- he can’t control a simple pass and just stands stock fucking still while a defender marks him. He’s a joke of a player.

57 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Niasse isn'tt the answer but he's far from the reason we lost today.far from the reason. 

And I don't think anyone is saying he is the reason Haf!

It's just an observation that he is lacking in a few areas to be our main man up top. Today highlighted it quite a bit.

Can't knock his hard work but that's not enough he as no real football brain and lacks natural ability, runs into blind alleys loses the ball far too easy doesn't know when to give and go, the only thing going for him at this club is there isn'tt any serious contenders for the strikers position which will make the DCL fans upset but the truth is he's not good enough and won't be for this league, and age is no excuse ask Rashford.

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

He is fuckng shite- how anyone thinks he deserves to play for us because he tries absolutely astonishes me- he is not even close to the standard required.

Fuck off.

Genuinely thought this was the Michael Keane thread when I read this comment. 

Niasse should only be an option from the bench. He's got enough goal from the to be considered as he's unorthodox shiteness creeps us a goal against tired legs. Never a starter though. 

Funny. Apparently we would have got relegated without our last striker (we wouldn't his goals didn't turn out to be crucial from a points perspective)....

But Niasse at a time when the team were hiding and scared to take ownership of the ball were getting battered actually won us games we were losing.  He showed bottle.... yet here he is getting his name up in lights when our central defenders and multi trophy winning captain gifted United 3 points....

He's a dirk kuyt, shane long type forward.... there clearly is a need for them so let's not get too fuckin snobbish when we have shithouse players like schneiderlein, Williams, Keane, mirallas who are letting the side down.

If we had 11 players out there giving 100% and ample quality then yeah ok may be we could question his input or inclusion. But we don't.... we have cowards.... lavishly paid and expensive costing ones who are hiding.... fuckin hiding. So cut the lad some slack.... he will be back on the bench when the new lad comes in.... no moaning, no whinging, ready to help the team out when called. 

55 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Funny. Apparently we would have got relegated without our last striker (we wouldn't his goals didn't turn out to be crucial from a points perspective)....

But Niasse at a time when the team were hiding and scared to take ownership of the ball were getting battered actually won us games we were losing.  He showed bottle.... yet here he is getting his name up in lights when our central defenders and multi trophy winning captain gifted United 3 points....

He's a dirk kuyt, shane long type forward.... there clearly is a need for them so let's not get too fuckin snobbish when we have shithouse players like schneiderlein, Williams, Keane, mirallas who are letting the side down.

If we had 11 players out there giving 100% and ample quality then yeah ok may be we could question his input or inclusion. But we don't.... we have cowards.... lavishly paid and expensive costing ones who are hiding.... fuckin hiding. So cut the lad some slack.... he will be back on the bench when the new lad comes in.... no moaning, no whinging, ready to help the team out when called. 

Apart from that first paragraph (which is just nonsense), I completely agree :o

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Apart from that first paragraph (which is just nonsense), I completely agree :o

It's not a criticism of Rom but an example of the double standards.

We bloody know niasse is not Louis Suarez... He is who he is but he certainly can never be pulled up for lack of effort of bottle and when there are several players who can them why is he the whipping boy? Let' sort out the shit houses first.

If you had a team of niasses you would be bottom half of the league and may just escape relegation in a dogs of war kind of fashion.  But if you had a team of schneiderleins you would get relegated no problem... like a Newcastle all supposed finesse and no substance. The odd game where you win but majority just getting turned over cos the other team want it more.