• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Who are you????

A couple of people getting a bit touchy here. And I didn't mention any names. And I said I'd read/heard away from this site. A lot more. But, when I can be arsed, I'll read back on this topic and see who said what, but I'm pretty sure I read some OTT bollocks on here.

(Contempt? Not sure that fits)

What a toffeetalk mentality. how petty.

What a toffeetalk mentality. how petty.

Not really. Because I might be totally wrong and I read fuck all on here! I read/watch more than just ToffeTalk...but I'm pretty sure that I read some OTT shit on here. If not, I'll hold my hands up and say I got it wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I hit a low with Koeman too. Around early December I think. We were playing shite. But I still maintained he needed time.

My 'dig' is at those who wanted him sacked after a few months! Crazy.

If that doesn't apply to you, don't worry. Only you know what you said, not me!!!!

Edited by Newty82

Not really. Because I might be totally wrong and I read fuck all on here! I read/watch more than just ToffeTalk...but I'm pretty sure that I read some OTT shit on here. If not, I'll hold my hands up and say I got it wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I hit a low with Koeman too. Around early December I think. We were playing shite. But I still maintained he needed time.

My 'dig' is at those who wanted him sacked after a few months! Crazy.

If that doesn't apply to you, don't worry. Only you know what you said, not me!!!!

I'm afraid I do worry about people on here! The old school yard "I told you so" isn't it?

Everyone doubted Ronnie late last year, including me, and I said if our performances don't improve I want him to go. Not in December, not January. He needed a season to be judged.

People wanted him to be given the minimum amount of time as possible because we gave clown shoes the longest amount of time possible. Fans are understandably frustrated about watching an under performing manager at our club and probably just want to speed along the process of replacing one, and they hold every right to do that.

I'm not doubting RK. I'm merely saying that late last year the fans were sick of the lack of improvement in the side.

Call me pedantic, but the 11th highest paid manager in the world shouldn't have been playing hoof ball relegation fodder tactics like Koeman was late last year.

I'm afraid I do worry about people on here! The old school yard "I told you so" isn't it?

Everyone doubted Ronnie late last year, including me, and I said if our performances don't improve I want him to go. Not in December, not January. He needed a season to be judged.

People wanted him to be given the minimum amount of time as possible because we gave clown shoes the longest amount of time possible. Fans are understandably frustrated about watching an under performing manager at our club and probably just want to speed along the process of replacing one, and they hold every right to do that.

I'm not doubting RK. I'm merely saying that late last year the fans were sick of the lack of improvement in the side.

Call me pedantic, but the 11th highest paid manager in the world shouldn't have been playing hoof ball relegation fodder tactics like Koeman was late last year.

I got a big fat 'told you so' about Martinez. The biggest fattest told you so! And I deserved it too...I couldn't see the woods for the trees.

So yes, that does make you more cautious about backing Koeman. It does make you question him more (salary is irrelevant to me). It does make you more wary.

But, the point still stands that a lot of unnecessary things were being said. Or, at the very least, it was being said at least 9 - 12 months too early.

I got a big fat 'told you so' about Martinez. The biggest fattest told you so! And I deserved it too...I couldn't see the woods for the trees.

So yes, that does make you more cautious about backing Koeman. It does make you question him more (salary is irrelevant to me). It does make you more wary.

But, the point still stands that a lot of unnecessary things were being said. Or, at the very least, it was being said at least 9 - 12 months too early.

Things are always said unnecessary. It's what makes us the frustrating, beautiful fans we are! 6 months too early for me, the way he was playing.

I'll bide my time for now, recent performances have been tactically sound and undertaken well by the players. We look more like a team, and less direct which is nice.

Things are always said unnecessary. It's what makes us the frustrating, beautiful fans we are! 6 months too early for me, the way he was playing.

I'll bide my time for now, recent performances have been tactically sound and undertaken well by the players. We look more like a team, and less direct which is nice.

In the heat of the moment yes, when you keep saying it then you genuinely believe it to be true. That's the difference.

Anyway, good chat mucker. We move on.

They didn't play a back four this evening!

usual back 4

walker alderwiereld vertogonhen rose

I believe tonight it started out

walker wimmer alderweiereld rose

it changed to a back 3 due to injuries. like I said they usually play a back 4. Chelsea and City are the ones who play back 3's regularly.

Edited by markjazzbassist

The way I see it is

Robles

Holgate Williams Mori

Coleman Davies Barry Baines

Barkley

Mirallas

Lukaku

Barkley is dropping in midfield then supporting in attack sort of a false AM

yeah it almost looks like the front 3 (barkley mirallas lukaku) are in a triangle with lukaku at the top. Kev and Ross interchange right and left midfield, but you're right Ross drops deeper whereas Kevin stays further up the pitch. It's an interesting formation, clogs the midfield and gets width through the wingbacks if done successfully.

I hate Talksport, They are so biased towards Liverpool it's shocking.

Micky Quinn is a gobshite I can't even listen to him for 30 seconds.

Funny his paymasters own the Sun yet he happily takes his paycheque whilst bleating how much he loves Liverpool.

Fucking arsewipes.

they play a back 4, if anything we are playing the same system as Chelsea 343 with wingbacks.

They've been playing 3 at the back for a while now, saw comments before the city game that we were doing the spurs line up....

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-create-more-chances-in-new-system-with-three-at-the-back-says-christian-eriksen-a3440991.html

Danny Murphy and Didi Hamman too Pad.

At least Colin Murray, just a supporter not even an ex player, quit because he wouldn't work for that company.

Spot on mate, Quinn shouts the odds all the time though doesn't he. Liverpool this and Liverpool that, Liverpool through and through yet takes the Suns money.

Typical gobshite

Danny Murphy and Didi Hamman too Pad.

At least Colin Murray, just a supporter not even an ex player, quit because he wouldn't work for that company.

Erm, it had nothing to do with him being shite at his job and slowly being moved out of presenting focus then. Take a stand and bow out with dignity was about all he could rescue. He's a gangrenous hemorrhoid and I am sure glad he's been lanced off of tv's intestinal gewgaw

Reading the Robles thread and considering how it has disintegrated has lead back to here.

Koeman, two windows in. (senior side)

Players out

• Stones

Players in

• Bolasie
  • Williams
  • Gueye
  • Stekelenburg
  • Valencia (loan)
  • Lewin
  • Lookman
  • Schneiderlin

Loans out

• Niasse
  • Cleverly
  • McGeady
  • Kone (please)

There is no misunderstanding, I very much dislike "our previous manager", the waste, the atrocious football, the laughable excuses, the amateurism. Be under no illusions, Koeman had a massive task on his hands getting to grips with the laughing stock left to him, I didn't like the public nature of how he hung certain players out to dry, I didn't like his seeming inability to trust a few other players in a poorly performing side, that said, he has moved players on with little fuss, and importantly started to play some of the youth prospects in the ranks, better yet after a seeming eternity of fluid setups has dropped on a formation that the players have adapted to quickly, and is starting to look like producing consistent results.

Against him is his alleged stubbornness, his highly undiplomatic nature, and the time it took to see a few obvious changes needed to happen. (Lump in a couple of meek cup exits too if you must)

In his favour, he has turned the fortunes of the side and some badly performing players around, eventually got a system to use with the players at his disposal, and although it took months to trust some of the youth players - he is continuing to do so and has thrown Lookman in as soon as possible. Initially trusted Stek but has rewarded Robles with a run due to improving form.

A few results don't make a season, but the tide may have turned and with first teamers to return (Gueye, Bolasie) and one to get fit (Schneiderlin) he has improved options to involve. Slowly his high workrate, move the ball quickly system, is starting to take shape - as is the squad. There'llbe a few bumps along the way but this season could still be a huge success and we could end up getting a shot at the europa league next season too.

It was painful getting into the sick mess "our previous manager" dragged us down into, it would be naive to think it wouldn't hurt pulling ourselves out of that pit of despair.

Lets see what Koeman and Walsh can conjure before the window closes and then what improvements can be seen on matchdays. The healing has begun, maybe the worst of it is behind us.

Colin Murray has gone back to work for the BBC.

Personally think he's a great radio presenter.

He turned down a new contract at Talk Sport when the new owners came in, the BBC were quite happy to take him back.

His TV career did ok for a few years, but his radio career has been excellent. A man who steps down because of his principles is a good man to me.

Reading the Robles thread and considering how it has disintegrated has lead back to here.

Koeman, two windows in. (senior side)

Players out

• Stones
Players in

• Bolasie
  • Williams
  • Gueye
  • Stekelenburg
  • Valencia (loan)
  • Lewin
  • Lookman
  • Schneiderlin
Loans out

• Niasse
  • Cleverly
  • McGeady
  • Kone (please)
There is no misunderstanding, I very much dislike "our previous manager", the waste, the atrocious football, the laughable excuses, the amateurism. Be under no illusions, Koeman had a massive task on his hands getting to grips with the laughing stock left to him, I didn't like the public nature of how he hung certain players out to dry, I didn't like his seeming inability to trust a few other players in a poorly performing side, that said, he has moved players on with little fuss, and importantly started to play some of the youth prospects in the ranks, better yet after a seeming eternity of fluid setups has dropped on a formation that the players have adapted to quickly, and is starting to look like producing consistent results.

Against him is his alleged stubbornness, his highly undiplomatic nature, and the time it took to see a few obvious changes needed to happen. (Lump in a couple of meek cup exits too if you must)

In his favour, he has turned the fortunes of the side and some badly performing players around, eventually got a system to use with the players at his disposal, and although it took months to trust some of the youth players - he is continuing to do so and has thrown Lookman in as soon as possible. Initially trusted Stek but has rewarded Robles with a run due to improving form.

A few results don't make a season, but the tide may have turned and with first teamers to return (Gueye, Bolasie) and one to get fit (Schneiderlin) he has improved options to involve. Slowly his high workrate, move the ball quickly system, is starting to take shape - as is the squad. There'llbe a few bumps along the way but this season could still be a huge success and we could end up getting a shot at the europa league next season too.

It was painful getting into the sick mess "our previous manager" dragged us down into, it would be naive to think it wouldn't hurt pulling ourselves out of that pit of despair.

Lets see what Koeman and Walsh can conjure before the window closes and then what improvements can be seen on matchdays. The healing has begun, maybe the worst of it is behind us.

I buy into most of that not all, don't agree with the comments about Martinez being to blame for the games Koeman's been in charge of whether we've lost drawn or won makes no difference.