• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Kind of agree but if we were to finish 7th next year having given the top six a fight all the way (especially in head-to-head games) and we're only marginally behind them it could be enough. It's a real hardened glass ceiling we're trying to break through and if we make large scale changes in the summer we can't really expect to hit the ground running at full pace, team will take time to bed in.

It will be Koemans final season here. That's the impression I get from him. It's always been 2 seasons.

The whole top 7 had a points improvement from last season, Arsenal, who finished as runners up last season, gained more points this season and finished 5th. Koeman's job was going to be difficult with the squad he came into but it became harder when the teams around us improved massively too.

14 points is a hell of a difference, our away form was shite but I expect Koeman to address this.

EDIT: here is the point difference for said clubs:

16/2017 pts change compared to 2015/2016

Chelsea +43pts

Tottenham +16

Man City +12

Liverpool +16

Arsenal +4

Man Utd +3

Everton +14

The top 6 have improved but the teams below us have been shite. I haven't seen the final table but last week everyone below us weren't far over 40 points which is really unusual.

The top 6 have improved but the teams below us have been shite. I haven't seen the final table but last week everyone below us weren't far over 40 points which is really unusual.

That's true actually. Really bizarre. Southampton are below us on 46 points. Traditionally, 40 points was the target for relegation threatened teams, so to have 8th place on 46 is a strange one. All below us are on negative goal difference too.

That's true actually. Really bizarre. Southampton are below us on 46 points. Traditionally, 40 points was the target for relegation threatened teams, so to have 8th place on 46 is a strange one. All below us are on negative goal difference too.

yeah the table is very divided. glad to be on the right side of it!

Matt Matt Matt....he used 'we' in there!!!

(I think it was Matt?!)

it was me :lol:

Some interesting posts regarding this season being a success or not. How anyone can think it's not is baffling.

Only met the minimum requirements? Considering that was European football, that's quite a high minimum requirement considering the mess he inherited.

Review and stabilise a faltering squad? Done, releasing quite a few players that didn't have a place and bringing in young (either brought through the ranks or bought in) or proven players.

I don't like the way he goes about something's, but I've already said back towards the end of the season that he's winning me over.

But the real hero of the season is Morishi. What's happened over the last 12 months and what's coming is down to him; new stadium, new sponsorships, new energy.

This summer is massive now, and a real test of Morishis plan. I'll maintain that we only need 4-5 players, but they have to be stellar players. None of this Troy Deeny for £35m bullshit, I want players that have a massive improvement on the position. Players that will make the footballing world, as well as fans, stand up and say "holy crap, Everton are serious!"

I'll continue to give Koeman a deadline January next year before I make my mind up, but overall I'm very happy with what's happened so far

Some interesting posts regarding this season being a success or not. How anyone can think it's not is baffling.

Only met the minimum requirements? Considering that was European football, that's quite a high minimum requirement considering the mess he inherited.

Review and stabilise a faltering squad? Done, releasing quite a few players that didn't have a place and bringing in young (either brought through the ranks or bought in) or proven players.

I don't like the way he goes about something's, but I've already said back towards the end of the season that he's winning me over.

But the real hero of the season is Morishi. What's happened over the last 12 months and what's coming is down to him; new stadium, new sponsorships, new energy.

This summer is massive now, and a real test of Morishis plan. I'll maintain that we only need 4-5 players, but they have to be stellar players. None of this Troy Deeny for £35m bullshit, I want players that have a massive improvement on the position. Players that will make the footballing world, as well as fans, stand up and say "holy crap, Everton are serious!"

I'll continue to give Koeman a deadline January next year before I make my mind up, but overall I'm very happy with what's happened so far

99.5% this.

Edited by Lowensda

Great summing up there, my only other concern at the moment is (and i know it is still early days) the players we are being linked with so far are absolute dross, we really need to raise the bar a bit more if we are going to break the top 6 imo.

Great summing up there, my only other concern at the moment is (and i know it is still early days) the players we are being linked with so far are absolute dross, we really need to raise the bar a bit more if we are going to break the top 6 imo.

With the players he's brought in so far, average for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool video. And great for them.

Our forums are making us seem very butt hurt for some reason.

You want them to make Koeman a hero?

Grow up!

We'll done Southampton, love our marketing team to step up to that level.

Pretty obvious people aren't butt hurt just a shite petty ad having a sly dig at Koeman so people have every right to have their say

Pretty obvious people aren't butt hurt just a shite petty ad having a sly dig at Koeman so people have every right to have their say

It's Southampton ... I'm just not that interested in them so it doesn't bother me.

But I do understand others getting a bit peeved.

Newty hit me right haha.... had a few last night and my aggressive posts come out. Don't mean it to sound that way, sorry.

I thought it was a good piece of marketing, fair play to them, if it was us and Martinez we'd be loving it.

Very original and I'm personally not in the slightest bit upset.

And dare say even Koeman would find it funny, and hardly ever smiles.