IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

42 minutes ago, nogs said:

I really don't remember him being that good. When have you ever seen him boss a football match? I don't see why we should have to keep accepting Man Utd rejects are good enough for us. Plus events of the last week call into question his character. I wouldn't she'd a tear if he went in January, I'd prefer to see Besic or one of the young lads in there. Fact is, we have tons of CMs, him leaving would be no loss. 

As for Mirallas, surely that's his time up. 

Chelsea at home last season, but is bossing the match really what you want from a sitting midfielder? I want him mopping things up and moving the ball on to the players in front of him, for them to impose themselves on the game. I don't want him that involved from back there. I want him to be a shield.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Chelsea at home last season, but is bossing the match really what you want from a sitting midfielder? I want him mopping things up and moving the ball on to the players in front of him, for them to impose themselves on the game. I don't want him that involved from back there. I want him to be a shield.

Gana can do that  I've seen him have more standout games in an Everton shirt doing that than Schneiderlin. Same for McCarthy when fit, Beni looks promising, Besic is worth a run when free from injury. Point is, we don't need him, especially on the basis of this season's turd performances. 

Gana cant though, as good as he can be he doesn't have the same positional sense as Morgan.

McCarthy is a very capable midfielder when fit, but hes never fit and has never really played the shield role. Barry tended to take that part of the job on and McCarthy would sit a little further forward like we see from Gana.

Beni is just a kid, he'll be back in the U23's before we know it but does look promising.

Besic worth a run when injury free....... I'm not in the mood to write a list of things wrong with his game, I've got stuff to do this afternoon.

On the basis of the season so far we have no shining lights at all. I don't think Morgan has been anywhere near his best, but neither have any of his team mates. When on form last season he was head and shoulders above most of the squad. Everyone in that team needs to up their game, hes just another one.

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

This is a big wake up call for Moshiri I think. You can't just throw money at the problem and expect it to work. Liverpool have been doing that for years and are still incapable of winning the league.

We need to get recruitment spot on because we can't mix it with the likes of Chelsea, City and Utd in the transfer market.

We don't have that status yet and it'll take a few years of breaking into the top 4 to get there. We need to make smart signings. Players that really want to wear the shirt and aren't drawn in solely for the £100k+ a week wages that we are now throwing around.

Completely agree. Hopefully this mess has shown those on the board that money on its own doesn' make success. It' almost made them complacent if anything.

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

Gana cant though, as good as he can be he doesn't have the same positional sense as Morgan.

McCarthy is a very capable midfielder when fit, but hes never fit and has never really played the shield role. Barry tended to take that part of the job on and McCarthy would sit a little further forward like we see from Gana.

Beni is just a kid, he'll be back in the U23's before we know it but does look promising.

Besic worth a run when injury free....... I'm not in the mood to write a list of things wrong with his game, I've got stuff to do this afternoon.

On the basis of the season so far we have no shining lights at all. I don't think Morgan has been anywhere near his best, but neither have any of his team mates. When on form last season he was head and shoulders above most of the squad. Everyone in that team needs to up their game, hes just another one.

So are you saying Gana and McCarthy are not DMs? Because I don't see much else to their games. And I don't think 'upping his game' quite cuts how awful Schneiderlin has been. He has neither offered protection to the back four, nor used the ball with any intelligence. Plus individual errors from him have led directly to goals being conceded. He has stood out like a sore thumb in a team full of shit. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

This for me- he’s not a Kante type player, I never expected him to boss games. He had a spell last season where he was absolutely excellent and I thought we’d hit the jackpot with him. His defece this season is there is zero movement in front of him so nobody for him to pass to- that’s for on the pitch- his attitude is inexcusable.

2 hours ago, nogs said:

So are you saying Gana and McCarthy are not DMs? Because I don't see much else to their games. And I don't think 'upping his game' quite cuts how awful Schneiderlin has been. He has neither offered protection to the back four, nor used the ball with any intelligence. Plus individual errors from him have led directly to goals being conceded. He has stood out like a sore thumb in a team full of shit. 

Anyone who knows me knows I hate the idea of a player being DM or AM, or any other bollocks. But I see Morgan sitting deeper and Gana getting forward (hence the amount of terribly poor shots Gana has had this season), I also saw McCarthy getting forwards when playing next to Barry. For me we play with two or three central midfielders and all have different roles in the team. Its not as basic as playing two DMs.

You are entitled to your opinion mate, if you think Morgan has been our worst player then that's your call. Personally I think the whole team has been that shite its unfair to pick just one. If I was to pick one out I'd probably say Gylfi, but I could have offered four or five other names too.

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

Anyone who knows me knows I hate the idea of a player being DM or AM, or any other bollocks. But I see Morgan sitting deeper and Gana getting forward (hence the amount of terribly poor shots Gana has had this season), I also saw McCarthy getting forwards when playing next to Barry. For me we play with two or three central midfielders and all have different roles in the team. Its not as basic as playing two DMs.

You are entitled to your opinion mate, if you think Morgan has been our worst player then that's your call. Personally I think the whole team has been that shite its unfair to pick just one. If I was to pick one out I'd probably say Gylfi, but I could have offered four or five other names too.

I wouldn't disagree about Gylfi. Or Williams. Or the likes of Klaasen and Sandro who have been so poor they now don't even get a look in. 

I don't disagree with you on the DM/AM stuff either. I get wound up by all this talk of 'number 10' because it means completely different things depending on what system you play. My argument about Gana, Schneiderlin, McCarthy and all is, call them what you will, their main attributes are defensive. I actually want CMs to be much more rounded footballers than any of them are, but I can see a role for one in your team, especially to balance another CM who is better on the ball but cannot track back and tackle. What I hate seeing is two in the same side, especially if it means someone like Gana having to play a more offensive role he is utterly not suited to. And I certainly have no time for a player whose main attributes are meant to be defensive, who starts missing tackles and not tracking runners, like Schneiderlin this season. 

In summary, despite having about 10 players in that position, I think our options in CM are awful. 

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

To be fair... I believe him. Surely he wouldn’t deny it. 

?? of course he would deny it.  throwing in the bib cause you don't want to fight?  you think he wants to be labeled a pussy?  you think he wants every team out there to know he's a prima donna who won't throw down when it's really needed?  could effectively end his career in the PL with teams not wanting him and he ends up like a balotelli going to a lower league.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Interesting that he says that and Mirallas hasn't denied it.

Maybe they both got bollocked but Morgan stayed while Mirallas sulked off.

Don't really care at this point. Just adding to the ammunition for this laughing stock we're becoming

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

?? of course he would deny it.  throwing in the bib cause you don't want to fight?  you think he wants to be labeled a pussy?  you think he wants every team out there to know he's a prima donna who won't throw down when it's really needed?  could effectively end his career in the PL with teams not wanting him and he ends up like a balotelli going to a lower league.

There’s no point denying it when the club can just come out and say he’s a liar. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

There’s no point denying it when the club can just come out and say he’s a liar. 

it's a battle of who do you trust.  the guy who is on Jim White saying we've got a massive singing every TDD (and don't).  Or the guy who puts the tears in his eye when he was running the club and tried the stadium moves that never came about and all the moutinho riquelme etc signings that never came about?  not really the shining bastion of integrity at everton sadly so the club's credibility is pretty low.  hence why him/agent would think it could be a good idea to deny and move on.  Not like the club is going to wage a war of words in the press over it, so if anythign he could get off.

Just playing devil's advocate.  i'm sure we'll find out more after the break at the presser.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Wow you got a lot from that one little comment.

but in answer. NO I don’t think anything like that. You couldn’t be anymore wrong.

But I do think he is intelligent enough to realise that to come out and publicly lie can easily ruin him. I am surprised that any adult could think that way.

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's a battle of who do you trust.  the guy who is on Jim White saying we've got a massive singing every TDD (and don't).  Or the guy who puts the tears in his eye when he was running the club and tried the stadium moves that never came about and all the moutinho riquelme etc signings that never came about?  not really the shining bastion of integrity at everton sadly so the club's credibility is pretty low.  hence why him/agent would think it could be a good idea to deny and move on.  Not like the club is going to wage a war of words in the press over it, so if anythign he could get off.

Just playing devil's advocate.  i'm sure we'll find out more after the break at the presser.

Well it’ll become pretty obvious that something has gone on if he never plays for us again. So he can deny it all he likes if he’s looking to save his own skin but if he’s lying then it won’t help him in the slightest. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

4 hours ago, nogs said:

I wouldn't disagree about Gylfi. Or Williams. Or the likes of Klaasen and Sandro who have been so poor they now don't even get a look in. 

I don't disagree with you on the DM/AM stuff either. I get wound up by all this talk of 'number 10' because it means completely different things depending on what system you play. My argument about Gana, Schneiderlin, McCarthy and all is, call them what you will, their main attributes are defensive. I actually want CMs to be much more rounded footballers than any of them are, but I can see a role for one in your team, especially to balance another CM who is better on the ball but cannot track back and tackle. What I hate seeing is two in the same side, especially if it means someone like Gana having to play a more offensive role he is utterly not suited to. And I certainly have no time for a player whose main attributes are meant to be defensive, who starts missing tackles and not tracking runners, like Schneiderlin this season. 

In summary, despite having about 10 players in that position, I think our options in CM are awful. 

I think you both hit on a key point in that our midfielders arent particularly well rounded. Barry despite having no legs, could pick a pass or have a strike on goal, McCarthy too. Add the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Graveson etc etc. You can get away with one player with limitations but having 2 or 3 of them alongside each other is a recipe for disaster. Schneiderlin is best screening the back four, albeit he is a decent passer too, Gana is purely a duracell bunny that is good at winning the ball back but not really much of a technician, Besic isnt too different either, albeit he is better on the ball. Beni is a young lad learning his way but looks more like Schneiderlin than anyone else.

Davies and Klaasen are probably the only two who possess a bit of everything but even then Schneiderlin and Klaasen are both bottlers too so having the pair of them in the same team isnt ideal. I think that would, on paper, be my ideal midfield 3. I think its more important under Unsworth to have footballers than it was under Koeman and thats why Gueye has looked terrible.

39 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Pretty damning if true.

Amazing that Mirallas is so inconsistent and has a reputation for a bad attitude, yet he still manages to sign new contracts. Doesn't make sense.

Amazing really. He has a well established reputation for being a prick and probably doesn't get picked because of it, so why are we still paying him? Unless we keep hoping someone will offer us £20m for him one day.