IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

Simplest way of interpreting this situation is that unsworth had plenty of opportunities to dismiss the incident up till yesterday. He didn't.

Schneiderlin has been piss poor in attitude and performance. So too has mirallas... plus a few others btw. 

Unsworth used yesterday to put the matter to bed - nothing else.  Somehow people believe that if a manager denies something then it didn't happen.... sometimes that may be the case but more often it' political.

All I know is I expect to see 11 players out There with the same attitude as niasse, davies or dcl.  Too many passengers amongst our supposed elite players. 

Simplest way of interpreting this situation is that unsworth had plenty of opportunities to dismiss the incident up till yesterday. He didn't.
Schneiderlin has been piss poor in attitude and performance. So too has mirallas... plus a few others btw. 
Unsworth used yesterday to put the matter to bed - nothing else.  Somehow people believe that if a manager denies something then it didn't happen.... sometimes that may be the case but more often it' political.
All I know is I expect to see 11 players out There with the same attitude as niasse, davies or dcl.  Too many passengers amongst our supposed elite players. 

That’s the way I read it as well . Unsworth just trying to put the matter to bed, Schneiderlin’s performances of late are speaking volumes
Hats off to peteO , not sure whether he’s cried this in or whether he was right all along!

32 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That’s the way I read it as well . Unsworth just trying to put the matter to bed, Schneiderlin’s performances of late are speaking volumes
Hats off to peteO , not sure whether he’s cried this in or whether he was right all along!

Cheers Dunc, broken clock and all that.

Would rather have been proven wrong, but he's had enough chances now and hopefully we won't see much more of him going forward. 

16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Our most overrated player for years. Came with a big reputation and has never had the ability or desire to live up to it. Even when he looked a better player, it was largely because we were so desperate for some light. 

I dont know what it is with this guy, but he just doesn’t seem to have the heart for it. 

I just can't understand why he is still playing. Remember what Vinny Sam ways was like when he came to us? Utterly disinterested and fucking awful? Reminds me of him. I read someone post 'he needs to be in a team that keeps the ball'. Well I look forward to Man City or Barca coming in for him in January then! 

I just can't understand why he is still playing. Remember what Vinny Sam ways was like when he came to us? Utterly disinterested and fucking awful? Reminds me of him. I read someone post 'he needs to be in a team that keeps the ball'. Well I look forward to Man City or Barca coming in for him in January then! 

He looked like a Rolls Royce of a player last year but based on this season the Vinny Samways comparisons are not wide of the mark

31 minutes ago, nogs said:

Jesus - why? 

Maybe I never made that clear- he needed injections to start the game not at half time if you realised I meant that then-

Because why risk an injured player like that especially one who is massively out of form when he has Davies or the lad from the ezzies to play there.

Schneiderlin has been awaful, if he needs injections to play and there’s players to cover, why on earth would you a) risk him getting injured more and b ) expect him to get back in form when he’s not 100%.

11 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Maybe I never made that clear- he needed injections to start the game not at half time if you realised I meant that then-

Because why risk an injured player like that especially one who is massively out of form when he has Davies or the lad from the ezzies to play there.

Schneiderlin has been awaful, if he needs injections to play and there’s players to cover, why on earth would you a) risk him getting injured more and b ) expect him to get back in form when he’s not 100%.

Yeah that's what I thought you meant. He shouldn't be in the 11 fit, nevermind with a knackered toe! 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

Yeah that's what I thought you meant. He shouldn't be in the 11 fit, nevermind with a knackered toe! 

Exactly yet he picks him and this is the type of thing that worries me with Unsworth- he shouldn’t of started regardless but to start him when he needed injections to play just makes an all round bad situation worse.

7 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Loads of players play with pain/steroid injections. It's been common practice for years upon years.

As for his form, I thought he was quality when he came in last season. The standard was clear to see. Based on how the team is doing this season, it' hard to judge a player fairly at the moment.

Course they do but why risk him if there’s no need to. If he was our only striker or had been playing out his skin I could understand it but if he’s not fit AND out of form, why do it. If he’s struggling anyway he’s hardly going to find his form at 80% fit is he.

12 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Course they do but why risk him if there’s no need to. If he was our only striker or had been playing out his skin I could understand it but if he’s not fit AND out of form, why do it. If he’s struggling anyway he’s hardly going to find his form at 80% fit is he.

True.

The only thing I can think of when things like this happen is that they must be showing something in training to be getting picked. Something more than others in the same position.

I dunno. I give up second guessing Everton at the moment!!!

6 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

True.

The only thing I can think of when things like this happen is that they must be showing something in training to be getting picked. Something more than others in the same position.

I dunno. I give up second guessing Everton at the moment!!!

I wonder if it was maybe an opportunity for redemption after the things that have been going on in the press. Plus I guess he was one of the only players to be away on international break?

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

Maybe Unsworth wants to rush him back because in form or not he’s still our best midfielder?

I thought he was doing alright in the first half in between Siggy and Gueye. When I say alright, that is in comparison to the rest of the team not compared to the level of performance he should be showing.

1 minute ago, nogs said:

If that's the case we're fucked. And on the basis of form over the past three months, it is also blatantly not true. 

Nogs, I said “in form or not” which implies if he is in form or if he is not in form. I didn’t say he is playing well. 

But when th competition for places in midfield is McCarthy (injured), Davies (also out of form), Besic (not good enough) and Beni (just a kid who doesn’t need that pressure yet), maybe Unsworth thinks Morgan is the best option? I know I do. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I thought he was doing alright in the first half in between Siggy and Gueye. When I say alright, that is in comparison to the rest of the team not compared to the level of performance he should be showing.

Exactly, I agree with that. We know he can be so much better than he has been this season, we saw th standard he set last year. But he won’t get to that standard if he's sat on the couch at home.