IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Exactly, I agree with that. We know he can be so much better than he has been this season, we saw th standard he set last year. But he won’t get to that standard if he's sat on the couch at home. 

I don't agree at all. You can put up with a player having a few games when they are below par. When it turns into months, they should not be playing. I don't even think it's a case of him being out of form, I don't think his heart is in it. He is making individual errors, his work rate is poor, and when he is on the pitch, we play badly. I'm not singling him out by the way, I think the same can be said for several of our squad. But he keeps getting picked. And if you keep picking badly out of form players, you set yourself to lose. If he wants to prove he can do better, he should be doing it in the U23s now, he's had every chance in the first team and has still been shite. 

39 minutes ago, nogs said:

I don't agree at all. You can put up with a player having a few games when they are below par. When it turns into months, they should not be playing. I don't even think it's a case of him being out of form, I don't think his heart is in it. He is making individual errors, his work rate is poor, and when he is on the pitch, we play badly. I'm not singling him out by the way, I think the same can be said for several of our squad. But he keeps getting picked. And if you keep picking badly out of form players, you set yourself to lose. If he wants to prove he can do better, he should be doing it in the U23s now, he's had every chance in the first team and has still been shite. 

The problem, of course Nogs, is that if you apply this rule to Morgan, you must do to the others too. Then who do you pick? Because most of our team is out of form and/or playing below par.

I suppose if you are the manager, you still feel inclined to pick your better players.

It's a tough one. He must be showing that his heart is in it in training. Unsworth wouldn't pick him if he wasn't trying.

Like 7 or 8 players at the moment, he needs to find his mojo. So do you drop them all or just keep plugging away hoping that it will click?

Just now, Newty82 said:

The problem, of course Nogs, is that if you apply this rule to Morgan, you must do to the others too. Then who do you pick? Because most of our team is out of form and/or playing below par.

I suppose if you are the manager, you still feel inclined to pick your better players.

It's a tough one. He must be showing that his heart is in it in training. Unsworth wouldn't pick him if he wasn't trying.

Like 7 or 8 players at the moment, he needs to find his mojo. So do you drop them all or just keep plugging away hoping that it will click?

Exactly Newts. We need to understand why they aren' performing first. Morgan doesn' appear to be the heartiest, maybe he just doesn' like a scrap but then again he has come from league 1 so I don' see how that can be.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Exactly Newts. We need to understand why they aren' performing first. Morgan doesn' appear to be the heartiest, maybe he just doesn' like a scrap but then again he has come from league 1 so I don' see how that can be.

He maybe isn't the best option when you are needing a scrap to get results. To me, he seems to have quite a laidback, calm style of play.

Like I've said before, it's hard to judge any player at the moment.

16 hours ago, nogs said:

We are picking 11 players out of form though. Hence why we see a different 11 every game. No one is playing well. But this is a player who has played at a consistently high level for about for years prior to this season. I don’t think many of our other have been at that level for as long. 

Williams has been terrible, even Baines (I hate to say it) has been a shadow of himself, Keane has been poor, Davies has struggled, Gana hasn’t been at his best, none of our forward players have been good at all apart from probably Niasse and flashes of Rooney. 

I don’t see why Morgan is getting singled out when the rest have been shite too. Because of an off the field issue? They happen all the time, we just don’t hear about them. 

15 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Hah that’s what I meant. 

15 hours ago, Newty82 said:

He maybe isn't the best option when you are needing a scrap to get results. To me, he seems to have quite a laidback, calm style of play.

Like I've said before, it's hard to judge any player at the moment.

I think his calm style of play is what we need though. I see too much panic when the ball gets anywhere near our defence. Calm is a positive for me. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

We are picking 11 players out of form though. Hence why we see a different 11 every game. No one is playing well. But this is a player who has played at a consistently high level for about for years prior to this season. I don’t think many of our other have been at that level for as long. 

Williams has been terrible, even Baines (I hate to say it) has been a shadow of himself, Keane has been poor, Davies has struggled, Gana hasn’t been at his best, none of our forward players have been good at all apart from probably Niasse and flashes of Rooney. 

I don’t see why Morgan is getting singled out when the rest have been shite too. Because of an off the field issue? They happen all the time, we just don’t hear about them. 

Nothing to do with the off the field stuff for me. Before that, I thought he stood out as one of our worst performers so far, alongside Klaasen, Williams Sigurdsson, Martina and Keane. I've seen nothing from him so far to change my mind. 

5 hours ago, nogs said:

Decent article. Shows again how wrong-headed our summer recruitment was. It mentions Rooney, Klaasen and Sigurdsson as players who need people in front of them to pass to - so what exactly was the thinking?? 

Did you also notice how 'he who only passes sideways or backwards' Gana is the outfield player with the most passes into the final 3rd? Interesting.

Also, shocking how Pickford is the player who, by far, has the most passes into the final 3rd. Maybe we should be trying more to play it from the back instead of allowing the GK to hoof it up to the non existent big lads up top?!

35 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Did you also notice how 'he who only passes sideways or backwards' Gana is the outfield player with the most passes into the final 3rd? Interesting.

Also, shocking how Pickford is the player who, by far, has the most passes into the final 3rd. Maybe we should be trying more to play it from the back instead of allowing the GK to hoof it up to the non existent big lads up top?!

4 out of 5 unsuccessful! 

Screenshot_20171123-153500.png

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tonkaroost said:

Has he maybe thought the fan backlash is because he's been dreadful, not because of whatever did or did not happen on the training pitch? 

42 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If any of our players score.. I would love to see them celebrate in the same way as Morata.

Ridiculous.Football is becoming a laughing stock.

He didn't get booked for shoving the ball up his shirt, but when it was retrieved by the opposing player pulling it from him he turned and kicked the ball down the field.

9 times out of 10 you will get booked for doing that anywhere on the pitch.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

He didn't get booked for shoving the ball up his shirt, but when it was retrieved by the opposing player pulling it from him he turned and kicked the ball down the field.

9 times out of 10 you will get booked for doing that anywhere on the pitch.

Ahh that’s different then. I thought it was just for the celebration.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Paddock said:

What the fuck has happened to him this season- it’s like he’s been kidnapped and his shit twin brother put in his place.

Given how it went for him at United, I can only think he is the type of player that loses confidence easily. He was one of the main men at Southampton, no doubts about his position, yet when he has had to fight for his place and play with freedom (or without fear) he just cant do it and isn'tt the same player.