IGNORED

Maarten Stekelenburg

I will be amazed if he starts at the weekend.

It would be a bit too faced of Koeman to keep him in. You can't keep calling out the outfield players in press conferences, rotating and dropping and yet leave the guy that is actively losing us points on the pitch.

Edited by Bailey

I will be amazed if he starts at the weekend.

It would be a bit too faced of Koeman to keep him in. You can't keep calling out the outfield players in press conferences, rotating and dropping and yet leave the guy that is actively losing us points on the pitch.

Best prepare yourself then, Bailey!

One more stinker and suddenly Barkley being so euphorically dropped will be spotlit.

Robles is utter congealed nodder wank, oh how I gaze back in my mind to the days of Southall and Martyn.....

Clown-Shoes, what a stain on our club, a stain on humanity, nice brogues though and a smile, what a great chap. Theres some prime dick-heads in our support, cull required.

he is the quintessential mid table premier league keeper. will have a few games as a worldie then has a few looking like a league 1 keeper than a few decent games. rinse, repeat.

anyone like Heaton from Burnley? I know everyone rates Pickford very highly I'm just wondering if he's ready to command a top back 4, he's very young.

he is the quintessential mid table premier league keeper. will have a few games as a worldie then has a few looking like a league 1 keeper than a few decent games. rinse, repeat.

anyone like Heaton from Burnley? I know everyone rates Pickford very highly I'm just wondering if he's ready to command a top back 4, he's very young.

I'd rather invest in a long-term keeper rather than just another stop-gap.

who would you like to see us sign as that long term keeper? a youngster or someone in their prime?

I would go with Pickford. Yeah he's got mistakes in him right now due to being young but the benefits will outweigh the negatives. I wouldn't say no to Fraser Forster though. I'd have liked to have gotten him when he left Celtic.

no thanks, forster is a keeper 15m at best, maybe 20m if we're paying over the odds. van dijk isn't worth 50m. did you mean 40m for them both?

40 is the going rate for VVD apparently and I assume it's take a stupid sum to get Forster because of this recent contract extension.

Thought you rated Forster highly??

I do but goalies are the on thing that aren't hyper inflated. 20m tops will get you a worldie.

Dunno about that mate. Ter Stegen was rumoured at 40m and he's one of the best going in my opinion. Neuer wouldn't go for anything less either. But I know what you mean, a 'keeper is often cheaper than other areas on the pitch, as it's usually underestimated and not as "sexy" I guess

I threw the £30m out there on a whim really, but the point was that a joint bid with a big figure might convince Southampton to part with 2 of their most important players

Pickford looks like he will be absolutely class his reflex saves appear to be superb.

The only drama is, I would like to sign him in January and have him on the bench, playing the cup games rather than league games, for the rest of this season, then have him in next year as our number 1. I don't know if that's the best option for him as he has first team football right now.

Edited by AidanLewis

• 4 months later...