IGNORED

Maarten Stekelenburg

Now that we signed Pickford, hopefully we'll be rid of him for sure. Neither Robles or he will be happy backing up a 23-year old, so I suspect they'll both go. Hopefully we can command at least a couple million pounds for Robles, but I'll just be happy to have Stek's wages off.

Now that we signed Pickford, hopefully we'll be rid of him for sure. Neither Robles or he will be happy backing up a 23-year old, so I suspect they'll both go. Hopefully we can command at least a couple million pounds for Robles, but I'll just be happy to have Stek's wages off.

Probably why we're after a has been (Reina) and someone who'd be happy just for the pay packet.

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

The Mrs works in a posh restaurant in Cheshire. She was serving him tonight and says he was a right arsehole! Wife is a typical wag too! 

Maybe he is just bitter because hes championship standard, and a kids keeping him out of the team! 

Bet he dropped his glass. 

1 hour ago, Aidan Lewis said:

The Mrs works in a posh restaurant in Cheshire. She was serving him tonight and says he was a right arsehole! Wife is a typical wag too! 

Maybe he is just bitter because hes championship standard, and a kids keeping him out of the team! 

Not much of a 'keeper then? 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, patto said:

Unbelievable just hope Pickford doesn't pick up any injuries we could have kept Joel 

Joel was too good for our bench. Not happy having Stek as the backup and would have preferred to have given Hewelt a chance to prove himself, but Joel was always going to go.

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Not think Hewlet is better playing every week for the U23s than being on the bench? They won’t have him doing both. 

They also might just not rate him that highly. 

Training with the first team and experiencing the bench during a senior game would also be very good for the lad, not to mention a confidence booster.