IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• 1 month later...

I would play him.  He can stroll around by himself up front with not much to do for the most part so not too much running about all over.

He is better at hold the ball up when we can get it out to him than Maupay and he is also better for defending set pieces.

Added to that he's more likely to get in the right place and take a chance if we manage to get one.

Give him 60 minutes or so and see how he's getting on.

I'd rather that than throw him on towards the end of the game for a run out when the game is lost and he's then struggling to get up to speed with the action.

5 hours ago, FairWooney said:

I would play him.  He can stroll around by himself up front with not much to do for the most part so not too much running about all over.

He is better at hold the ball up when we can get it out to him than Maupay and he is also better for defending set pieces.

Added to that he's more likely to get in the right place and take a chance if we manage to get one.

Give him 60 minutes or so and see how he's getting on.

I'd rather that than throw him on towards the end of the game for a run out when the game is lost and he's then struggling to get up to speed with the action.

Trouble is he always tries to get involved, this is the worst game to try and bring him back for. 

Now is the time to find out if he can stay fit (ever) again. If he gets hurt we open the checkbook. If he doesn't we might just win a few games...and we hopefully still open the checkbook :) 

Would be so Everton to protect him in January, not sign cover and he gets hurt in early February. His career and our season are at risk of going off the rails, time to see what he and we are made of. 

• 1 month later...

As if to already hammer home the need for a striker which we have been promised would arrive in January window and didn't, DCL is doubtful for the Liverpool game, and we all witnessed the none starter in the 2nd half Maupay and what he will bring to the team. Jesus what a fucking mess this board and owner have got us into, 56 years of my life as devoted blue to end spending my golden years saddled with this bunch of incompetent cunts, please no one back them because you may find I will hunt you down 😂

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

As if to already hammer home the need for a striker which we have been promised would arrive in January window and didn't, DCL is doubtful for the Liverpool game, and we all witnessed the none starter in the 2nd half Maupay and what he will bring to the team. Jesus what a fucking mess this board and owner have got us into, 56 years of my life as devoted blue to end spending my golden years saddled with this bunch of incompetent cunts, please no one back them because you may find I will hunt you down 😂

Exactly.  But let’s make a defence for the board cos we didn’t go out and buy Andre ayew……

I said this numerous times, dcl is patched up and can’t train consecutively…. There is no way that we will have him for more than 60% of the remaining games based on the past 18 months. 

the club knew this in the summer, we were effectively left with rondon a few unproven kids and had to buy maupay. 

mismanagement. This could really cost us. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dominic-calvert-lewin-set-injury-26162569

And this will be our weakness until the end of the season. No real cover up front and DCL still not had a decent run of games to make me think he will get to the end of the season. 

My fear is this is what could take us down - Simms may well have an opportunity to test himself in a run of premier league games.  

This is my single biggest concern now, as I think we have the right manager for the task in hand. 

9 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dominic-calvert-lewin-set-injury-26162569

And this will be our weakness until the end of the season. No real cover up front and DCL still not had a decent run of games to make me think he will get to the end of the season. 

My fear is this is what could take us down - Simms may well have an opportunity to test himself in a run of premier league games.  

This is my single biggest concern now, as I think we have the right manager for the task in hand. 

This is the reason a few of us are banging our heads against a brick wall.    A multi billion pound industry where staying in the premier league is almost a make or break for clubs with wage bills like ours and we went into the season with someone who looks injury plagued, a player who was too big to run, and a few academy players. 

we had not one bonafide reliable striker to back up dcl, Most other clubs have 4.  Shocking. This is all on the financial mismanagement and decisions at board level. 

53 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

This is the reason a few of us are banging our heads against a brick wall.    A multi billion pound industry where staying in the premier league is almost a make or break for clubs with wage bills like ours and we went into the season with someone who looks injury plagued, a player who was too big to run, and a few academy players. 

we had not one bonafide reliable striker to back up dcl, Most other clubs have 4.  Shocking. This is all on the financial mismanagement and decisions at board level. 

no arguing with that. 

The people who run the club actually now have no right to expect anybody to be able to keep us up with one known crocked CF, one not suitable for purpose and other an untested academy player who had to be called back of his loan. Not even the option to bring one of your wider players in to cover as CF - because we don't have winger that score!!.

This is the toughest league in the world and any manager needs the basic tools. 

This past month has been absolutely shocking, even by Everton spectacular miss management standards.

Everybody knew we needed two or three additional offensive players in January, and the only business done is three more out the door in Gordon, Rondon and Cannon. This is simply staggering.

It really is going to be set pieces that are going to have to be our bread and butter way of scoring, when we can get some decent headers of the ball in to the box. It would not surprise me come end of the season that a CB will be out highest scorer. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

This may sound crazy, but I wonder whether there's value in pushing Onana even further up front. More than once, he was right there next to DC-L in the Arsenal box. Add Simms and we've have two big forwards to aim at.

No. He’s a midfielder who can dominate, lose far too much by pushing him into a position he doesn’t play. Go up for set pieces etc but that’s it.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

No. He’s a midfielder who can dominate, lose far too much by pushing him into a position he doesn’t play. Go up for set pieces etc but that’s it.

That's exactly what I thought when we pushed Fellaini up top. It'll be interesting to see what Dyche does for the derby. It could be a really big chance for Simms who I'd imagine is already in the mold of a striker who Dyche prefers. Hopefully he can take his chance if he plays. I do think Dyche will stick with Oana, Gana and Doucoure in midfield.

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

That's exactly what I thought when we pushed Fellaini up top. It'll be interesting to see what Dyche does for the derby. It could be a really big chance for Simms who I'd imagine is already in the mold of a striker who Dyche prefers. Hopefully he can take his chance if he plays. I do think Dyche will stick with Oana, Gana and Doucoure in midfield.

Let's pray Simms does a Cadamateri and scores in the derby.