IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He just fits the type of football Dyche is looking to play and it really shows the gap between him and the rest. If we stay up and he stays fit I can see him having a really good season under Dyche.

We need to buy 1 more similar to him and that’s with cannon and simms hopefully kicking on. 

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

Feeling a bitt of topic for the DCL thread, but would our financial mess possibly see us in even more trouble in the Championship? Ie points deductions.  I don't have my head around the financial regs down there, but hear they are more strict. 

Yeah, which is exactly why I've openly ridiculed the idea that going down is just a reset, it's destruction ala Portsmouth, Leeds et Al.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

We need to buy 1 more similar to him and that’s with cannon and simms hopefully kicking on. 

Exactly, I think cannon has a higher ceiling than Simms and we don’t really need 3 target men so if we can get a good offer for him I’d sell him. There’s a few good strikers kicking around in other leagues that look decent.

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Goes to help balance the books. Much like most of the squad. 

I don't see anybody coming in for him he s too injury prone his chance of a big move has gone with his injury record no top club will invest in a player that hardly plays..

10 minutes ago, patto said:

I don't see anybody coming in for him he s too injury prone his chance of a big move has gone with his injury record no top club will invest in a player that hardly plays..

This is probably true, this window and next at least, he needs to put in a season where he’s fit for the best part before his worth rises again.

1 hour ago, patto said:

Really? I can see Spurs going for him to replace Kane or any of the more successful clubs bringing him in as a solid backup. 

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/dominic-calvert-lewin-speaks-openly-26824901

I think it was absolutely disgraceful how so many of our fans questioned his commitment to the club while he was out, saying that he wasn't playing just because he couldn't be arsed and that he didn't want to be playing.

I didn't need to know the man, or hear from him, to know that that couldn't be further from the truth, but for some there always has to be some other reason for things instead of the reality.

He's such a fundamental player for us. 

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/dominic-calvert-lewin-speaks-openly-26824901

I think it was absolutely disgraceful how so many of our fans questioned his commitment to the club while he was out, saying that he wasn't playing just because he couldn't be arsed and that he didn't want to be playing.

I didn't need to know the man, or hear from him, to know that that couldn't be further from the truth, but for some there always has to be some other reason for things instead of the reality.

Where did you see them comments, I can’t remember seeing anything like that said about him on here?

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I must be, I honestly can’t remember seeing anything said about he doesn’t want to play and couldn’t be arsed when he was injured. Hold on my dogs just brought me my stick, I’m told it’s white. 

I’m not sure if it on here, but I was aware of rumours, I took it as that, just a rumour, watching his play he always gives his all.