IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

10 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Great day for you and Palfy, sad day for Everton Football Club

Remember he wasn't forced out he wanted out, he had years on his contract in some ways he forced his move or else he would still be here, because it surely wasn't the money that persuaded the sale.

So no tears from me.

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Now that we've lost our most important midfielder you can add me to the list of people worried about us now.

Sick to death of reading that we're discussing and thinking about making moves. That's fine early in the window but we're into single figures now for how many days are left of the window ffs. We are in a considerably worse position now than we ended the season.

The club of one is getting bigger welcome my friend and I'm sorry that it's not the nicest place to be😉

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

So PSG didn’t come in for him because of how he was playing then? They came in for him because they knew how he was going to play.... after they had bid?

Wow,they have some kind of amazing scouting team. 

Beaming out Captain PeteO! 😉

Bought him on reputation and stats just like we did, plus they have the added bonus of him speaking French. PSG are hardly known for their scouting. What other teams were in for Gana? 

Gana and Kante both had very similar stats, why did Chelsea opt to pay 6x the price for the latter? Because there's more to football than stats. 

8 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Pete learn french and get on the the PSG site I beg u 

How many have even watched him? Fans happy because of his reputation. Give it a season. Just look at how excited we were with Bolasie after his initial impact. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Bought him on reputation and stats just like we did, plus they have the added bonus of him speaking French. PSG are hardly known for their scouting. What other teams were in for Gana? 

Gana and Kante both had very similar stats, why did Chelsea opt to pay 6x the price for the latter? Because there's more to football than stats. 

How many have even watched him? Fans happy because of his reputation. Give it a season. Just look at how excited we were with Bolasie after his initial impact. 

I highly doubt they just bought someone without actually scouting him. Grasping at straws now.

17 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Feel free to explain why Chelsea paid 6x more for a player with the same stats. Or why we bought Keane. 

Just utter utter nonsense time after time...

hes gone now, just let it go and start or practicing for your next target Pete

24 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Feel free to explain why Chelsea paid 6x more for a player with the same stats. Or why we bought Keane. 

Easy.

Gana had a release clause in the event Villa was relegated, and we got him for a steal (and now making a nice profit). Chelsea preferred a more rounded player in Kante (with no release clause) who also just won the league; that doesn't make Gana a bad player. We paid for Keane what both Burnley and us deemed fair.

Still don't understand how having to break the above down for you when it's so obvious why provides any proof that neither us or PSG scouted Gana. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

typical press saying he did more in 90 minutes for PSG than he did in 3 years with us.  Glad to see he's doing well, no need to shit on everton though journos

Who's saying that? I can't find it.

Press and pundits alike said how good he was for us in recent years so I find that a bit odd.