IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

On 19/10/2019 at 09:15, MikeO said:

He didn't play last night (injured) and guess what? They conceded.

Let’s get things into a bit of perspective when it comes to the French league, to say it is like the Scottish league and how Celtic dominate would be an understatement, it’s a joke league dominated by one of the richest teams in the world, they dominated last season and he wasn’t there, or are we saying they are nothing without him, if not what is your point. 

19 hours ago, Palfy said:

Let’s get things into a bit of perspective when it comes to the French league, to say it is like the Scottish league and how Celtic dominate would be an understatement, it’s a joke league dominated by one of the richest teams in the world, they dominated last season and he wasn’t there, or are we saying they are nothing without him, if not what is your point. 

I've made it completely clear what my point is; just flagging up stats that people can make of what they want, not complicated;).

Oh, and two of the clean sheets were in the CL (against the minnows Real Madrid and Galatasary).

On 22/10/2019 at 18:38, MikeO said:

I've made it completely clear what my point is; just flagging up stats that people can make of what they want, not complicated;).

Oh, and two of the clean sheets were in the CL (against the minnows Real Madrid and Galatasary).

That’s fair enough I have obviously misread your post, as if you were trying to imply that since he arrived there he has turned the team into winners that don’t concede, when the reality is they have  completely Dominated in their league for years. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-psg-place-sur-la-liste-des-transferts-idrissa-gueye-sagace-506553

“Paris St-Germain midfielder Idrissa Gueye says he has no intention of leaving, despite the French champions appearing open to the 30-year-old Senegal international's departure. He has been linked with a return to the Premier League, with Wolves and former club Everton interested.”

in a heartbeat. 

• 1 month later...

Missed him massively.  Don't give a shit that he doesn't dribble or pass like xavi or score like Messi.

Absolutely brilliant at what he did, Liverpool fans moaned that Henderson doesn't do the things that more talented players do .... but they know when he's not playing. 

£15m and I would be happy. Yes he's older but for 2 years it would be worth it. 

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

This is all a bit strange isnt it? Why are PSG getting rid of him so quickly?

If he comes back we will just be left with the same problems we had when he was here.

that makes no sense.  we have a different manager, that was the issue was the tactical and gameplan.  we have a solid backline.  the DM is the one position we need, gana the destroyer is exactly what we are missing.  the only issues after getting the DM/gana would be the wingers/left or right midfielders (depending on how pedantic you want to be with our formation, i know some on here swear we don't have wingers so i'll be inclusive in my vernacular).  have you joined the pete and palfy brigade?

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

that makes no sense.  we have a different manager, that was the issue was the tactical and gameplan.  we have a solid backline.  the DM is the one position we need, gana the destroyer is exactly what we are missing.  the only issues after getting the DM/gana would be the wingers/left or right midfielders (depending on how pedantic you want to be with our formation, i know some on here swear we don't have wingers so i'll be inclusive in my vernacular).  have you joined the pete and palfy brigade?

I have never been as carried away on here by some on him. He is an average passer, he can't shoot, he switches off and he gets out of position too regularly. Playing him a 2 man midfield would exacerbate those problems in his game. We need midfielders that have an all round game, not someone who is going to run around tackling everyone in sight. Its hard enough for the other midfielders when we play against a 5 man midfield because it leaves them in a 3 v 2 situation , let alone if Gana gets pulled out of position and leaves the other midfielder on his own.

We definitely miss his energy and his ability to cover ground, in fact that would probably be an understatement, but he isnt the answer to our problems and I would suggest that PSG have found that out if he really is looking to be offloaded.

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Remember last season when Michael Keane kept getting left one on one all the time. Let's bring back the main reason. 

Yeah because the likes of Tom Davies, Gylfi, Gomes, Schiederlin and Delph have done such a sterling job protecting the back 4 in his absence. !

🤪🤪🤪

13 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yeah because the likes of Tom Davies, Gylfi, Gomes, Schiederlin and Delph have done such a sterling job protecting the back 4 in his absence. !

🤪🤪🤪

Have you been as nervous watching us defend? 

The team as a whole is better defensively without him and he offered fuck all going forward.

Amazing how running round like a headless chicken and some tackling stats makes people think m he's any good. 

11 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Have you been as nervous watching us defend? 

The team as a whole is better defensively without him and he offered fuck all going forward.

Amazing how running round like a headless chicken and some tackling stats makes people think m he's any good. 

To be fair I haven’t actually seen us defend at all since the premier league restarted and so I have kind of resigned myself to just accepting that we don’t have a midfield 

Amazing how anyone could watch Villa, Bournemouth, Wolves, Southampton and Spurs just waltz through our midfield in the past  month and still think we were better defensively