IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

What is your training and credentials that make you an expert on what someone finds abusive, I’ve said that the way that was said to me I found and felt abused, are you saying that you know more than me about how I felt about that remark. 

We're just the kinda filth who would enjoy a pint in the brick and don't even notice whether someone swears or not. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

As I’ve said on at least three occasions, I don’t consider clueless abusive.
So if you disagree you should take it to Louis. 

If it's not abusive then why did it get a reaction? Even if you don't believe it to be abusive surely you can see it was to me and palfy. 

Also, seriously that comment you made about the brick ect is shocking, I'm sure that would be against the guidelines as abuse.  Keep looking down though, one day you might change as no one is there looking up. 

16 minutes ago, barryj said:

Is this still going on? 🤷‍♂️ ...... move on! Water under the bridge. This thread is cursed. 

Tbf the water has gone, its someone who wasn't even involved, StevO, who is the reason it's carried on.

Bedford said something me and Palfy weren't happy with, we had a go back. None of us went running to the mods yet StevO has taken it upon himself to start deleting things. No fair warning, and no fairness is what he's deleting. Fucking shocking behaviour. 

45 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Also, seriously that comment you made about the brick ect is shocking, I'm sure that would be against the guidelines as abuse.  Keep looking down though, one day you might change as no one is there looking up. 

The comment about the brick? I just named a few places in the city. How is that shocking? You think that people in different don’t use different terminology? You think phrases that are ok in Liverpool are ok everywhere? Not even sure how you’ve managed to find offence here other than being petulant.

Dont know how you think I’m looking down? This is just getting weird now. 

You clearly have an issue with me and how I do thins, so once again, I won’t change. I’ve done the same things here for a decade. If you have an issue with it the person to speak to is Louis as he owns the site. 

25 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Tbf the water has gone, its someone who wasn't even involved, StevO, who is the reason it's carried on.

Bedford said something me and Palfy weren't happy with, we had a go back. None of us went running to the mods yet StevO has taken it upon himself to start deleting things. No fair warning, and no fairness is what he's deleting. Fucking shocking behaviour. 

You’ve been here long enough, you’re grown men, shouldn’t need a warning about the things you say. Just follow the rules like 99% of the people do 99% of the time. It’s not hard. 

12 hours ago, StevO said:

The comment about the brick? I just named a few places in the city. How is that shocking? You think that people in different don’t use different terminology? You think phrases that are ok in Liverpool are ok everywhere? Not even sure how you’ve managed to find offence here other than being petulant.

Dont know how you think I’m looking down? This is just getting weird now. 

You clearly have an issue with me and how I do thins, so once again, I won’t change. I’ve done the same things here for a decade. If you have an issue with it the person to speak to is Louis as he owns the site. 

Looks like a lot of PSG fans don have  clue either haha.

Or they are just smarter than us? They knew he wasn’t a technical mid, and never expected him to be. But the easily recognised his strengths in a balanced side. 
This is why I think for the right price it would be sound gamble. Carlo can surely set up a balanced team with a few additions.

Though I would still like to see others as targets first. 

Thanks for that Bailey.

• 8 months later...
33 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Not a good night for him!

I watched the second half and he almost never wanted to get on the ball, City were playing it around his press and after giving away the freekick for the winning goal, he got himself sent off with a really clumsy challenge.

BBC said he was brilliant first half though, didn't watch so just saying.

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

Not a good night for him!

I watched the second half and he almost never wanted to get on the ball, City were playing it around his press and after giving away the freekick for the winning goal, he got himself sent off with a really clumsy challenge.

That’s the Gana I remember, he’d be late for his own funeral. I watched mainly because some were saying they were watching Ligue 1 football and he was killing it. 
Let’s see how he performs in the next leg, oh nearly forgot he won’t be there because of yesterday’s poor challenges, very erratic indeed that’s what we had and that’s what you get when he plays the highest level of football which is the PL. 

Hopefully that will be the last game I have to witness him playing in🤞😉

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Simple fact we’d be top 4 if he was still here. 

Probably this season to be fair. We’ve been very unlucky replacing him as he was so important- Gbamin would have hopefully done the job but we all know what happened there. Look at Leicester after Kante - they got Ndidi in and looked a top team again when he was settled but often struggled in his absence and for large periods when he was adjusting to the new league. I do think it would have been similar for us with Gbamin and he’d have eventually looked like an upgrade but we’ll never know.

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

BBC said he was brilliant first half though, didn't watch so just saying.

He may well have been and that is why I thought I better make it clear it was second half that I watched. I wouldn't call the BBC a reliable source though!

14 hours ago, Btay said:

First half was good. Was a bad tackle, he acknowledged straight away - we’ve all seen enough of him to know he isn’t a dirty player.

Yeh it was definitely clumsy rather than malicious. Like the challenge for the goal, it was just unnecessary and he got drawn into it.

13 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Simple fact we’d be top 4 if he was still here.  What a player.  I should have got a gana kit top.

We weren't top 4 when he was here and PSG with him are having a poor season. As far as "simple facts" go, that is a stretch.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

He may well have been and that is why I thought I better make it clear it was second half that I watched. I wouldn't call the BBC a reliable source though!

Yeh it was definitely clumsy rather than malicious. Like the challenge for the goal, it was just unnecessary and he got drawn into it.

We weren't top 4 when he was here and PSG with him are having a poor season. As far as "simple facts" go, that is a stretch.

we didn't have the players we have now, simple fact.  with the current players and gana we'd be lethal.