IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’ll say it again; I would hope we’ve more than fucking identified who to replace him with when there’s only a couple of weeks of the window left and we’ve known since January he was going. 

Fucks sake. 

Agreed, unless identified means in a Whatsapp chat with player and agent,  have work permit in hand or personnel department has his bank routing info....I'd be a bit distraught. 

26 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’ll say it again; I would hope we’ve more than fucking identified who to replace him with when there’s only a couple of weeks of the window left and we’ve known since January he was going. 

Fucks sake. 

Right there with you.

44 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We have without doubt sourced replacements already. It is just some BS article trying to get hits by making up names. 

Regarding Bakayoko he was just all over the place at Chelsea, no discipline at all. 

was it due to tactics and bad management or the player wasn't used to the prem or what?  he was fantastic for monaco, my thought is a heavy hand telling him what to do might be needed and from interviews Marco seems able to get his ideas across.  Might be worth a reclamation project if he's cheap.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

was it due to tactics and bad management or the player wasn't used to the prem or what?  he was fantastic for monaco, my thought is a heavy hand telling him what to do might be needed and from interviews Marco seems able to get his ideas across.  Might be worth a reclamation project if he's cheap.

He just makes lots of bad decisions in a disciplined side... think it was Conte that signed him so I dont think Silva will have a heavier hand! 

I didnt watch him for Monaco so I dont know how good or bad he was there but he didnt look to suit the league, a bit like the issues with Pogba at Utd but with a much more limited player.

41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He just makes lots of bad decisions in a disciplined side... think it was Conte that signed him so I dont think Silva will have a heavier hand! 

I didnt watch him for Monaco so I dont know how good or bad he was there but he didnt look to suit the league, a bit like the issues with Pogba at Utd but with a much more limited player.

Haha great point on conte.  Well then maybe he’s a pass and it’s one of the other ones.  

He wanted to go and got his way in the end no wonder Silva was in such a shitty mood, not only did we get a tonking and look toothless up front once again he new he was losing another player as well. 

This for me will prove a blessing, I believe with a MF who has more than one side to his game we will improve enormously as team when we are in possession of the ball. 

I bare him no ill feelings and thank him for his time here and wish him well for the future, so only time will tell now if he will be missed, someone posted a few weeks back that if he left we would finish below 15th, I think the biggest loss from last season is Zouma and if we was to finish lower next season I would attribute it more to the loss of him than the loss of Gana. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

It will never happen though will it, no big teams will ever come in for him 🙄

Teams implies there's more than one stupid enough. Only one on for him isn't bigger than us and has the likes of Choupo-Moting on the bench. 

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

And Mbappe and Cavani up front. 

Dani Alves   RB
Juan Bernat   LB
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting   CF
Christopher Nkunku CM
Colin Dagba RB
Loïc Mbe Soh CB
Sébastien Cibois GK

They have a good first eleven but gana won't be in it, he'll be on the bench with a bunch of unknowns. Personally only heard of Alves who's been let go as he's no longer good enough and Choupo-Moting who hardly lit the Championship up.