IGNORED

Norwich City (League Cup Home) Tuesday September 20th

markjazzbassist

The difference is that their lad took the shot on when he had the time and space and ours didn't. That was the most frustrating thing about today, a reluctance to pull the trigger.

Yeah, exactly. Far too much messing around instead of just putting laces through when the opportunity was there.

I don't want to go directly at Barkley, but for a player who is supposed to be 2 footed...well, that brain needs to be a lot quicker.

How the fuck is it ridiculous?

I don't know where you were sat but people were nearly coming to blows by me. Barkley was crucified again and Gerry was getting the same treatment

Surely that's the fault of grown men in the stands rather than anything else? So basically, anytime we lose this season, the atmosphere is going to go sour and fans are going to fight amongst themselves?

Think I'll swerve introducing my little lad to that.

Back to reality no one good enough to fill Roms boots surly Koeman should have seen we urgently needed a big name striker and made that his priority in the transfer window instead he wasted his time chasing a midfielder who didn't want to come here and I hope no one's going to say Valencia was that player.

Really pissed off

I respect how you feel, but I think you'll feel differently tomorrow when you've calmed down a bit. Sure it'd be nice to have gone through, but we played better than Norwich, they had 2 shots and they both went in (one of them very luckily), and sometimes shit like this happens. There's no need to call the manager a "stupid Dutch prick" or to say the "doom and gloom" of the later Martinez era is back. We're going to do very well this season, it's obvious.

Yeah fair enough, I'm probably just as fuming with myself for believing we had a manager who was going to actually try and win this trophy

As for the doom and gloom I can assure you it was well and truly back in the section of the ground I sit in

The difference is that their lad took the shot on when he had the time and space and ours didn't. That was the most frustrating thing about today, a reluctance to pull the trigger.

Barkley's a big problem in this regard. If we judge by how he plays, he prefers tricky-dribbles past at least 3 opponents over scoring goals. That can't be literally true, but it's how he plays, more often than not. Koeman referred to this once early in the season (might have been pre-season), so I'd guess today's performance by Ross will not sit well with the manager.

I can't claim Barkley was the only "reluctant" today, but he apparently passed up several obvious opportunities. Too frustrating.

Back to reality no one good enough to fill Roms boots surly Koeman should have seen we urgently needed a big name striker and made that his priority in the transfer window instead he wasted his time chasing a midfielder who didn't want to come here and I hope no one's going to say Valencia was that player.

Really pissed off

How the fuck is it ridiculous?

I don't know where you were sat but people were nearly coming to blows by me. Barkley was crucified again and Gerry was getting the same treatment

I'd wager he was sat at home. Nothing less than I expected to be honest. Seen the line up and it had shite all over it.

Surely that's the fault of grown men in the stands rather than anything else? So basically, anytime we lose this season, the atmosphere is going to go sour and fans are going to fight amongst themselves?

Think I'll swerve introducing my little lad to that.

I'm not condoning the behaviour, far from it, I had my 9 year old daughter with me and I don't want her seeing that shite

It's another reason I hate this competition, most sensible season ticket holders swerve it and so you end up sitting next to some right tit who just comes to hurl abuse at Barkley or whatever player he dislikes rather than get behind the team

That's when things start kicking off amongst our own fans

I'm not condoning the behaviour, far from it, I had my 9 year old daughter with me and I don't want her seeing that shite

It's another reason I hate this competition, most sensible season ticket holders swerve it and so you end up sitting next to some right tit who just comes to hurl abuse at Barkley or whatever player he dislikes rather than get behind the team

That's when things start kicking off amongst our own fans

Ah I get you.

Many won't like this, but I'll restate what I wrote last year: The League Cup is worthless. The prize money is next to nothing. The prestige is next to nothing. It is anything but strategic to any team of note (which is why there are so many "upsets"). It's a major distraction from doing well in the Prem. Once we're over the pain of losing to a Championship second team, we'll realize this was a blessing in disguise.

Many won't like this, but I'll restate what I wrote last year: The League Cup is worthless. The prize money is next to nothing. The prestige is next to nothing. It is anything but strategic to any team of note (which is why there are so many "upsets"). It's a major distraction from doing well in the Prem. Once we're over the pain of losing to a Championship second team, we'll realize this was a blessing in disguise.

Yeah fuck winning a trophy and getting into Europe, why would anyone want that shit when you could finish mid table and not be able to attract players?

As you do, you come from a 'business' point of view.

As an Evertonian, I genuinely want to win this cup! We've never won it. I'd love to win it. Actually, when you've won one cup in 30 odd years...this little bugger would be hugely welcomed!

Yes, from a 'business' point of view it's low priority. But for fans...don't underestimate how much we'd like to win it.

I actually take a bit of perverse pleasure in us never winning it and go along with Steve's view to a point. Certainly it's a route into a European competition (that most clubs don't want to be in) but it's also always for me, even more so in recent years, been the Mickey Mouse Cup. We've had five goes at winning the final (replays included) and it seems it's just not to be.

The fact that Liverpool have won the thing more times than anyone else just devalues it further, big congrats on winning the trophy where everyone plays their reserves!

I realise we want our day at Wembley, I'm lucky enough to have them in my locker, but I've just come to terms with the fact that if I live to 150 we're never going to win this thing. We move on.

Ha ha just when I was starting to calm down I read that people are turning their noses up at the thought of winning any trophy after we've gone 21 years without silverware

And then I also remember Koeman actually started with Mori at left back tonight

Think I will go to bed and pretend tonight never happened

And then I also remember Koeman actually started with Mori at left back tonight.

I was happy with our lineup, believed those starters should and would win, especially against a Championship team with far more changes from their previous match, a whole new lineup.

But I was very surprised to see Funes Mori at LB. My first thought was 3 at the back (Holgate, Williams, Funes Mori), with Coleman and, uh, Cleverley at wings, and, uh......... Strange, FM, at LB.

As you do, you come from a 'business' point of view.

As an Evertonian, I genuinely want to win this cup! We've never won it. I'd love to win it. Actually, when you've won one cup in 30 odd years...this little bugger would be hugely welcomed!

Yes, from a 'business' point of view it's low priority. But for fans...don't underestimate how much we'd like to win it.

^ I agree with what this bloody wanker said.

Setting aside personal feelings about the "value" of this cup, I guess what worries me (without seeing this game) is WTF happened to this new EFC side? I Hope this isn't a sign of things to come. A loss is a loss - I don't give a crepe if its a friendly or a final, we need to show we can score goals and shut down opponents. Sum'n'bitch. Sum'n'bitch. Sum'n'bitches.

Setting aside personal feelings about the "value" of this cup, I guess what worries me (without seeing this game) is WTF happened to this new EFC side? I Hope this isn't a sign of things to come. A loss is a loss - I don't give a crepe if its a friendly or a final, we need to show we can score goals and shut down opponents. Sum'n'bitch. Sum'n'bitch. Sum'n'bitches.

It was a side of backups. Coleman stek Williams Gana Barkley the only starters. That means half the team were backups. Nothing to worry about just shows that we don't have the depth we think.

Lennon and funes Mori could find themselves gone in the near future as they don't fit Koemans style of play.

A bit of emotion clearly on here from last night.

I would be angry having paid to watch that last night too.

On the other hand that team on the pitch last night should have been good enough to beat any championship side. Especially a side that had made 10 changes.

I was annoyed last night but not pissed off. Naisy goal a fluke and the other a worldly. It's not as if they played us off the park.

I will take take this loss on the chin if it means 7 points from the next 3 games.

Remember guy's we are now title challengers so we don't need this cup ;-)