IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

The funeral is due next Sunday or Monday, if it's Sunday then I'd say weekend games will definitely be off.  If Monday it'll probably be their call.

If both weeks are cancelled then he might not miss any Premier league games and DCL could be back for the next game!

The league could ill afford 2 games being pushed back though.

24 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

The funeral is due next Sunday or Monday, if it's Sunday then I'd say weekend games will definitely be off.  If Monday it'll probably be their call.

If both weeks are cancelled then he might not miss any Premier league games and DCL could be back for the next game!

On that Sunday night, I shall be flying Copenhagen. Thank goodness I chose not to fly via Heathrow. 

8 hours ago, FairWooney said:

I guess the funeral will be on a weekday especially if it's made a public holiday.

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

It's going to be a tough decision to play next weekends fixtures just before the funeral.

I can’t see any way the games can be played if the funeral is on Monday. There is no way the police could handle any games in London they will be pulling in manpower from all over the country to deal with the state funeral

14 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I can’t see any way the games can be played if the funeral is on Monday. There is no way the police could handle any games in London they will be pulling in manpower from all over the country to deal with the state funeral

We could resource it, as football is not that resource heavy.  Most of the fixtures would be on a Saturday, some officers would be needed Sunday night to secure the route and key areas. Monday would be the big day.

There may be some mutual aid but we have planned this for years. But yes it would be a stretch. 

37 minutes ago, London Blue said:

We could resource it, as football is not that resource heavy.  Most of the fixtures would be on a Saturday, some officers would be needed Sunday night to secure the route and key areas. Monday would be the big day.

There may be some mutual aid but we have planned this for years. But yes it would be a stretch. 

What would you know :shakingfist:

:unsure:

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Believe me I’ve spent many hours practising for this myself so I know how well drilled and prepared everybody will be but there will thousands and thousands of extra tourists and people from all over the UK who will want to be in London to see this and the vast majority won’t just pitch up on the day

Then you have Brentford v Arsenal and Chelsea v The Shite on Sunday evening, I just can’t see it happening

Apart from the logistical nightmare for the police do the FA and the FPL really want to risk letting The Shite play live on Sky and have their fans booing the National Anthem on the eve of the Queens funeral?

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63049347

Who will be Pickford's deputy?

Surely the questions over Jordan Pickford's status as England's premier goalkeeper have now been shut down.

The Everton keeper, outstanding for the last 18 months, has still had his position debated despite not having made a mistake leading to a goal in 45 England appearances.

England have conceded eight goals in the three games he has not played in and his importance has actually increased during his absence as his value is perhaps now being recognised.

Arsenal's Aaron Ramsdale and Nick Pope are vying to be his deputy but the Newcastle United keeper's uncertainty with the ball at his feet against Italy and Germany did not help his cause and his fumble which gifted Kai Havertz a late equaliser at Wembley was a desperate moment for him.

Ah the old “which goalkeeper are we going to shit on and praise the others” is now in Jordan’s favour cos pope made an error last night.

I just generally laugh at the whole bollocks of it all. I really don’t see how playing for that nob of a manager and the media spotlight is beneficial to any keeper. 

the amount of people point scoring over pope last night was a joke. He’s a good keeper, so is Pickford, so is ramsdale. But whoever gets the shirt will have to put up with crap.  Wait till Pickford plays and makes mistakes, you will get calls for the other 2 keepers and Newcastle fans and Arsenal fans take to twitter to act like 10 year olds. 

too many Everton fans are arsed over having Englands number 1…. Yep so they can follow esteemed predecessors like Rob Green, Paul Robinson, Chris Kirkland, David James, Joe Hart, who got pelters galore and ruined. 

I’d sooner Everton be the main focus of our players and I’m quite happy for Coady and Tarks to be away from that shit show.  Having England’s number 1 or number 9 doesn’t go on our honours list….

Pickford is keeper gold at the moment not just here but in Europe as well, I can see some offers coming in for him in the Jan window which we will turn down, but unless we make some big strides this season I can see him going in the summer. And I wouldn’t blame him he’s an ambitious player with a world class talent who should be playing at the top of his profession. 

56 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Pickford is keeper gold at the moment not just here but in Europe as well, I can see some offers coming in for him in the Jan window which we will turn down, but unless we make some big strides this season I can see him going in the summer. And I wouldn’t blame him he’s an ambitious player with a world class talent who should be playing at the top of his profession. 

Any club that wants to bid the sort of money that he could fetch will be welcomed IMO. Cos he could get bids around £70m 

world class shot stopper and those saves will get the sort of bids we would be daft to decline. Too many other areas of his game where he isn’t rounded enough - positioning, prescence/command of area being the main ones. The fact that we look more calmer with Begovic in certain situations reinforces this. 

id be happy to keep him but if we get an offer that allows us to strengthen all round then I’m all for it. 

I read someone saying that he is nearing Neville Southall levels the other week…. Turns out the person was in their 20’s. I’m 46 and I was lucky to get to see him in 84-88 when he was at his prime and I need to be clear - Pickford if he improved 30% may get near Nigel Martyn levels and Nigel Martyn was some 30% behind southall. Martyn was some keeper, we got him too late and he was still class. 

Pickford is at the level Tim Howard was at imo.