IGNORED

Diego Costa

Just now, Matt said:

He’d destroy the dressing room, it’d be Etoo all over again

Im not sure he would. Does he have a history of that? The only time I’m aware of him causing problems at a club was after Chelsea sent him a text to say he wouldn’t be needed. 

21 minutes ago, StevO said:

Im not sure he would. Does he have a history of that? The only time I’m aware of him causing problems at a club was after Chelsea sent him a text to say he wouldn’t be needed. 

He has a history of being a drama queen, self obsessed twat. 

Reading one rumour site whose editor is really clued up seems to think Moroshi is taking third party advice on costa but it may upset brands and Silva. I don’t believe he would do that if brands is on the board he must have given him full control over transfer a after the last regime 

Moshiri hired brands to set up and deliver a coherent transfer and player development system, I don't think he is stupid or arrogant enough to  circumvent it. 

I don't think Brands would tolerate it either.

Personally I don't want him here, I think he is a short term signing who would eat up allot of our wage budget, and I would doubt his ability to fit into the squad we are building.

11 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Moshiri hired brands to set up and deliver a coherent transfer and player development system, I don't think he is stupid or arrogant enough to  circumvent it. 

I don't think Brands would tolerate it either.

Personally I don't want him here, I think he is a short term signing who would eat up allot of our wage budget, and I would doubt his ability to fit into the squad we are building.

He’s also been underwhelming on the field the last couple years. If we were going to make a high risk move like this we’d want to be very sure we were getting the goals. 

Five goals in two seasons? Or have I read that wrong? I want Leao at Lille or Kean from Juve. Decent money around £30 mill for either. Sell Niasse and Tosun which will leave us with DCL and Charley can cover if need be. Clear out stek, McCarthy, Besic, Mirallas, either of Walcott or Lookman. The dream would be Neres on the wing or Malcolm and Zouma at the back with a full back. 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Five goals in two seasons? Or have I read that wrong? I want Leao at Lille or Kean from Juve. Decent money around £30 mill for either. Sell Niasse and Tosun which will leave us with DCL and Charley can cover if need be. Clear out stek, McCarthy, Besic, Mirallas, either of Walcott or Lookman. The dream would be Neres on the wing or Malcolm and Zouma at the back with a full back. 

Yep Kean or Leao for me as well. Some squad that would be.

17 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He’s end up in China.

I agree - he’ll get paid millions and millions there. Thought he was great a couple of years ago but he hasn’t done a lot since going back to Atletico - is the fitness/ hunger still there? All points to China IMO.

28 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I agree - he’ll get paid millions and millions there. Thought he was great a couple of years ago but he hasn’t done a lot since going back to Atletico - is the fitness/ hunger still there? All points to China IMO.

I wonder if he’ll hide in Brazil again and bitch about his current club until he gets a move. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Dont know if this has already been posted somewhere but if it hasnt then it may help explain why the money might not be readily available: 

https://theesk.org/2019/07/07/the-more-things-change-the-more-they-stay-the-same/

Walsh fucked it up big time.  We all knew that.  We all knew the squad was too big and we needed to get rid of the dead wood.  There’s still a long window but as I said many times before, I only expected us to sign Gomes and maybe a striker plus some cheap young players for the future or u23.  I expected and still do expect this summer to be more about clearing out of players which could feasibly Solve the issue Esk talks about.  McCarthy Morgan Tosun Mirallas Bolasie Besic Pennington Tarashaj all could be sold and it wouldn’t affect the first team.  Some small money in there but James Morgan and tosun could get some decent quid.