IGNORED

Atalanta (Europa Group Home) Thursday November 23rd

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, badaids said:

I'm going to the match with a mate who is a season ticket holder.  He reckons that Southampton are shit AND in the shit, but they can do us.  He says that many want Koeman back at the club and can't believe that he signed Cuco Martina, who was a joke at Saints, for us.  He's delighted that Niasse won't be playing.

They will now. The atmosphere in that changing room will be toxic. Players know when other players are bottling it and not pulling their weight. We have too many, it pulls everyone else down. That last ten minutes, no spirit, no leadership, players looking round blaming each other. At one point Feeney had the ball and threw his arms out in frustration coz no one was showing for him. He's 18 for ffs! 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

There has to be a big clear out in January. Some of these players aren't worth the wages, they're just going to drag the club down

More than some

I'd love to know what really is happening at Everton.

Why did Moshiri only buy 49.9% of the club?

What role does Walsh actually play?

Why is Elstone anywhere near the club still?

How come the only players (Pickford aside) that are performing are youth players?

5 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Missed the 2nd half having to sort some family stuff out. Just seen the score. Fuck me.

Sorry Unsworth but you're losing any bit of support. We can't have results like this.

What the fuck has happened to us. I get more bewildered each week.

Can't blame him for being lumbered with the dross that is Cuco, Williams, and Keane. Every goal was too easy. 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Can't blame him for being lumbered with the dross that is Cuco, Williams, and Keane. Every goal was too easy. 

Oh Yeah, for sure. I understand that. But he's the man now taking training and directing them.

I don't at all blame him for it all, but he'll be honest enough himself to say it wasn't, or isn't, good enough.

Just watched the goals. Jesus. That backline really needs to be sorted.

6 hours ago, jofanon said:

More than some

I'd love to know what really is happening at Everton.

Why did Moshiri only buy 49.9% of the club?

What role does Walsh actually play?

Why is Elstone anywhere near the club still?

How come the only players (Pickford aside) that are performing are youth players?

Something has gone badly wrong since Moshiri came in. My worry is that he hasn't got the ability, inclination, guts or money to sort it out. 

Manager wise, who would take this knowing that 7 or 8 of our senior squad are unelectable on current form, without the promise of massive funds in January? 

19 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I think money IS the problem. You've got Williams on £75k a week, Bolasie on £80k a week, Schneiderlin on £120 fucking thousand a week.

Gylfi Sigurdsson on fucking £150,000, Klaassen on £100,000, Sandro on £120,000.

What an absolute travesty when players like Barkley are on £40k, Coleman on £38k.

Tom Davies is on £6k and Calvert Lewin is on £2.5k.

And there you see the disharmony in the squad. There are a bunch of new signings earning double or triple of what their team mates are earning and performing nowhere near to that value. Is it any surprise that Barkley wants to fuck off.

Is that true about Barkley's wage? 

If those wages are true, then that’s an absolute travesty. It also shows something is going on deep inside the club.

i do t agree with the Moshiri knows nothing about Football shouts as I think he is more of a business man. In that respect the club is moving forward. No one would have predicted Koeman was going to fail so badly.

whoever is to blame for signings has to take responsibility as they have been awful.

pickford is a good signing. Worst is that Cuco is the next best! 

Keane is surely living off his fathers name. Haven’t seen such a weak defender in our ranks for decades. 

Klaassen looks the most average player to have stepped out for us in years. A Naismith downgrade.

Hope for Siggy after the weekend at least.

If the disparity in the wages is correct, it doesn't take a genius to see that's wrong, your earning £100k a week and can't be sacked, there's absolutely no incentive to work hard, especially if your over 30 years old, take it easy and earn the dosh, while the youngsters work hard and put all the effort in for for a fraction, maybe Spurs have it right?

4 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Spurs do have it right. Nobody can compete with the money that Man City, man Utd and Chelsea are spending. With 6 teams vying for 4 CL places it's a hiding to nothing.

Everton have a bit of money, a lot more than the rest of the league. We should be consolidating ourselves into the top 8 on a regular basis and trying to win a trophy somewhere.

Europa League is NOT a viable route into the Champions League for us. The Europa League is for Champions League drop outs to carry on in Europe and save their selves from embarrassment

There are a few teams round Europe we should be looking at and asking 'why aren't we doing that?' Sevilla and Napoli, clubs that have forced their way into the elite in their respective countries, as Spurs have done here. All three of those clubs have done that through excellent recruitment. Then the other model is Athletic Bilbao, in recent times Monaco, relying on youth development, and just as importantly, outstanding talent spotting. 

At the moment we don't have a viable route to the CL. The reason the Europa matters to a club like us is it dangles the carrot of European football to up and coming players, or those whose star has fallen and have a point to prove. The way we have fucked up in Europe this year will set us back several years in our ambitions as a club. 

21 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

http://sillyseason.com/salary/everton-fc-players-salaries-101493/

I can only go off what I can find but it seems accurate from what has been reported on other individual wages when they have been put in the press.

Have to say I'm not sure about the source but if there is any grain of truth in that, we've lost the plot. Coleman on £38k while Klaassen and Sandro are on £100k?? If that's true, we've been taken for absolute mugs. And the players will have known straight away, from the first training session - hang on, you're shit, why are you on three times the wage I am?? No wonder there's no team spirit! 

Plus we've fucked ourselves going forward. Every player coming up for a new contract will expect £100k, and if they don't get it will be entitled to walk. Barkley being the first. 

19 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Indeed. I've been hugely disappointed with Keane, he's been a fish out of water. He gets done on the turn far too easily. He has one good attribute and that is that he can defend headers 

He is getting found out for not playing as part of such a compact defence. For Burnley he was never 1 v 1, always protected by the system!

18 hours ago, badaids said:

I'm going to the match with a mate who is a season ticket holder.  He reckons that Southampton are shit AND in the shit, but they can do us.  He says that many want Koeman back at the club and can't believe that he signed Cuco Martina, who was a joke at Saints, for us.  He's delighted that Niasse won't be playing.

My Soton season ticket holder mate says exactly the same. The saving grace for us is that they can' score but I can' see us keeping a clean sheet.