IGNORED

Yerry Mina

Announced that tomorrow is his last game.

Scoring the winner then!

Shame he's made of paper. He's a big personality for us. I personally don't mind his shit housery on the pitch. We tend to be soft fuckers so it's good to have him around.

Wonder how much money we've lost through these end of contract leavers? Feels like we rarely get anything back.

5 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Wonder how much money we've lost through these end of contract leavers? Feels like we rarely get anything back.

Between his transfer fee and his wages, at least £50m spent on him. Add in any agents fees and all the other rubbish that goes in, I’d say another £10m. Throw in that he missed so many games over the length of his contract, another £10m maybe? 
Bloody expensive. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Between his transfer fee and his wages, at least £50m spent on him. Add in any agents fees and all the other rubbish that goes in, I’d say another £10m. Throw in that he missed so many games over the length of his contract, another £10m maybe? 
Bloody expensive. 

Why do you add money for the missed games? surely that's covered in the wages. Actually might be less if he had appearance add ons.

no doubt he's been expensive for the return, just questioning the math:

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Bloody expensive. 

Another way of looking at it is if his goal at Wolves proves to be a decisive point that keeps us from relegation, then his 50+million will look very cheap compared to what we will get for future seasons in the PL Every cloud ⛅️ and all that malarkey. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Bloody expensive. 

Yeah. I didn't mean just Mina...all of them over the last few years. Seems to be a fair few we've spent good money on, they've been shit, loaned out and left at end of their contract.

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Why do you add money for the missed games? surely that's covered in the wages. Actually might be less if he had appearance add ons.

no doubt he's been expensive for the return, just questioning the math:

Because missed games cost the club. Other players have to be available to play, those players are expensive. We’ve had so many centre halves in the team during Yerry’s five years at the club. So I think that’s worth taking into account. 

But either way it’s looked at, for leas than 100 games in five years, he’s cost us a fucking fortune. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Another way of looking at it is if his goal at Wolves proves to be a decisive point that keeps us from relegation, then his 50+million will look very cheap compared to what we will get for future seasons in the PL Every cloud ⛅️ and all that malarkey. 

Could say the same about Maupay. Got us three points against West Ham. 

26 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I would say I will miss him, but Im not sure he plays enough to miss! 

I think he is a great player though and I love his character. Hopefully we can find another South American shithouse to replace him that can actually stay fit! 

Based on what?

Best of luck to him. Cracking personality, defensive liability who scores 1-2 important goals once a season. Shame his body let's him down so often and I can really empathise with that. 

Pretty much as above, Yerry is our best centre back when fit but he just struggles to do so. If he could give us 30 games a season he would be fantastic, knowing our luck he'll go elsewhere and not miss a game :lol:. Hope he goes out with a bang today and will be remembered as scoring the goal against Wolves that could literally have kept us up.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I still think he is our best CB when fit, he just isn’t fit often enough so it’s absolutely the right decision to let him go

Just hope he goes out on a high today

Again, based on what? 

I'm not trying to have a go at anyone, I'm genuinely baffled how anyone has made an opinion of his abilities since he's barely played. The only other logic I can think of is that people think the others are sooo bad that by default he's the least shit defender. But even that makes no sense to me.

Anyway, here's hoping he gets a hattrick and a clean sheet. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Again, based on what? 

I'm not trying to have a go at anyone, I'm genuinely baffled how anyone has made an opinion of his abilities since he's barely played. The only other logic I can think of is that people think the others are sooo bad that by default he's the least shit defender. But even that makes no sense to me.

Anyway, here's hoping he gets a hattrick and a clean sheet. 

He played most of the games under Ancelotti if you take a look, and was our best CB in them games, he’s definitely our best CB when fit and has proven it under Ancelotti, as others have said just can’t keep injury free for any length of time in the last couple of years. We could be having this same conversation about DCL in a couple of years. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He played most of the games under Ancelotti if you take a look, and was our best CB in them games, he’s definitely our best CB when fit and has proven it under Ancelotti, as others have said just can’t keep injury free for any length of time in the last couple of years. We could be having this same conversation about DCL in a couple of years. 

33 including cups. 

98 appearances in all competitions for us, over 5 years. I'd cautiously remove 10 of them with him going off injured and costing us a sub too.

I still just don't get it. But I guess it's irrelevant now and I need to find different distractions for the day.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

33 including cups. 

98 appearances in all competitions for us, over 5 years. I'd cautiously remove 10 of them with him going off injured and costing us a sub too.

I still just don't get it. But I guess it's irrelevant now and I need to find different distractions for the day.

The statistics would certainly suggest as much: with Mina in the side last season, Everton won five, drew three and lost three, a win rate of 45 per cent. They averaged 1.6 points per game and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game when he was on the pitch. 

Without him, that win rate dropped from 45 per cent to 22 per cent. Goals conceded per game rose to 1.9 and points per game was halved to 0.8

That was no strange anomaly. Everton won 56.5 per cent of the 23 Premier League games Mina started in 2020-21, taking an average of 1.9 points per game. Average goals against was just over 1.

In the games he missed? A 27 per cent win rate and 1.5 goals conceded per game.

it’s been this way since he’s been here.  If he was injury free he would be at a bigger club. Simple as that. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The statistics would certainly suggest as much: with Mina in the side last season, Everton won five, drew three and lost three, a win rate of 45 per cent. They averaged 1.6 points per game and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game when he was on the pitch. 

Without him, that win rate dropped from 45 per cent to 22 per cent. Goals conceded per game rose to 1.9 and points per game was halved to 0.8

That was no strange anomaly. Everton won 56.5 per cent of the 23 Premier League games Mina started in 2020-21, taking an average of 1.9 points per game. Average goals against was just over 1.

In the games he missed? A 27 per cent win rate and 1.5 goals conceded per game.

it’s been this way since he’s been here.  If he was injury free he would be at a bigger club. Simple as that. 

It's just such a small sample size though, the stats are not really enough to go on for me.

190 league games have happened in his time, cant be arsed working out how many cup games we played without him. He's maybe gotten through 80. 

Anyways, he's going. Good luck to him.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

It's just such a small sample size though. 190 league games have happened in his time, cant be arsed working out how many cup games we played without him. He's maybe gotten through 80. 

Anyways, he's going. Good luck to him.

Fact is, we play better when he’s fit, he’s fit right now, he’s playing and for that reason I’m happy. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Based on what?

Best of luck to him. Cracking personality, defensive liability who scores 1-2 important goals once a season. Shame his body let's him down so often and I can really empathise with that. 

If he could play the same amount of games a Keane or Tarkowski would, not only would you see a much better player but you would see a much better team. 

Massive personality too which is something this side lacks on the pitch.

Huge presence on the pitch. Huge.

I always say you can make up for having less talent than 'the top' by having a bigger, more influential character.

This guy is massive for us. You see it on the training ground videos. You see it on the pitch and how he fears no one.

Shame about his injury record.

Wish him well 👏👏👏

Please stay for another 2 years. Was the motm imo led by example and backed his team mates up. We are going to miss you Yerry thank you for sharing part of your career with us, some might not realise it and some may disagree but we’ve been blessed to have you as one of us🙏

If only he could’ve stayed fit, eh? One of the most awkward players on the pitch, but I love his demeanor. He gets in opponents’ heads, and that is huge. It wasn’t always pretty, but I was a lot more comfortable with him than the other CB’s. Wish him well like others.