IGNORED

Malcom

56 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Bolasie shouldn’t be an option in any circumstances. Even if we don’t find a club stupid enough to take him he should be nowhere near any match day squads. 

Bolassie is on £100k a week..... he needs selling immediately. No subs should be on that money, Walcott, Bolassie, Schneiderlein (let's see if he has changed first), niasse, tosun, all earn mega money. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Bolasie shouldn’t be an option in any circumstances. Even if we don’t find a club stupid enough to take him he should be nowhere near any match day squads. 

He's got the Niasse factor, so shite he's unpredictable but it somehow works. Not saying he should start but he'd be an okay option from the bench when we're struggling to break teams down. He's also got a great work ethic which would be useful during training, help keep up the pace. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He's got the Niasse factor, so shite he's unpredictable but it somehow works. Not saying he should start but he'd be an okay option from the bench when we're struggling to break teams down. He's also got a great work ethic which would be useful during training, help keep up the pace. 

But it didn't work. He did nothing here. He's not an okay option at all. He's got the Niasse factor? What kind of an argument is that? He's shit too.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He’s just shite. I can predict he’ll be shit again. And again. And again. 

2 hours ago, sibdane said:

But it didn't work. He did nothing here. He's not an okay option at all. He's got the Niasse factor? What kind of an argument is that? He's shit too.

1 goal and 4 assists in a first 13 before injuring himself (trying to hard). Me and a couple of others thought he went off the boil his last couple before the injury but the majority were raving about him at the time. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Having four wingers is ideal for two places. Richarlison, Bernard, Malcolm and Theo would give us a lot of options. We’ve not had that many players of that quality all at the same time. 

Bit different with 10s as there is only one space, two being ideal. 

Sounds like a big luxury though when we are short upfront, central defence, right back etc?

i actually agree with pete, if we let lookman go have bolasie as the 4th winger.  theo will be the one to get on most of the time, or tosun and we go 442, i doubt he would even see much time.  he was loaned to a belgian league side for heaven's sake!  it's not like we are going to get much for a sale or loan.  he's 30 years old, i think we are stuck with that contract sadly.  he works hard and is a big guy, he could be a nice change of pace from theo/bernard/richarlison.

9 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Please no...

Would you bother to buy a second choice winger? And if you did, who do you buy to play second fiddle that is bette than Theo? And if you do, how much do you spend on him? And how much do you get back for Theo?

or just have a decent option there that isn’t half as bad as made out, but seems to be the whipping boy. 

10 hours ago, StevO said:

Would you bother to buy a second choice winger? And if you did, who do you buy to play second fiddle that is bette than Theo? And if you do, how much do you spend on him? And how much do you get back for Theo?

or just have a decent option there that isn’t half as bad as made out, but seems to be the whipping boy. 

I'd buy a young and talented (if somewhat "unproven") winger, who still has the possibility of improvement left, as a possible first choice winger.  I'd certainly play said winger over, an already declined, Walcott.

Maybe it's just me, but don't see how it's all that hard to find better candidates than Theo... with all his space marking and little-to-no impact...  Malcom is certainly included in that list, but I also think that Lookman is as well.

If it's purely a question of 'finite resources' and priority to spend, I'd agree that Winger isn't it.

If the question is Theo Walcott... it's just a hard no.

1 hour ago, DownUnderToff said:

I'd buy a young and talented (if somewhat "unproven") winger, who still has the possibility of improvement left, as a possible first choice winger.  I'd certainly play said winger over, an already declined, Walcott.

Maybe it's just me, but don't see how it's all that hard to find better candidates than Theo... with all his space marking and little-to-no impact...  Malcom is certainly included in that list, but I also think that Lookman is as well.

If it's purely a question of 'finite resources' and priority to spend, I'd agree that Winger isn't it.

If the question is Theo Walcott... it's just a hard no.

Is Theo that bad though? I really don’t think he is. And young up and coming wingers will be expensive if they are talented enough.  

The man does a job, I don’t think we need to find better players for the bench. I’d rather the resource be spent strengthening the 11, and move players back down the pecking order. Which we’ve done with Richarlison and Bernard coming in, now Theo is on the bench and capable of being a very good back up.

If Malcolm was to come in and move one of Richarlison or Bernard to the bench then we’ve progressed a little (this being based on him being good enough to bench one of the others).

On 10/07/2019 at 11:04, StevO said:

Is Theo that bad though? I really don’t think he is. And young up and coming wingers will be expensive if they are talented enough.  

The man does a job, I don’t think we need to find better players for the bench. I’d rather the resource be spent strengthening the 11, and move players back down the pecking order. Which we’ve done with Richarlison and Bernard coming in, now Theo is on the bench and capable of being a very good back up.

If Malcolm was to come in and move one of Richarlison or Bernard to the bench then we’ve progressed a little (this being based on him being good enough to bench one of the others).

Plus we know from his Arsenal days that he is happy sitting on the bench which will be an added bonus for Silva. 

The flip side is that he is getting older and his value will go down. Maybe another year then cash in...

• 2 weeks later...