IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

32 minutes ago, badaids said:

He was turd when he came on, tried to Play his way out of trouble a few times getting us into trouble and failed to be an outlet. I know he was meany to be ill / tired, but still.

To be fair to him all of our forwards were poor for the last half an hour or so. It was very difficult for him and frustrating to watch all of them on the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Misses next game through suspension. Starting to get seriously pissed off with him now, the yellow card was 100% a yellow card, yeah he could have made it a good tackle but he had to petulantly throw his trail leg through didn’t he. 

he tries to play to the crowd but doesn’t understand that the crowd don’t like players getting stupid bookings and he collects them for fun. 

id drop him and put him in the under 23s, just watched the Michael branch podcast and he probably could do with watching it to realise what a fortunate position he is in. 

Unfortunately he's been mostly shit this season, and had he been the Gordon of last season, we might have picked up a few more points by now. 

I don't know if it's that his head was turned or what, but he needs to straighten himself out soon. He keeps playing like this, it's also only going to lower his asking price when it comes to the summer. 

Although if he keeps on like this, I'd take £40m for him and be done with it

16 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Although if he keeps on like this, I'd take £40m for him and be done with it

We'd be lucky to get 20! I said at the time we would rue the day we didn't take the £60 million for him. Absolutely bang average player. The only thing he had going for him was his effort and now that's gone. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

And not enough defensively. 

Exactly, Gordon is trying to con fans, that booking was a joke, an overreaction to him not doing his job right in first place. Like the other week with Patterson. 

he hid big time last night, not impressed one bit.  Hasn’t had one good game since the window closed. Says it all really. 

3 hours ago, plaidharper said:

A game off through suspension might help him sort his head.  Both him and Gray are trying to do too much by themselves offensively.  

I’m sure they feel the responsibility to replace Richie, especially without DCL.  It’s easy to forget how young Gordon still is. Hopefully the maturity comes and he can consistently be the player we have seen in flashes.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Definitely... Its messiah to naughty boy from game to game!

Not really, game to game would suggest he’s had a good game recently.  

like I said - has he had a good game since the window closed? I mean I recall his diva ish celebrations when he scored the disallowed goal vs forest “call me”, and his “not listening” when scoring against Leeds. 

I’ll call it as I see it, got far too high on himself. I look forward to him working hard for the team. 

The transfer hype from the summer has really done a number on him hasn’t it.

I can’t say I blame him wanting £100k when he’s shared the changing room with tosun, Gomes, Delph etc. 

the fact is those players neeeded to be shifted on cos their earnings and effort were misaligned.

based on current levels I would be looking to put him in the under 23s and cleaning players boots to remind of where he was before he got too big for his boots.